It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative students ARRESTED for handing out Constitutions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Currently, I would say they do. Historically? I honestly don't know, but I'm sure doing things that get you in trouble goes far back and beyond the U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow!! Low drama event. I guess the students were 'really' Conservatives after all.

I hope they crush that school completely out of existence when they get their day in court. Set an example for the rest of Murica to follow.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
What do republicans know about the constitution? Outside of the 2nd amendment, you guys really don't give a flying f regarding other aspects of the constitution.

I know that we have the 2nd Amendment in case the government forget the 1st Amendment.....questions?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What do republicans know about the constitution? Outside of the 2nd amendment, you guys really don't give a flying f regarding other aspects of the constitution.

That's actually a funny post, because if you changed the party to Democrat it would be just as true. Just shows that we really need to start voting in actual liberals and actual conservatives, not the progressive scumbags we've managed to fill our government with.

Thanks for that!

edit on 22Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:52:30 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-18T22:52:30-06:00pmWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Wow!! Low drama event. I guess the students were 'really' Conservatives after all.

I hope they crush that school completely out of existence when they get their day in court. Set an example for the rest of Murica to follow.

Or they could just take a page from the liberals and burn the place down then demand a better one while they rest in their safe spaces.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And yet different actions were taken by the school earlier it seems...

The lawsuit contends that the school allowed a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender, or LGBT, group to freely distribute literature in fall 2015. A representative of a political organization was allowed to gather petition signatures outside of the speech zone in the spring, the lawsuit said.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Sounds like a BS story

well in this day and age - you can always look it up for your self - we cant force you to be "educated"

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If their goal is as your quote outlines and cater to a "side," the I think it deserves plenty of attention and people, especially perspective students, should be aware of exactly what they are about.

It is a shame that American colleges are playing into political bias.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It is not unreasonable nor against free speech to not let students do whatever, whenever, wherever they want on campus. There was a similar situation a few years ago

Yeah why should they have any independence...
what you mean like Kent State University...where they used guns against students killing 4.

"mow anything that moves down!"
en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting the Cambodian Campaign, which President Richard Nixon announced during a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[9][10]

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Honestly it's time to stop pretending that there's no such thing as Conservative students and Conservative student groups and that they don't engage in agitation the same way Liberal students and groups do.

It is not unreasonable nor against free speech to not let students do whatever, whenever, wherever they want on campus. There was a similar situation a few years ago (and thread, iirc... posted by same member) and that lawsuit was thrown out. This lawsuit will be thrown out too.

This is a story completely devoid of context (namely the rules of the school) with the intention of painting Conservative students as victims of the Liberal academic system (it's not liberal, nor uniform).

Im so tired of the warped world view being shoved down Conservative throats. Venomous hatred of Liberals is allowing you all to be so easily manipulated.

Libs sucked in 67' and they suck now.

Wake up!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

It is not unreasonable nor against free speech to not let students do whatever, whenever, wherever they want on campus. There was a similar situation a few years ago

Yeah why should they have any independence...
what you mean like Kent State University...where they used guns against students killing 4.

"mow anything that moves down!"
en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting the Cambodian Campaign, which President Richard Nixon announced during a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[9][10]

Thanks to Bill Ayers and the SDS.

Obama's friend.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

We could ask Obama.

"Not a smidgeon of corruption" or "scandal-free presidency" and all that garbage.

He's lucky he stacked the supreme court in his favor before the Clintons had Scalia killed.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What a load of total bollocks this is.

They were arrested for trespassing.

"Constitution-free zone" my shiny rectum.

I will say this, however. At least there is SOME Trump supporters who recognize garbage news when they see it and maintain a modicum of logic to their thought processes. Shame that cannot be said for the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Those of you trying to rationalize this are sad. You think this happens to Liberal students? LGBT students? Yeah right.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Those of you trying to rationalize this are sad. You think this happens to Liberal students? LGBT students? Yeah right.

Yeah because Liberal students go around with a giant neon sign above their heads that says "I'm Liberal" so they can be distinguished from other students of different political persuasions.

What a load of trollop.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

i'm a republican, and i know something most people don't know or have forgotten.

the original bill of rights was a joint resolution passed by congress in 1789, it had 12 amendments, the first two were not ratified. thus the third became the first and on down the line.
off the top of my head i can't remember when the original first became a amendment, but the original second became the 27th amendment in 1992 just over two hundred years after being proposed.

if people would look into them for themselves , i would think it plain to see that from the very beginning, people that run for public office are nothing but crooks from the very start of this country.

i also know that even though the government says that income tax is constitutional, it was never legally / properly ratified.
and that alone should make it unconstitutional.

ETA: also during the Constitutional Convention,delegates shot down the Bill Of Rights in the first of version of the Constitution. it was only due to the first 11 states insistence that the bill of rights came into being. that's right only 11 of the 13 colonies were ratified the Constitution and were states.
edit on 19-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Fake news

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Makes you wonder what would have happened if they were burning Constitutions instead of giving them to people.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Fake news

Real lawsuit

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Kryties

Makes you wonder what would have happened if they were burning Constitutions instead of giving them to people.

I'd wager they'd still have gotten arrested for trespassing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join