It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centuries Old UFO Coin Remains A Mystery (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A Numismatic expert in Colorado Springs CO. has been attempting to identify a 17th century french coin, what makes it interesting to me is that it has a UFO prominently on the "face" of the coin and the inscription "Opportunus Adest" which translates as "It is here at an opportune time"

www.prweb.com
Colorado Springs, CO (PRWEB) January 28, 2005 -- After decades of seeking possible answers about a mysterious UFO-like design on a 17th century French copper coin, a prominent numismatic expert says it remains just that: an unidentified flying object. After a half-century of research, the design has defied positive identification by the numismatic community.

"Is it supposed to be a UFO of some sort, or a symbolic representation of the Biblical Ezekiel's wheel? After 50 years of searching, I've heard of only one other example of it, and nothing to explain the unusual design."

"The legend written in Latin around the rim is also mystifying. 'OPPORTUNUS ADEST' translates as 'It is here at an opportune time.' Is the object in the sky symbolic of needed rainfall, or a Biblical reference or visitors from beyond? We probably will never know for certain," said Bressett.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is kind of an interesting story to those of us who believe that extraterrestials have been visiting us for quite a while, although what we need to remember is what the U in UFO stands for "Unidentified"...if you click on the pic of the face of the coin, it shows a larger view that to me looks like the standard shape and markings of a saucer

join