It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone
One more....

CNN was the network that gave Hillary Clinton the questions that would be asked at the Democratic debates.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
One more....

CNN was the network that gave Hillary Clinton the questions that would be asked at the Democratic debates.

Yes...CNN is disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hi Seasonal,

Implication is that CNN desires that an assassination happen. (of course they do)
Question becomes, "who is funding the assassins?"
Likely answer is George Soros.

It's common knowledge that George Soros is paying the demonstrators by:
--- paying their salaries
--- paying their transportation & lodging
--- paying their per diem and incidental expenses
--- paying for their training.
--- paying their legal expenses.

Question becomes, "Why hasn't George Soros been arrested for terrorism?"
Easy answer, he's protected by every single Democrat,
and barry hussein soetoro won't allow the DoJ to even question Mr. Soros.

and
"How much is George Soros paying the assassin(s)?

All this protection and immunity the Democratic Party has afforded to George Soros will likely go away upon the inauguration; and Mr. Soros cannot allow that. The fix, for Mr. Soros, is to fulfill CNN reporters' desire.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I tried to suggest this in another thread, but no, people assured me Pence being VP automatically goes into top spot.

This is exactly what i was afraid of.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

Question becomes, "Why hasn't George Soros been arrested for terrorism?" 
Easy answer, he's protected by every single Democrat, 
and barry hussein soetoro won't allow the DoJ to even question Mr. Soros. 

Maybe things will change after noon tomorrow.

Imagine George on a rendition flight.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

George is a billionaire, nuff said.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Seeing as this thread relates to CNN and what they are saying, I think I can offer the following in relation to how trustworthy they are.

About three years ago I was watching an edition of CNN's "Amanpour" on CNN international, which I received via satellite. During this program there was a segment with a "live interview" with a woman in Vienna, Austria.

I live in Prague in the Czech Republic, about 300 km (cca 180-200 miles) west of Vienna.

Well, the woman who Christiane Amanpour was interviewing "live" was standing in broad daylight outside one of Vienna's well-known historical buildings. I forget which one (it has many!) and to be honest, I don't even recall the full details of the interview. But that doesn't matter because in context, what they talked about was not relevant.

It was when they supposedly talked that mattered. And CNN lied about it.

It was already dark in Prague when that "live" interview from Vienna went to air. As Vienna is east of Prague it gets dark there sooner than here. However, this woman in Vienna was interviewed in daylight. So, there is no way that this woman was being interviewed live, because it was already night time in Vienna when this so-called "live interview" went to air. She must have been interviewed some time earlier, maybe not even on the same day.

And no, it wasn't a repeat of an earlier program. It was the first airing of the day.

For me, this was a definitive moment: we the viewers were being lied to to. That interview was not live and could not possibly have been live, but all through it, CNN showed the tag "live".

CNN's producers or whoever flat-out lied to their viewers. Plain and simple.

From that time on I have not taken anything they have said as Gospel. I always check other sources as well.
edit on 19/1/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: butcherguy

George is a billionaire, nuff said.

I was just dreaming.
edit on b000000312017-01-19T15:51:34-06:0003America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 15:51:34 -0600300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

I tried to suggest this in another thread, but no, people assured me Pence being VP automatically goes into top spot.

It depends on when the swearing in has occurred.

I have read in places that both Trump and Pence are sworn in privately before the public ceremony just in case. So any disaster that takes place would have to take out both of them, but because they are both going to be there at the public ceremony, a sufficient disaster could do it.

Then you have the line of succession falling back to the Speaker and Head of the Senate, and then you looking at cabinet spots because none of Trump's have been confirmed.

So whatever disaster would happen would have to be truly epic to take out the top four spots in the line of succession. Something of that magnitude would almost certainly have to be something on the order of a complete nuking of DC or a true coup that encompasses more than just angry mobs.

So even if someone at the WH takes temporary power, the law clearly stands as to who would be the legal president and it wouldn't be one of Obama's cabinet.
edit on 19-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I dont even watch it as of 3 weeks ago it has become a race baiting,spiteful,vindictive,warmongering(against a nation with 4500 nuclear weapons) false news anti American circus that should be pulled off the air for seditition and treason...and this is an objective view Im not even American

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

I'm guessing Mr. Soros will be conveniently out of the country, for the swearing in....
edit on 19-1-2017 by Enderdog because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy
Pence automatically goes into top spot if Trump and only Trump is unable to fulfill his duties of office.

That's not what the designated survivor is about. The designated survivor, who is selected by the incumbent POTUS, shall be at a secret location far from Washington so that he (in this case it's he) can become acting POTUS if all other eligible persons under the Presidential Succession Act (and Amendment XX, if applicable), are either dead or unable to take on the duties of POTUS.

As another poster made clear, this is just in case of an extreme scenario, such as eg a nuke attack on DC during the inauguration. Or some other weapon or device that kills all eligible persons. Or even the one-in-one-trillion chance of an asteroid hit at that time.

The designated survivor is the ultimate security measure, to make sure there is a person who can legally become CIC of the US military and give commands such as authorizing a nuclear retaliatory strike.

Most importantly, even in the extremely unlikely event that the designated survivor has to take on the role of CIC, he or she will only be acting POTUS. The Congress is invested with the power to choose a new "permanent" POTUS after this event, at which time the acting POTUS would step down.

But what happens if a large number of Congressmen and women and senators are taken out in DC as well? Again, this is anticipated by law. Choosing new congresspeople and senators to replace those who die in office devolves to the individual states, and they all have legislation to guide them in how to do it. In some states, Governors or (if deceased/incapacitated) their appointed deputies have the power to make such appointments, even if only temporarily in some cases and subject to State Congress vote. But a new Federal Congress could be formed relatively quickly and make choosing their next non-acting POTUS a priority.

All the legal mechanisms required already exist. The designated survivor is just part of the whole "plan B", as it were. There is nothing sinister about it. It's just part of wise planning for as near to a worst-case scenario as you can get without everyone being dead.

edit on 19/1/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: scubagravy

It depends on when the swearing in has occurred.

I have read in places that both Trump and Pence are sworn in privately before the public ceremony just in case. So any disaster that takes place would have to take out both of them, but because they are both going to be there at the public ceremony, a sufficient disaster could do it.

Then you have the line of succession falling back to the Speaker and Head of the Senate, and then you looking at cabinet spots because none of Trump's have been confirmed.

So whatever disaster would happen would have to be truly epic to take out the top four spots in the line of succession. Something of that magnitude would almost certainly have to be something on the order of a complete nuking of DC or a true coup that encompasses more than just angry mobs.

So even if someone at the WH takes temporary power, the law clearly stands as to who would be the legal president and it wouldn't be one of Obama's cabinet.

Yeah....people act like this hasn't already been war-gamed out to the point of exhaustion.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

For some reason I saw John Mc Cains face when I read this,scary,I better get a coffee.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I think this is more than desperate.

Can you imagine this going on with Obama taking the oath today?

This is not going to win points with Trump who is for better or worse a person who will punish CNN for this.

And I for one, hope he does. CNN has lost all credibility.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I saw him the other day, he is really mad looking-all the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: veracity
I do not like how I can say this about another human being, however, if Trump was assassinated it would be for the better of the country.

This is promoting the man's assassination.

Mods...?

Lol

Are you forgetting that calling Obama to be lynched and dragged is NOT???

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: veracity
Assassinating a US President or POTUS-elect is never going to be "for the better of the country". (By the way, it would be best to say "would be best for the country". But that is just to help you, because I see that English is not your first language.)

An assassination of a president means that an individual or small group of people act against the will of the people who chose that person as president. In a totalitarian regime, like eg Iraq under Saddam Hussein -- when there was only one candidate for president on the ballot -- assassination might seem like a reasonable alternative. (Though I do not support murder!) But in a country like the USA, where by absolute law, the President is chosen by a vote of its citizens and there is more than one candidate, then the law should be all that matters. And, this law should be followed. Always!

A POTUS can only serve a maximum of eight years. That is also the law. But the people of the US have the right to choose another candidate even after their POTUS has only served four years. And, if the President does something against the laws, the Congress has the right to put that President on trial and even remove him (or her) from the office of President. The laws of the USA were written to make sure of this.

So, why commit the terrible crime of murder, to remove someone who might only be President for four years? Or a maximum of eight years? How can that be good for a country like the USA, which has a system to choose their President, and it is a system that works well? Yes, many people do not like the result if their candidate loses, but that is the system and the law.

Assassination within a system of government like the US has, is cowardly. It also does not respect the will of millions of people. In my opinion, if anyone assassinates Trump or any elected US President, that person is not worthy of any respect. That person is a low criminal. Nothing more.

I repeat: murdering a President of the United States is never good for the country. It is the action of a coward and it goes against the law and the will of the people who elected that leader.

Sorry my way of thinking flies by you. It's the person, not just the fact he is president elect. Would you be happy and willing to swear in Hitler?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

So Donald Trump equals Hitler in your mind?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Twentieth Amendment

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.

I thought this was the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join