It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Speech That No One Heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We will pursue a new foreign policy that finally learns from the mistakes of the past…We will stop looking to topple regimes and overthrow governments…. Our goal is stability not chaos, because we want to rebuild our country [the United States]… We will partner with any nation that is willing to join us in the effort to defeat ISIS and radical Islamic terrorism …In our dealings with other countries, we will seek shared interests wherever possible and pursue a new era of peace, understanding, and good will.”ext

LINK

Trump's philosophy has many problems but on foreign issues such as Russia to a certain extent he is moving away from the usual US policies, at least now in philosophy, over the last 70 years in the US foreign policy.

None of the major media published Trump’s comments, and for good reason. The statement is a straightforward repudiation of the last 70 years of US foreign policy during which time the United States has either overthrown or attempted to overthrow 57 foreign governments according to author William Blum.
Removing governments that refuse to follow Washington’s diktats has been a mainstay of US foreign policy for the better part of the last century. Regime change is what we do. And while GOP administrations have relied more on direct military power (Re: Afghanistan, Iraq) as opposed to the more covert operations (proxy-wars –Syria, Ukraine, Libya) preferred by the Democrats, both parties fully support the violent and illegal ousting of foreign leaders provided Washington’s geopolitical objectives are achieved.

Here is the etiology of some of the establishment hatred of Trump, according to many commentators.

But will Trump abandon these new ideas when enough pressure is put on him by the establishment or is he lying. This oped writer and others apparently believes him. Maybe so, that would be great.

However, Trump may be cajoled to change and return to the usual US methods or ( I hope this isn’t in the works) something might happen to remove Trump from power. It will be interesting to see if Trump keeps this philosophy, I hope he does.

Anyway, please read the rest of this great oped about how the elites are apparently real pissed off at Trumps change in foreign policy emphasis.

LINK

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here's a more recent speech on foreign policy.... I'm in the midst of listening to it, so can't say anything about contents yet.

So far he's being very coherent... very logical and evne though I'm not impressed by him as a person, what he says is absolutely true...

edit on 19/1/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

AH DAMMIT! Well... I didn't read the caption... only saw the upload date, but I will keep it up anyways. BUT for clarification, this speech was made april 27th 2016, not recently.
edit on 19/1/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I would say the last 70 years of foreign policy have been riddled with bad decisions.
So maybe a change is in order.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is our hope, Willtell...that he means it. It's spot on in what we need to do, we should support him in that AND hold him accountable.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
But according to the trumpeters Trump was meant to start a bunch of wars over any slight insult to prove that Meriika is No 1 and will bomb anyone at any time!

Least that was what i am being told on the Iran thread.......

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A little more context.

“We will pursue a new foreign policy that finally learns from the mistakes of the past…We will stop looking to topple regimes and overthrow governments…. Our goal is stability not chaos, because we want to rebuild our country [the United States]… We will partner with any nation that is willing to join us in the effort to defeat ISIS and radical Islamic terrorism …In our dealings with other countries, we will seek shared interests wherever possible and pursue a new era of peace, understanding, and good will.”

None of the major media published Trump’s comments, and for good reason. The statement is a straightforward repudiation of the last 70 years of US foreign policy during which time the United States has either overthrown or attempted to overthrow 57  foreign governments according to author William Blum. Removing governments that refuse to follow Washington’s diktats has been a mainstay of US foreign policy for the better part of the last century. Regime change is what we do…

...Trump has charted a different course altogether which is why the media, the Intelligence Community, the political establishment and the deep state puppetmasters who operate behind the curtain,  have abandoned all restraint and are doing whatever they can to delegitimize him, back him into a corner and potentially remove him from office. They cannot allow Trump to work with nations like Russia that pose a clear threat to Washington’s plan to be a dominant player in the fastest growing region of the world.

The Trump Speech That No One Heard

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The last 12 months seems to have made a lot of people think they're some sort of Oracle...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A lot of ATS keyboard warriors and neocon warmongers are going tobbe bitterly disappointed at Trumps planned peacefull foriegn policy......

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Absolutely. We can only hope Trump means and really believes what he says and that he won’t back down.

IF Trump sticks by this we the people have to back him up.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Trump may not just be a double-sided sword but a double-sided bazooka.

Looking at this on the deeper level people have to understand that Trump has allighned himself (well he better have had or he is toast) with the Southern and western elite powers that rule the country in adverse to the eastern establishment powers.

One indication of this is the FBI helping Trump.

Remember, I remind people again: the CIA is basically the police force of the Eastern establishment powers and the FBI is the police force for the Southern and Western elite powers. That’s why Comey helped Trump win and that’s why the CIA is the agency that’s trying to upend Trump.

FBI=Western powers
CIA=Eastern Powers

One thing good about all this is that were seeing an elite war going on

War in Heaven or more precisely:

A war in Hell!

Of course again I remind

Time

WillTell

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump may not just be a double-sided sword but a double-sided bazooka.

This is kind of a poor analogy. All bazookas are double-sided. When they trained me on the AT4 I was taught to yell "back blast area clear!" because there is a very large cone of fire that shoots out the back of them when you fire them. This is something Hollywood has neglected to show in action movies that prominently feature these things.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

That is why we voted for him.

Only mindless morons who swallow everything the MSM and progressive blogs feeds them would not know Trump is a noninterventionist.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok so maybe Trump wants to work with other countries on business terms, like he's been doing most his life. He doesn't want to make enemies because that means he can't do business with them. But he's no politician. In business you don't attack other businesses with war machines. You beat them with business smarts and effort. Trump has no experience with an opponent who'll use chemical and nuclear weapons, as well intelligence activities to undermine him. And isn't this the problem? So ya Trump is noninterventionist. That'd be great if he was actually a politician. He's wayyy out of his league.

I hate war too. Ugly world. But be real. Ron Paul was another "noninterventionist". Both of them would be terrible politicians until they learned. It's sad we have to pay for their training in money and consequences.

Politicians are great liars. They know how to speak and make the people happy. They also know the world is s***. They know how to marry the two. Not everybody can learn it. Trump lies--maybe he can.
edit on 1/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Good for this and hopefully it remains in the plans. Don't need anymore wars after ISIL is dealt with. This cycle for the past decades needs to end.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

What part of FIGHTING CHINA seems like that to you?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Remember when Rambo fired one from a Huey?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Ok so maybe Trump wants to work with other countries on business terms, like he's been doing most his life. He doesn't want to make enemies because that means he can't do business with them. But he's no politician. In business you don't attack other businesses with war machines. You beat them with business smarts and effort. Trump has no experience with an opponent who'll use chemical and nuclear weapons, as well intelligence activities to undermine him. And isn't this the problem? So ya Trump is noninterventionist. That'd be great if he was actually a politician. He's wayyy out of his league.

I hate war too. Ugly world. But be real. Ron Paul was another "noninterventionist". Both of them would be terrible politicians until they learned. It's sad we have to pay for their training in money and consequences.

Politicians are great liars. They know how to speak and make the people happy. They also know the world is s***. They know how to marry the two. Not everybody can learn it. Trump lies--maybe he can.

Lol, Trump has the USA military machine behind him now.

Don't tell me that doesn't up his leverage for doing biz.

Before he only had mafia hit men. lol! Throw your mom in a car trunk with duct tape.

Politicians are cowards trying to cover each others asses and make stalemate seem like a "win" with no co operation. Yeah, they lie but to the wrong people.

Bizmen are in it to win it, hands down. Co-operation is preferred for long term profitability for both parties. Smiles and $$$$ all around for the people.

Imagine how many hotels he could build with the 6th Cav and 82nd behind him!? lol!

edit on 1 20 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
But according to the trumpeters Trump was meant to start a bunch of wars over any slight insult to prove that Meriika is No 1 and will bomb anyone at any time!

Least that was what i am being told on the Iran thread.......

He has already drawn the ire of China after antagonising them over the South China Sea. China has, quite blatantly, said if he keeps it up it will mean war.

It would be nice if Trump would do as he says, but his actions are proving to be not only contrary, but extremely dangerous.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Willtell

I would say the last 70 years of foreign policy have been riddled with bad decisions.
So maybe a change is in order.

I have thought more than once that all the vile hatred directed at Trump and Putin is simply because neither want to play the NWO open border B.S. that is destroying Europe as I type this. Both want their countries protected and strong for their individual citizens... IMO

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I wouldn't jump to such a "peaceful" conclusion so quickly.

Remember one of his primary goals, "We will partner with any nation that is willing to join us in the effort to defeat ISIS and radical Islamic terrorism".

He's all-in for the "War on Terror", and it's the perfect enemy for the Military Industrial Complex since it's an enemy without a true state/nation to defeat. The war on terror will forever be a giant game of whack-a-mole across the middle east. Every missile we let loose creates future recruits who lose family members, friends, etc., and gives those doing the recruiting further means of persuading those future recruits.

Terror is an emotion, not a defined physical enemy, and terrorism will always exist as a means for disenfranchised people to attempt to fight powers stronger than themselves.

As wonderful as it would be to eliminate terrorism, it's simply not a realistic and attainable goal, and that's what makes it the perfect never-ending "war" for the MIC.
edit on 1/20/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join