It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Prime Minister Reveals Allegiance To EU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Indeed, unless an amicalbe divorce can be found both the EU and UK will suffer from the split - hopefully both sides will keep this in mind throughout the negotiations instead of trying to push nationalistic or party agenda onto the negotiating table. Both the EU and UK have a plan B if nicey-nicey approach fails but either plan B will cause massive suffering to the public on either side.

May be better suited to the other thread but I'm disturbed by Labour and probably Lib Dem announcing they may vote against Brexit in HoC - the referendum and it's outcome are done and dusted, while it may be a bitter pill to swallow for people like myself - it was a democratic vote. A Labour/Lib split seems to put Party values above the national interest and even as an avid lefty it seems an obvious hari kiri - hopefully both sides of the bench put aside petty squabling and pointscoring at PMQs, admit it happened and move on, as if the UK can't provide a united front, the EU will roll all over us.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I'm with you on that, and I hope each MP votes as their constituencies voted in the referendum.

Everything is negotiable though, even if Britain ends up with a special EU scheme with offer of work visas being easy where employers are struggling to fill vacancies. Perhaps a similar reciprocal thing for Brits, but ultimate control over immigration being the responsibility of UK/EU respectively.

I won't be able to go begging in the EU or they'll kick me out and vice versa.
I am optimistic a good deal will be reached for both parties, just gotta frame it right to allow the EU to save face in front of it's citizens.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
I think I'm probably one of the few people on this site who doesn't think he is more aware or better informed than the larger portion of the population. If you are referring to Farage, he's a rich boy that fed on people's fears. Trump didn't win the American popular vote, so actually you could argue I'm not the one who's being patronising in this discussion.

I think you have mistaken the gist of my post .... I was referring to all those

patronising people which probably includes yourself who think that the people

who voted for *Brexit* and those who voted for *Trump* are so stupid and

unaware of what they are doing.

BTW, Farage didn't force anything. Tory backbenchers may have, but not Farage. He loves getting the credit for anything though.

At the last general election David Cameron was more afraid of UKIP and Farage

than his own back bencher's.

HE knew he would not have got back in with a sufficient majority without

promising the referendum. And he was afraid of the inroads UKIP was making.

Cameron promised it only because he thought there wasn't a hope in hell of

Brexit happening.

At his peril he miss judged the majority of the people.

edit on 19-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
And Toyota has just announced that will have to have a close look at their UK holdings now we're Brexit as it's not looking bright for them.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Interesting you say that. Another poster on this thread referred to 'pro EU freaks', but you don't seem to think that is patronising?

You say Cameron was more afraid of Farage and UKIP than his own back benchers, but why do you think that? Farage isn't and never has been a UK government MP. He was the leader of a political party that once had two MP's and now has one. His political influence is nothing like you would like to think, but of course his popular influence was high with people who bought into has narrative. Having said that, Farage wasn't even involved with the Vote Leave campaign that included Johnson, Gove et al that probably did more damage (again, Cameron's own party) through their blatent lies.

Having said that, what's happened has happened. With both Trump and Brexit, we can only hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Can't even give me the respect of posting the specific link that refers to your claim?
...are you one of those "do your own 'research' types?"

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
www.ft.com...

I see why you didn't provide a link now, every story I've read seems confident on Toyota's part.
You just spun it in your typical pessimistic fashion. Post a link next time instead of your opinion presented as fact maybe?

edit on 21.1.2017 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand I do not know how to link anything up . But just for you put in The Daily Mirror Toyota and read what it says and it don't sound optimistic like you portray.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ah got ya, Daily Mirror is your trusted source then?
Okay.
I remain optimistic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join