It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Hot vs Crazy Matrix A Man's Guide to Women

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Except it's not.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AethereumLux

Except it's not.

Super glad we had this discussion?

edit on 1/19/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Was that even necessary?

Your self proclaimed title says it all.
edit on 19-1-2017 by AethereumLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Was that even necessary?

Your self proclaimed title says it all.

About as necessary as your first reply to my comment, and that was the point. Are we done here?

Hint: The answer is yes because I'm done feeding your fit about this topic.

It was totes funny. ATS needs comic relief. Thanks OP!

Also, I can see that you're new here maybe you should read over the T&C's one more time. If you think my "self proclaimed title" tells you ANYTHING about me for a fact, then I feel pity for you.

Have a super adorbz day. :

-Alee

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Totes?

Need I say more?

Good day.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hot vs. crazy

Good girl vs. ho

Some things never change.

That dog would be put down.
edit on 19-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: coop039

It wasn't even that funny though.

Meant to be funny, but in all honesty, it's mean spirited and degrading.

I've been here quite some time, despite just recently becoming a member, and I've come to expect so much more from the good, usually reasonably intelligent people at ATS.

It's just not nice and yet you're confused as to why people get offended.

Why?

It IS funny, just not to you. Maybe youre a little overly sensitive. Theres way more offensive stuff out there, some funny as hell.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

First I'd like to point out that funny is entirely subjective. And there are far more offensive things, I'll agree to that.

However, this is not the place for videos that not only objectify but also degrade and insult half the population to be posted.

Isnt the spirit of this site to deny ignorance? Because this video is perpetuating it.

And lastly, I'm not being overly sensitive. To claim so is ridiculous. If you can't see how it's hateful at its core, that is your problem. It's unwelcoming and just plain disappointing.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah, not really funny. The whole "women are crazy" stereotype is old and completely untrue.
I always thought women in general are more emotionally stable than men. It isn't normally women that stalk, rape, abuse and murder loved ones, after all. Jokes like this just seem to encourage gaslighting

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AethereumLux

Your opinion is also subjective. There is no degrading it's obvious satirical, sarcastic humor. If you don't like it move on. There are a million threads for you to engage in.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It's not obviously satirical. And I don't find it humorous when I have deal with this kind of hate every day. In real life. It's sad and disheartening to come on one of my favorite sites to see this. Perhaps you should take a moment to think about how this kind of thought process and behavior affects us all. What you posted was hurtful and I know not only to me.

It is degrading to every woman to a say all women are crazy. It's hateful and it's total BS.

It's a gross generalization.

To be told i need to lighten up and am overly sensitive(by another user) Is utterly ridiculous.

You open yourself to all opinions and discussions when you make threads. Not only those you agree with you.

Furthermore, I will engage in threads where I see fit. Something had to be said.

No wonder there are hardly any women here.

Sorry I expected more.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's not obviously satirical. And I don't find it humorous when I have deal with this kind of hate every day. In real life. It's sad and disheartening to come on one of my favorite sites to see this. Perhaps you should take a moment to think about how this kind of thought process and behavior affects us all. What you posted was hurtful and I know not only to me.

Your failure to see the obvious is your own problem. Maybe take a moment and figure out why your so upset about a joke that we're not taking literally.

It is degrading to every woman to a say all women are crazy. It's hateful and it's total BS.

Again, you fail to see it as satrical and it has you very upset. I don't think anyone here thinks all woman are crazy.

It's a gross generalization.

No wonder there are hardly any women here.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why do I only meet women above the crazy line?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Whether satirical or not, it doesn't elicit any kind of constructive discussion. What were you hoping to achieve with this thread anyway? A high five? Certainly not to learn or teach anything.

edit on 19-1-2017 by AethereumLux because: iPhones suck

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

To brighten a few people's day with a laugh. Sorry your day was darkened.

Can I get a high five from you now?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

With all the doom, gloom, and endless hate from the election season it's nice to lighten up every now and then.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I appreciate your effort to brighten people's day. I'm glad you know what will brighten your own and thank you for sharing.

However, it's still probably not the best idea to make a thread featuring a video with such hateful undertones. That's not the kind of thing I expect to run into here after being a near daily visiter for several years. Its very unwelcoming to us sane women who have to hear this rhetoric on the daily. I hope you can understand.

For your efforts to spread cheer, you can most definitely get a high five.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I appreciate your effort to brighten people's day. I'm glad you know what will brighten your own and thank you for sharing.

However, it's still probably not the best idea to make a thread featuring a video with such hateful undertones. That's not the kind of thing I expect to run into here after being a near daily visiter for several years. Its very unwelcoming to us sane women who have to hear this rhetoric on the daily. I hope you can understand.

So you've been lurking for years and THIS is the thread that had you so outraged it made you create an account? I've seen some pretty bad ones. This one is still funny not hateful IMO.

Are you sure that's not a fake second account?

Where do you hear this type of stuff on a daily basis? Legit curious question.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No, this thread isn't the reason I joined. Nor am I outraged, just disappointed. This is certainly not how I intended to start off here. I'm actually quite embarrassed and feel as though my insight and opinion aren't welcome here.

I've debated joining for a long while, but I much prefer to be more of an observer than a speaker. Theres only so much you can learn from lurking without actually engaging with other members and having discussions, and I thought it time to start. Your thread just happened to come up at the top of new posts.

I understand that you intended this to be funny and I'm sure many found it so. I was merely offering another perspective.

In regards to your last question, I experience this kind of thing constantly as a woman. So, to me, a joke it is not. It's a sad true commentary on our society, if anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Didn't brighten my day because I've been stereotyped. I know people love stereotypes, such as when trying to deny ignorance those always outweighed the logic. However, that sad part is the people that abide by all that and more so the ones who had to deal with that. I feel bad for all my fellow redhaired women for example, others as well, who have to deal with this. And yes as mentioned, on a daily basis(in schools and colleges for ex).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join