It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Obama did a poor job. Seems that does matter. If you are suggesting this is a zero sum game, i think you are incorrect.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I do not like how I can say this about another human being, however, if Trump was assassinated it would be for the better of the country.

If I were him, I would not have an inauguration ball but his ego would never allow that.

I just hope for the best.

Just preserving this quote from another member (NOT me), to illustrate just one example of the "veracity" of my previous statement!

edit on 1/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: veracity
Assassinating a US President or POTUS-elect is never going to be "for the better of the country". (By the way, it would be best to say "would be best for the country". But that is just to help you, because I see that English is not your first language.)

An assassination of a president means that an individual or small group of people act against the will of the people who chose that person as president. In a totalitarian regime, like eg Iraq under Saddam Hussein -- when there was only one candidate for president on the ballot -- assassination might seem like a reasonable alternative. (Though I do not support murder!) But in a country like the USA, where by absolute law, the President is chosen by a vote of its citizens and there is more than one candidate, then the law should be all that matters. And, this law should be followed. Always!

A POTUS can only serve a maximum of eight years. That is also the law. But the people of the US have the right to choose another candidate even after their POTUS has only served four years. And, if the President does something against the laws, the Congress has the right to put that President on trial and even remove him (or her) from the office of President. The laws of the USA were written to make sure of this.

So, why commit the terrible crime of murder, to remove someone who might only be President for four years? Or a maximum of eight years? How can that be good for a country like the USA, which has a system to choose their President, and it is a system that works well? Yes, many people do not like the result if their candidate loses, but that is the system and the law.

Assassination within a system of government like the US has, is cowardly. It also does not respect the will of millions of people. In my opinion, if anyone assassinates Trump or any elected US President, that person is not worthy of any respect. That person is a low criminal. Nothing more.

I repeat: murdering a President of the United States is never good for the country. It is the action of a coward and it goes against the law and the will of the people who elected that leader.

Sorry my way of thinking flies by you. It's the person, not just the fact he is president elect. Would you be happy and willing to swear in Hitler?

...and another quote from another poster. Again, to the "veracity" of my previous statement!

edit on 1/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I hate twitter. I should have archived it and then posted but I'm on my phone.

It's still up and yes, it's CNBCs' verified twitter account.

It's an OP ed article by Jake Tucker. It's about how Trump should be careful with his words when vocalizing opinions on different companies as president because it could harm their bottom line or ultimately damage a company. ...but they could have referenced any president in history, they chose JFK. It's intentional. As if the content was written around a veiled threat in a read-between-the-lines manner.

It's apparent and not very clever but gives plausible deniability. That's their M.O.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
CNN can (insert foul obscenity here) themselves.

Who comes up with this kind of crud? They dug their own grave, but I guess the standard 6 feet was to shallow for them.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This story deserves criticism because it is almost cheerleading the idea that Trump could be attacked. However, I do find the story interesting. I don't see why an Obama appointee would be President. Regardless, hopefully nothing happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
From CNN then it could be part of the desensitizing to even a coded suggestion. Jones(direct vid link) is right though we've been under a 30 plus year presidential Coup d'état. He mentions COG as well and more as shared. The Shadow government isn't going to allow something to happen(such as a said presidency by a claimed anti establishment POTUS) if they don't want it to.

They can at least try and this "news" very well might be hinting at that. Oh, and guess who gets the blame if something were to happen whether to Trump or another 9/11, hint it's not ISIL and the Shadow Government won't care about the Trump/Putin association either.

Did JFK sign his death warrant by firing CIA chief?

Agency reminded him of vow within days of taking office

Presidential historian Robert Dallek reported that two days after JFK became president, the CIA began pushing him to move against Cuba.

At a Jan. 22, 1961, meeting of Secretary of State Dean Rusk; Secretary of Defense Robert MacNamara; Attorney General Robert Kennedy; Army General Lyman Lemnitzer, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; and various national security and foreign policy experts, Dulles stressed the U.S. had only two months “before something had to be done about” the Cubans being trained covertly by the CIA in Guatemala.

The CIA knew it had Kennedy over a barrel, with his aggressive statements about Cuba virtually setting him up to be blackmailed by Richard Bissell and Nixon, the top proponents from the beginning of a Cuba invasion plan.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

edit on 20-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA

edit on 20-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: becomingaware
Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet.

CNBC Tweets JFK reminder to Trump

Blatant as can be. This is incitement at the very least, it's threatening on the cool.

Yes, little hints(yet big) dropped here and there

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dislikes on this story are over 10 k...

Keep adding to the dislikes people.

They need to fade into obscurity, shame their viewership.

Make the world see them like we see Sorcha Faal.

Destruction of the media giants is the next important task.

Burn them to the ground.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ANA NAVARRO just said after Donald Trump delivered a speech at the "Donator's Dinner" tonight, "If this is what the next four years will be like, it will feel like 8 years." She should go back to her native country.

The entire panel looks beaten down and depressed. Even Vann Jones is sullen..which is RARE.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If something were, God forbid, to happen tomorrow, the succession would be somewhat gray. But since both speaker of the House, and senate president pro tempore, will be/should be out of town, it'll be a moot point.

CNN should burn for this...to my mind they're all but calling for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

CNN leadership, paid anchors, and contributors have been attempting to activate a Trump assassination since November 18th!

This ATS thread describes how CNN showed the Reagan assassination attempt repeatedly, just 1 week after Donald Trump destroyed Hillary. Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think you can be pretty sure the Secret Service will be on the ball.

It's a concern, but not a great one, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonalno obama no say it would fall on trumps vp then his other cabinet members.
if the dems killed trump then tried these shenanigans there would at least be a several million man march on dc at worst an all out civil war.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I think you can be pretty sure the Secret Service will be on the ball.

It's a concern, but not a great one, IMHO.

I hope the Secret Service has learned how to spot DRONES. I remember the story 2 years ago about one that a concerned citizen purposefully directed to the White House, and landed it on the White House lawn.. undetected.

But what do you do if a little Drone IS spotted too close to the Inauguration crowd? The Secret Service can't shoot it down without hurting someone in the crowd, or street below.

How do you spot and defend against something the size of a loaf of bread in the sky?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Wait, Wait wait,

I get you are saying it's CNN and they wouldn't say that when Obama was sworn in BUT
are you telling me no one expected Obama to be killed on his day?
Because I'm 100% positive there are posts on this exact site saying as such.

I hate to say it but I expected it and was pleasently surprised he wasn't.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I would suspect that assuming drones are actually any sort of threat, that the thing can be jammed.

There are people whose sole function is to think about these things...and hopefully, they're doing their jobs.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Jammed. Fried.

There is a class of conspiracy theorists who fear all sorts of exotic weaponry. Thing is, it wouldn't take anything very exotic to ground a quadcopter.

So, the concern might be in frying an explosives laden quad in a crowd. That would imply an impact fusing system. Doable. But it would save the Prez, which is what the SS is supposed to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A slingshot and some "flack" (something like rubber bands, or anything that will foul the rotors) will bring a drone down.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

But what happens when you jam a drone? It falls onto what's beneath it.. right?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join