It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been a perfect movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Have you seen a film that you consider to be perfect?

My first choice is The Game (1997). A lot of people complain about the ending. I believe the ending doesn't make sense unless you take it as being symbolic.

www.youtube.com...

Another film that comes to mind is Nightmare Alley (1947). I think it's flawless no matter how you interpret it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I haven't seen either of those movies

I loved this one
Well chosen cast, not that it was a big cast of actors.

edit on 19-1-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder , in my eye this is as close to perfection as I've seen.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The first Matrix film.

An absolutely mind bending work, which did a perfect job of combining great action cinematography, with CG effects to produce a piece of art which both inspired awe at the spectacle represented on screen, as well as prompting movie goers to think differently about the world around them, the systems which exist in it, not to mention their place within the machine that is modern society.

Although the second and third films are, in my opinion, lesser creations because of their over use of CG effects, the fact that these effects were not as seamlessly blended with actual on camera action (the multiple Agent Smith fight being a prime example of going over the top in a way that prevents the suspension of disbelief) and so on, I am of the opinion that in terms of how well the first film realised the vision of the creators behind it, not to mention the impact on audiences and the stark beauty of the work, The Matrix is a perfect movie.

Of course, there are many other films that could also be considered perfect in many ways, The Silence of The Lambs, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, Erin Brockovitch, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Book of Eli, virtually anything by Alfred Hitchcock... The reason I picked The Matrix out of all the myriad potential contenders, is that it hit me like a freight carrier, leaving an impression upon me which is no shallower today, than it was when I first saw it on limited edition VHS.

Its also worth noting that there is probably no such thing as a perfect movie, because there will always be someone for whom a movie does not quite tick all the boxes. For example, I recongise that for some, The Matrix movie, for all that it is an action movie, is too quick, or in places too deep for some people. Not so for me. I also love 2001: A Space Odyssey, but recognise that for those not familiar with Arthur C. Clarke, the movie can sometimes drag, and some audiences would argue that its pacing lacks vim therefore. For me, and for totally different reasons than I would justify my love of The Matrix, I find its pacing to be perfect, because the kind of story being told is very different, and the work upon which Kubricks amazing masterpiece was based, is a science fiction feast of epic proportions, whose every morsel must be chewed slowly in order to get the best out of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I don't know about perfect
The original magnificent 7
The usual suspects
Casablanca
I can watch them over and over
Red cliffs from China
Mad max 1 and 2 seem timeless
And I would be remiss to not include Princess Bride

Perfect, pretty close

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
SLC Punk!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.

Paul Newman - Robert Redford - Burt Bacarach

Or ...

2001 a Space Odyssey.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Fury road is flawless

Witness me!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It's a Wonderful Life

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I've seen some movies I thought were just awesome ....and then several years later saw them again and thought they were cheesey . ....it's all personal perception .

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I love a wide variety of films and I'd say sci fi is my favorite genre that saying I love the film called legend of the fall with brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins for some reason,I've watched it a few times and never get bored of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would put up both Godfather I & II as, with the exception of one minor plotline, this is Mario Puzo's masterpiece of a novel done to perfection.

The other film is The Shawshank Redemption which is by far the best Stephen King adaptation ever on a author whose work is very difficult to translate successfully to film.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its funny how just like with all art how subjective this is.

For example, the other day my other half dragged me into the movie theatre to watch "La LA Land". Now no joke at the end of this movie there were tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face i just loved it, she turned to me and said "that was the most boring movie i have ever seen".

It was far from perfect, i do not believe any movie is perfect.

I do not think it matters if a movie is perfect, to me what makes a movie "perfect" is more to do with how it makes me feel.

Interesting thread dude.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yes, there is.
It is called
"A Bronx Tale"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Smokin' Aces !!!! Loved the Actors! Great story great action perfect ending!

2nd is Cloud Atlas. Need to watch it again cause its been awhile.

Then ofcourse The Matrix. We all took the red pill on ATS

Damn theres too many to list. Oke 1 more. Training Day!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Its pretty subjective but to me

The Shawshank Redemption

Forest Gump

are a couple of movies that are just all around great.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There's so many I like and everyone has their own idea of what a perfect movie is. That being said the one that I've heard most described as the 'perfect movie' is this:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't watch movies regularly but i can appreciate the positive things about them and remember them that way.

Avatar sure was perfect (for its time) in terms of CGI/Effects. I watched it low quality years ago and still looked beautiful.
Last Mad Max was pretty action packed from beginning to end and fun to watch. Bad Boys 2 is a pretty good action movie too.

scary movies: dont know except remember watching IT,Blair witch projec things like that when I was younger.

Emotional: Any Dog movie. Even though they may be predictable they still get you

edit on 19-1-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just disappointing,

you people have no taste

This movie is the greatest of all time

ninjasallthewaydown.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder that nobooy yet had

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>