It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: JustMike

Don't worry we all familiar with this amendment, I can only imagine all those that loved 24 back in the days, remember now Kiefer Sutherland as the Designated Survivor series, actually I liked him more on 24.

I've thought Donald (Sutherland) would make a much more interesting president than Kiefer.
But then, "Designated Survivor" would probably be on the CHILL Network as some kind of drama-horror-insanity show.
Max Headroom for President (who needs a "real person" to run the country anyway).

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I actually quite like Designated Survivor.

Better than the Kardashian celebrity reality crap that infests our screens these days.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

As long as someone doesn't tell the Chinese that Kangaroo meat is the cure for smog, your country is safe.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I actually think that the American alliance is in our best interests however we should be more like New Zealand in terms of which misadventures we pick and choose to support,the Anzus pact is a mutual defense not offense pact.In any event this next 48 hours is critical if there is a coup my position will change markedly.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do not like how I can say this about another human being, however, if Trump was assassinated it would be for the better of the country.

If I were him, I would not have an inauguration ball but his ego would never allow that.

I just hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

As long as someone doesn't tell the Chinese that Kangaroo meat is the cure for smog, your country is safe.

Well, to be honest they can come and kill all the Kangaroos they want, they are in plague proportions in some areas. It's not like we don't have enough of the little buggers hopping around. China doesn't need to invade, we'll GIVE them the meat.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I actually think that the American alliance is in our best interests however we should be more like New Zealand in terms of which misadventures we pick and choose to support,the Anzus pact is a mutual defense not offense pact.In any event this next 48 hours is critical if there is a coup my position will change markedly.

China got us through the GFC, not America.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I do not like how I can say this about another human being, however, if Trump was assassinated it would be for the better of the country.

If I were him, I would not have an inauguration ball but his ego would never allow that.

I know you are dissapointed your team didnt win but what you suggest would open the gates of hell,so much so in fact its boss would probably end up your leader.cant you see that?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh my goodness....

As some of you know, I do NOT care for Trump at all, but...... I can see why the man is fed up with the media. This just seems in such poor taste.......

I couldn't imagine if someone said "Oh well if her dad is murdered on national television tomorrow, it's okay because someone else we like better can replace him"

We all kind of know that already right? Why would they need to make an article about it. It comes off to me as a last plea for someone to actually do something horrid.

Totally cringey.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Hi marg,

because ATS members are intelligent and informed people, especially in forums like this one,they probably do know these amendments and have even read the whole US Constitution. But we have readers from all over the world and some of them might not know your country has very solid laws about these matters. So I've given a lot more detail to help them be better informed.

Just my humble opinion, but the Constitution of the United States (COTUS) is a brilliant document. Americans have run a massive and powerful country on it for over 200 years. When we look at the EU Constitution, which was something like 1400 pages long (cca 60 to 70x bigger than COTUS) and never ratified because it was such a mess, I can only envy you!

The Bill of Rights should be adopted by every country in the world, IMO. Those Rights are so fundamental. Yes, I know they are not always followed but at least they exist in law. Plenty of countries do not even give people these legal rights. People in many countries would be better off if their parliaments/leaders just copied the Bill of Rights and made it part of their own law.

Like, Japan's constitution is modeled on COTUS! Look where they are now: number 3 economy in the world, their women have equal rights and their economy is massive...

A good constitution is the basis for a strong country!

A bit OT, but I like Kiefer Sutherland, no matter who he is playing.

edit on 19/1/17 by JustMike because: TYPO

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I know you are dissapointed your team didnt win but what you suggest would open the gates of hell,so much so in fact its boss would probably end up your leader.cant you see that?

I don't care about "winning". If you look at it that way...we ALL lost

I just want whats best for the country.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Whats best is a smooth transition of power and for better or worse Trump serves his term if he is no good get rid of him in 4 years,the alternative would have your founding fathers rolling in their graves.
edit on 19-1-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess
Hi Nerd Goddess,

it's worse than cringey. It's freaking insane and IMO borders on incitement to violence.

Ok, in the US there is freedom of speech. And (cough cough) freedom of the press -- if anyone on ATS really believes the media can say absolutely anything they want. (A hint: they can't. And the same applies in nearly every country on Earth. There are "gag orders" in place and they exist all over.)

I am not a "Trump booster". I am also no longer a Trump detractor. I'll be honest: I was, but he's been elected POTUS by the law that applies in the USA, and for me, that's the end of it. It's up to US citizens to choose their leaders, not foreigners like me. It simply does not matter what I think about him. The only thing that matters is what US citizens think. And, they made their choice.

I say give the man a chance and let's see how he goes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I forgot about your background, that's ok, you know 24 was a big hit back in the days, so many people are familiar with Kiefer, the designated survivor is a nice series that those that likes Sutherland like this new show too.

Is a great example of the how will politics works in America under extreme situations.

Unfortunately I wanted to like to series and watched faithfully the first few episodes, I kind of lost interest with all the intrigue and various scenarios of what would happen if.

You are right, is many Americans in the latest generation that do not understand our constitution perhaps due to bad education or just because they where born under other set of laws depending the country of origin and have a hard time grasping what the meaning of the constitution is all about, it takes time to really understand what Americas laws are and mean.

Thanks for posting the meaning of the article For U.S. contingency plan against catastrophic loss of its leadership

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Hi Nerd Goddess,

it's worse than cringey. It's freaking insane and IMO borders on incitement to violence.

Ok, in the US there is freedom of speech. And (cough cough) freedom of the press -- if anyone on ATS really believes the media can say absolutely anything they want. (A hint: they can't. And the same applies in nearly every country on Earth. There are "gag orders" in place and they exist all over.)

I am not a "Trump booster". I am also no longer a Trump detractor. I'll be honest: I was, but he's been elected POTUS by the law that applies in the USA, and for me, that's the end of it. It's up to US citizens to choose their leaders, not foreigners like me. It simply does not matter what I think about him. The only thing that matters is what US citizens think. And, they made their choice.

I say give the man a chance and let's see how he goes.

I agree, and I was actually wondering if something were to happen to him would CNN now be partially liable for it? Like you said, it really seems to be an article that's purpose was to fan the flames into a frenzy. And by flames I mean people with low mental stability, or very radicalized ideas, morals.

Its just downright wrong, at least to me and i'm happy to see i'm not the only non trump lover who thinks that.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I totally agree. You have solid laws for the transition of power and the US is founded on the Rule of Law. Some people just laugh at that phrase or are totally cynical. I am not.

I want to see Trump sworn in tomorrow. Not because I even like the man. That is not important. It's because by US law, he is the next President of the United States and he should take office.

The US Founding Fathers wisely decided that your Presidents should have limited terms. But those who are legally elected to that office should be able to take on their appointed roles peacefully.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes. Maybe CNN would not be legally liable, but they might be seen as culpable.

Good MSM outlets should be politically neutral in a free country like the USA. Ok, that is a high standard to aspire to, but I do not think CNN has demonstrated even a hint of neutrality.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification and I agree. I think many people in this thread are missing the fact that EVERYONE would have to die, not just a few people in Trumps Cabinet. The whole contingency was for if a nuclear device hit the inauguration.

The point of the designated survivor was to have the powers of the president as commander in chief to declare military action against an attacker. This is why the designated survivor has a Military Commander with launch codes should the new temporary president need to call a retaliatory nuclear strike.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Not going to happen.....

If something like that took place even the far left would rise up

Myself and the left may not like trump, but we don't want to see him dead , nor the process subverted

That's cool of you to say, but I don't think the far left would rise up at all, they would rejoice.
edit on 19-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This is a awful viewpoint to have. Many times I have disagreed with you but now I just look down upon you. What a disgusting person you are. SMH

AND....I'm pretty sure people want President Trump more than they want President Pence. I am a conservative and I don't want a President Pence.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join