It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM and Now possible Apple taking Trump seriously coming back to America !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think you misunderstood what I meant, or perhaps I didn't make it very clear. I wasn't trying to say that Pontiac was GM's only performance brand. When they got bailed out in 2008, they had to make a choice to drop some of their brands. The government wouldn't give them the money otherwise, and they actually wanted them to drop down to only Chevy and Cadillac. Pontiac was put on the chopping block because for years they hadn't made anything really remarkable, and wasn't profitable.

Right before they were dropped, they were trying to make Pontiac a performance-oriented brand, changing the lineup to have beefier engines and include more rear wheel drive cars. They were well on their way to that when they made the G6, G8, and GTO in their final years.

The fact is that now, without the Pontiac lineup, GM doesn't have much to offer to the performance niche. Sure, they have the Camaro and Corvette, and a couple years back the SS, but they're all still fairly pricey. They have no lower-end performance vehicles, like the G6. I drive a Chevy Sonic, but it's an economy car with bucket seats and a turbo. It's not fast, it just looks cool and gets good gas mileage. I'm not a big fan of the Camaro right now, but if they had Firebirds/Trans Ams, I'd be buying a brand new one this year. I know it would be the same engine as the Camaro and all, but Pontiac had a unique style. And I agree, they should take more styling cues from the 60's. The Challenger is awesome, it's just too bad it's a FIAT now.

Hopefully I cleared up what I meant by the performance niche. I meant what was offered today, not what has been in the past.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would love it if GM brought back Pontiac. I've been a fan of Pontiac's styling ever since I was a kid. The only problem is, right now SUV's and crossovers are hot, but cars aren't. They'll need to wait until consumer tastes shift back toward cars before a reborn Pontiac line could succeed.

They'll have less competition by then, because I expect that before long the Chrysler brand will be pretty much dead, and Fiat will have finally accepted that their crappy little cars just aren't wanted over here.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
WALMART JUST CAVED IN TO TRUMP WITH HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT THAT MADE 10,000 AMERICANS CHEER!

On Tuesday Walmart announced 23,000+ construction jobs and 10,800 new jobs total investment is around 6.8 billion. Amazing, no?
youtu.be...
Amazon also said an additional 100,000 new jobs

new topics

<< 1   >>

join