It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hit by lightningstrike? France 2017

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
No it just travels round the outer skin and on down to ground, Exactly the same as a faraday cage. Theres loads of videos on youtube of planes getting hit.
Yes if the aircraft has metal skin, however there have been problems with lightning strikes on aircraft that use composites because it can affect the composites unlike the metal skin.

originally posted by: Jeroenske
The lightning looks like something done in after effects and the audio seems to have been added as well.
In particular i think the audio of the woman screaming "Oh my god" was taken from a 9/11 video ? I know i heard her before.
Also they appear to be native English speakers filming a ufo hit by lightning in France ? What are the odds of that ?
Yes there's every reason to be skeptical about the source of the video not being as claimed.

However I'm not sure if it's hoaxed footage or not. If it's real it looks to me like lightning struck the side of the mountain possibly hitting a tree which can make the tree explode and send smoking pieces of the tree out for some distance. You can see the aftermath of such a lightning strike in this video with pieces of the tree showing ashes that probably means they were smoking when exploded from the tree, and they will have odd shapes like these making them aerodynamically unstable perhaps like the object in the video.

So my best guess would be a large chunk of "shrapnel" from an exploded tree sort of like shown in this video:

Lightening Blasts Tree - Explosion hurls pieces hundreds of feet

Cloud to ground lightening releases around 1 billion joules of energy. This can heat the surrounding air to 20,000 degrees C and cause a high intensity pressure wave that travels for miles. The power output of a lightening bolt is equal to the peak power of the world's largest nuclear reactor.
During a lightning strike, 1 gigajoule can be sent through the trunk of a tree in a fraction of a second. This can cause a tree to explode as seen here. Chunks of the tree were hurled hundreds of feet away. Several chucks hit the ground with enough force to become deeply embedded or to make good-sized creators.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I edited my post and added a link to the original ? video from 2014. Much better quality.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The same YT video was already posted back in August 6, 2014:

UFO / OVNI CRASHED BY LIGHTNING STRIKE AUGUST 2014

Also, an Italian site says about this video in August 5, 2014 (so before the above was posted):

Il 2 agosto 2014 in Francia un fulmine avrebbe colpito un presunto Ufo facendolo precipitare nei pressi di una montagna.

That can be translated this way:

On August 2, 2014 in France, a lightning hit an alleged UFO making it fall near a mountain.

So the event likely happened on August 2, 2014.

At that time there was some comments on a French paranormal site (in French) saying that it happened in south France, in the "Hautes-Alpes" department near the Serre-Ponçon lake.

Some clues in the video (see below), allow me to, after some Google Earth search, to find the exact place where it was taken.

Here are the Google Earth views:

...with "pole 1", as seen from the road:

A little more before on this same road, we can see with Google Streetview that this is a perfect match with the video:

The road is forbidden to all vehicles, so I guess that those who took the video where English pedestrian tourists that let their own cars at the entrance. The white van that can be seen on the video could be that of the private property owner.

Now, about the lightning itself, there was a huge storm activity over France during the August 2, 2014 day, especially over the French Alps:

So this lightning is possibly a real one, and not produced by After effect or whatever.

About the "UFO", it could simply be some material (rocks, trees...) ejected by the lightning impact on the mountain.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Excellent research! I also believe this was a lightning strike to the side of the mountain, probably a tree. The tree probably exploded sending a smoking piece of debris into the valley.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

ahah! thanks! i knew that the object wasnst flying!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The temperature inside the channel of lightning reaches 30,000°C, and axial pressure can be as much as 1000 times the air pressure

So looking at the mountain behind filled with trees, it could also be the point of impact that could throw the branch from a tree the other way and then falls right?

But I'll hope it's a UFO and look at the speed it wants to leap off, eh I don't know those fuzzy videos always makes it difficult to say

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This was not a tree or hillside strike...
There is only evidence of airborne "smoke" there is no evidence from anything else on the ground being struck which would also be giving off "smoke"...
I am also saying the air is very still there... Because the air temperature is fairly cool due to it being winter and also because of the visual evidence of the smoke itself... Not being blown away or even being influenced by winds...
Had a strike occurred in a tree or on the hillside there would then also be smoke and or fire emanating from said location and it would be.. based on the conditions already mentioned... Be evident and be visualized as a vertical or billowing plume from the location of the strike...
Therefore whatever was struck and smoking was already in flight when struck...
Now look at the "smoke" its path is not impared or hidden by any other trees etc... The objects trajactory was never altered by impacting any other object...

edit on 19-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Lightning doesn't do that to airborne objects...this isn't a cartoon.

However, it does do it to trees:

edit on 19-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That is a very cool video. I agree with some others here.. it looks like it tried to regain altitude but failed and continued spiraling to the ground. We have no idea how UFO's work so how do we know lightning wouldn't have this effect on them? Very good research by elevenaugust though. As much as I want it to be a UFO I believe it must have been a tree and that would explain the smoke trail, although it still looks odd to me

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock
if it was filmed in france in january i'd guess every tree wouldn't be covered in rich green foliage.

And if it was 2017, I would expect it to have been recorded on video, not 8mm film.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: gavron
I have a huge issue with the thunderclap. For every 5 seconds, the lightning bolt is a mile away (many sources confirm that). That flash then boom was like what....1/5 second? No way that mountain is 1/5 a mile away.

If you read the thread someone said that if it's a mile or less away the sound would be instant, as opposed to their being a delay...

Ummm....not according to science. It takes about a second for sound to travel 1000 feet, hence appx 5 seconds for a mile.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
After looking at this several times, and digesting what others here have said, I am fifty-fifty on this.

One nagging question remains; why no ground fire? In trees, when limbs are blown off in my area, the limb smokes as it flies away and the rest off the tree stands there in mutilation with even a greater amount of smoke and usually flames. ( I live in a very forested area. )

Ground fires from tree strikes seem to be the result of the discharge going down the tree and therefore producing more heat due to the longer contact period.

I can't discern anything like that in this vidio, even though in my estimation there should be more smoke displayed statoinary than airborn..

VF

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

It doesn't matter how UFO's work, an object in flight isn't grounded. However, I would assume if a race of aliens can make it all the way here, they can probably deal with a lightning strike better than that...
edit on 23-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

I live in the south part of the year and we get tons of t-storms and I have had a dozen trees struck, I have seen it happen. The tree rarely catches first, but the blown off branches will have visible flames. It varies on what may happen, but the end result is the same, exploding tree.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: that1lurker

It doesn't matter how UFO's work, an object in flight isn't grounded. However, I would assume if a race of aliens can make it all the way here, they can probably deal with a lightning strike better than that...

Conversely, folks from below the earth's surface or inter-dimensional beings with air-borne toys may not be that advanced as one might want to think they are...just saying

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

not always if the aircraft's lighting arresters are in good shape and no bonding wires are damaged then yes it disipates the charge but on occasion it dont work the way its supposed to. i have seen aircraft with holes in the fuselage from a strike when i was in the Navy.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

I live in the south part of the year and we get tons of t-storms and I have had a dozen trees struck, I have seen it happen. The tree rarely catches first, but the blown off branches will have visible flames. It varies on what may happen, but the end result is the same, exploding tree.

True enough for the main body of the tree, but since here, in southern US, most strikes seem to go down the exterior of the tree, bark is also blown off, it burns with smokes just as the limb does.( Actually, it seems more smoke because on the ground pieces remain in one general area. )

Thanks to everyone here for such a nice thread. The election fever in places here is hard to stomach, and this is so nice!!

VF

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join