It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screencapture/Video Capture Software for a Mac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi folks. I've come here before looking for News Aggregators because a lot of ATS members are much more tech savvy than myself, so I've returned with another question.

I want to find some type of software, preferably for my mac, that I can use for screencapture. I want to work on a personal editing project that requires me to use video from different sources, and combine them into one single string of clips.

I'm also wondering if there is a similar type of software that would let me cut/string together audio clips in a similar fashion.

As a bonus, if you have any suggestions on external hard drives I should get for my Mac, that would be helpful since video takes up a lot of space and this project will be the first of many.

I'm hoping someone out there can assist me or at least point me in the right direction. Thanks you in advance for your help!

Humbly & Thankfully, FamCore

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I use screenflow on my Mac.
Go to their website and download the app.
You need to go to the website each time to launch and use it but it's great.

Also, you can do this using QuickTime too.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Awesome, free too!? Can you send the link so I know I'm not on some scam/fake version? This is what I found: screenflow.en.softonic.com...
edit on 18-1-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
QuickTime has this feature built in. As long as you are not running snow leopard or lower. It's in the top menu choices. There's also a keystroke command for it I forget.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I've never sought out any 3rd party software for my MAC, it has had those capabilities since I bought it 4 years ago. Maybe just go to a MAC message board and ask how to do it. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Are you interested in editing clips from other sources, or capturing and editing clips?

iMovie allows robust editing once you import clips.

iShowU is screen capture software but I don't know anything about its editing capabilities.

After playing around with a Free Trail version, I purchased Snap Pro X (Ambrosia Software) and do both screen caps and video clips. The editing features are okay. A bit time consuming with the parsing and saving each as a separate clip then threading together, but it gets the job done and it met my beginner's learning curve. You can activate a screen cap or video/audio capture with a two key command.

new topics

top topics

join