It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been a perfect movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Carriers. Imo set chris pine into what he became. Not widley known, but perfect in my eyes. I also love will smith in I am Legend.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There are many amazing films out there but if I have to choose one with the mood I'm in, I will go with this.

Great pace, great acting, great end.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You a reply to: Skeeball

I love SLC punk!

There's more?

Much more!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Akira
Ghost in the shell
Life of Brian

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Braveheart.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Brilliant list and fully agree with your pick.
The matrix was my first thought also. The effects were groundbreaking certainly (and stand up to scrutiny, by and large, all this time later- it came out in 1999!). The philosophy, the layers of meaning, the hidden stuff, the blending of a classic messiah story with eastern wisdom and religious themes as well as exploring man's relationship with technology, the wide-reaching effects on people's thought processes and view of the world (the fact that pretty much anyone you speak to would instinctively understand the concept of "living in a matrix), the cultural impact.. I can find almost no faults (apart from possibly the kiss-revival bit being a weensy bit cheesy). That said, my personal favourite film is 2001. I think that is just an exceptional piece of film making and it blew me away when i first watched it.

Thanks to the OP for bringing "the game" to my attention though, never seen it but I'll be sure to look it up after watching the trailer

Oh and to add: the pacing of 2001 i think actually contributes to it's greatness! It's absolutely essential to the atmosphere and the themes.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Troll2
aka
"The best, worst movie ever"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Princess Bride comes to mind.
Can't think of one thing wrong with it.

I'd say my favorite, Nightmare on Elm St.1 but for that hokey ending.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's a tough one because it is so subjective but for me it was Pulp Fiction.

For me it worked at a dialogue, cinematography, soundtrack, pacing, story line and style perspective.
Also at that point Tarantino and his style were relatively new. Oddly enough of his films Reservoir Dogs is my favorite though I think Pulp Fiction is a better overall quality film.

After that I think all the following come pretty close to perfect films for various reasons....

Godfather 1 and 2
Saving Private Ryan
Aliens
The Exorcist

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Original karate kid.
Godfather pt1.
original RoboCop.
Green mile.
Shawshank redemption.
Matrix.
Ong-Bak.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For me...

Titanic - great acting, costumes, set, effects, music, etc.
Princess Bride - comedy, action, adventure, best swordfight scene in movie history
The Matrix - (just the first one), just groundbreaking and cool
Force Awakens - All of the good parts of the first movies, with the action and effects of the new ones.
Airplane! - from the first frame to the last, just non-stop fun
Spaceballs - Same as Airplane...just great the whole way
Guardians of the Galaxy - never would have guessed it, but it was just perfection the whole way through.
Galaxy Quest - again, just perfection....

By perfect, I mean they really had no bad parts whatsoever.

Others come close...

Labyrinth - but you have to take out the Fire Gang number
Blazing Saddles - but the end scene in the studio lot...
The Neverending Story - except for the horse in the swamp
Independence Day - if not for the gaping plot holes...but best movie speech ever
edit on 8-2-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The Game is a favourite of mine. Basically any Michael Douglas film, I don't think I've seen him in a bad one. But I do live in hope that I'll see one of his where he's not chasing some skirt. Calm down, Michael.

What is it about the ending that people complain about? I recall him trying to cop off with the woman who had taken part in the game...a bit cheesy but that's old Mikey boy for you.

To answer the title question - no, there's always a flaw.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join