It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing of Manning sentence commutation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Regarding the commutation of Manning's sentence, there's something I haven't heard discussed. She is going to be released in May. But why not now? I'm wondering if there might be some ulterior motive behind this, like giving Trump a chance to cancel the pardon after he takes office, or perhaps to allow time for Manning to become depressed and "commit suicide" a couple of months from now.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree that it seems there must be something to this whole thing as well as the timing. A lot of weird things going on pre-inauguration.
edit on 19-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not sure what the history is on presidential pardons or sentences being commuted, but I would imagine they do not always happen right away.

That being said, I think you have a valid point, could it be some form of ploy by the Democrats to entice Trump into reversing he decision to make him out to be the bad guy?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The ONLY reason for Mannings commutation is one last stab at GW.

The final days of the Trump administration he should pardon Assange.

TWO can play that game.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The ONLY reason for Mannings commutation is one last stab at GW.

The final days of the Trump administration he should pardon Assange.

TWO can play that game.

And therein lies the problem: two can, and do, play that game. At no point does anybody say "hey you know what? This is some petty ass politics and really isn't doing the country any favors, so I'm gonna stop it." Everybody just perpetuates the cycle, and the peons on both sides of the aisle applaud them for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What's been going on has been beyond petty politics.

It's been damn right disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Begs the question as to why you're wanting it to continue then but hey, why not right? He who laughs last, et cetera

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe waiting to see if Assange makes good on his promise to turn himself over to the US, if they let Manning out of jail.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Assange was just testing the waters to see how Trump would respond, and whether he could think about leaving or whether Trump was going to treat him the same as Obama did.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Takes time to dot the i's and cross the t's of government bureaucracy. Also time to provide assistance in transitioning to life outside of confinement -reintegration programs.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think Obama letting Braddy boy out of jail has two implications, it secures his final "good deed" before leaving office, a lot of people wanted him (Bradley) released, so they will look favourably upon Obama......and secondly, from what I have seen, very few republicans like what they see as a traitor. So in a way it's a big middle finger to the Trump administration, which will also have the effect of pleasing the first crowd who were already singing Obama's praises for releasing him in the first place.

Personally, I don't think he should have been sent to jail in the first place, just like Mr Snowden shouldn't have to live in fear away from his family.....or poor Julian has to hide in that embassy away from the rape allegations.

Telling the truth should never be punished.

new topics

top topics

join