It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
CNN is a joke! I hope Trump buries them but I don't think he will need to, only time. They will fall apart.

If I were Trump though I would highly consider doing this at a secure location indoors. I wouldn't announce it until last minute. Too many upset folk out there and honestly I think it's a huge risk to his security.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think this gives more reasons for the Trump administration to fully exclude CNN from all access to the President, his staff, or govt. buildings.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
CNN is a joke! I hope Trump buries them but I don't think he will need to, only time. They will fall apart.

Yeah, meltdown on Twitter about them. That'll show 'em!!

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Last Friday, after John Lewis called Trump illegitimate and Trump replied via Twitter, the scroll on CNN read, "Trump attacks Civil Rights Icon" .

When, really, the facts could have easily lead them to go with something like "Trump and Lewis exchange criticism."

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think this gives more reasons for the Trump administration to fully exclude CNN from all access to the President, his staff, or govt. buildings.

So much for freedom of speech and freedom of the press then!

Dictatorship - here we come!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

CNN reporting that is the height of irresponsible journalism!

Although using the word journalism in the same sentence as CNN is ludicrous on it's face, they are still part of the MSM and their crap is lapped up by the wingnuts on the left.

I hope after the inauguration someone in an official capacity really goes after them for this...and is not afraid to use their teeth.

Simply unbelievable.

edit on 1/19/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

So much for freedom of speech and freedom of the press then!

Dictatorship - here we come!!!!

CNN are not the press - they are a fake news outlet. It would be best to keep them at arms length now that they are also playing out assassination and terrorist fantasies.
Real news outlets will continue to cover the President.
edit on 19/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

CNN are not the press - they are a fake news outlet. It would be best to keep them at arms length now that they are also playing out assassination and terrorist fantasies.

Sorry mate but they are Press, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. To start denying press access because you don't like the way they speak about Trump is the very beginnings of a classic dictatorship. A dictatorship that a large section of Americans seem to be throwing their support towards.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Good ol' Kimmy Jong Un has threatened to nuke the inauguration.

Trumps got nothing to worry about, his hair will deflect any nuclear attacks, right after he meltsdown on Twitter about it!

No he hasn't, he is suggesting he will test their ICBM.

He probably will, and really I have no idea how Trump will respond to that, since just a week or two ago he said that would not happen.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be testing Trump quickly.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree with you there, and CNN isn't making a great name for itself right now, but I doubt they are in anyway condoning the assassination of the new president and his entire incoming cabinet. That seems to be what InfoWars is implying.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
If Trump is killed, Pence becomes the president. Do those idiots have no concept of the line of succession?

Apparently, CNN was dreaming up a situation where Trump and all the successors were killed during the inauguration:

Blitzer introduced the segment, saying, “What if an incoming president and his immediate successors were wiped out on day one?”

Obama will name the designated survivor and that person will be in an undisclosed location during the inauguration. When Obama took office the first time, Bush had named Robert Gates as the designated survivor.

edit on 19-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
CNN needs to go the way of the Brontosaurus...(Which was ALSO a FAKE Dinosaur).

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

CNN and Obama together, I don't need to say more.

How much do you want to bet CNN hires Obama as an infrequent commentator?

Jeff Zucker would be like:

"Please Mr. President! After all we've done for you and your administration, the rigged polls, the hit pieces on Trump, the racist pundits, the divisive & sensationalized coverage for a decade. Somehow we are losing our viewers! Oh what could it be? Will you come save us Mr. President?"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

He probably will, and really I have no idea how Trump will respond to that,

I'll give you one hint: Twitter.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not going to happen.....

If something like that took place even the far left would rise up

Myself and the left may not like trump, but we don't want to see him dead , nor the process subverted

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Ah, so they were dealing in high fantasy then?

The average American IQ ranges between 90 and 100. Individuals with IQ scores between 160 and 165 are considered extraordinary geniuses, and those with scores of 145 to 179 are considered geniuses. A score of 115 to 144 is considered above average, and scores between 85 and 114 are considered average.

Reference.com

Meaning half the people have lower IQ than the above...scary when you think of it that way isn't it? No wonder they're (CNN) is still in business.
edit on 19-1-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: e

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If I remember right, the way it goes is both the current and incoming administration have a person in a remote location. If everybody gets vaporized before Trump swears in, Obama's person takes over, if after, Trumps person takes over. It's designed to keep the government flowing in case of a disaster or attack.

For CNN to even air this segment is reprehensible and could stir up anybody who is so desperate to keep Trump away.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Those CNN airheads should try referring to a useful law called the Presidential Succession Act (of 1947), which spells out quite clearly who will become POTUS if the elected person is either dead or unable to continue to perform their duties, and the VP is also unable to take on the office of POTUS.

This Act applies if a POTUS dies/is unable to fulfill the duties after taking office. Even if it's minutes after.

They should also bear in mind that Amendment XX of the US Constitution states exactly when a US President's term ends and the next one begins: at noon on Jan 20 in the year following the POTUS election, which is inauguration day. So, Obama would have no power to act after noon on that date as he will no longer be President and so he cannot, by law, appoint anyone.

Section 3 of Amendment XX also states what happens if neither the POTUS-elect or the VP-elect can take office:

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
(Bolding mine.) Source: archives .gov, amendments 11-27.

In the extremely unlikely event that Trump and Pence are both deceased before noon on Jan 20th 2017, the Congress will decide who shall act as President. Not Obama.

If CNN are trying to say different they are talking utter BS, IMHO.

edit on 19/1/17 by JustMike because: needed to use "ex" tags, not "quote" tags.

edit on 19/1/17 by JustMike because: added link to archives .gov source.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If P.E. Trump is assassinated, I'll bet ya it will be a CIA coup. What these useful CIA idiots don't realize is that the Russians will be immediately identified as the perpetrators and probably an almost instant nuclear response will be launched at Russia. Putin will be watching via several means so as not to be snookered by the CIA and the instant he sees Trump assassinated, he will most probably immediately launch nukes at us, knowing the US will have our nukes on the way.

This will be a lose, lose, LOSE situation all around.

If the CIA were real patriots, they will stand down.

I'm hoping this is only yellow journalism at its worse...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: uncommitted

When did Fox openly day dream about a subject like this at a time like this?

Info wars is a source, did they some how dub the video?

I am just presenting info because I am a jerk, an ass**** or d-bag. Been called all of them here on this site.

You on the other hand are not being objective, and I would rather be the names I was called above than not being objective.

Objective?

2. Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

No, you are the opposite. if it's left leaning on anything you attack it. Start posting and criticising articles made that are right leaning and then you are being objective.

Infowars likes to turn things into something they are not and will try its best to ratchet up the outrage from the ignorant - I didn't say they dubbed a video, but their editorial spin on it seeks to sensationalise for the stupid.

I've no idea if you're a jerk an ass or a d-bag and I don't really care, why would I?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join