It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hit by lightningstrike? France 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

"On the 16th of January 2017 a UFO was hit by lightning during a heavy thunderstorm in France. In the video you can see the moment of the lightning strike impacting the UFO. After the impact the object stays on it's trajectory for some time untill the propulsion shuts down and the object falls to the ground.
I made a short analysis of the video showing that the object that was hit by the lightning strike could not be a bird since the object kept flying horizontally for some time."

I was thinking it could be a ball lightning? I have never seen one, but on the other hand, it looks like something physical got hit.

edit on 1/18/2017 by Blaine91555 because: Inserted tags required on all external content quoted on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It looks like voltage running down a power line.

Cool video no matter what it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow! What was that?

Very interesting video. I hope it is not fake.

You can see the lightning ⚡ strike something in the air and it starts falling to the ground with a trail of smoke behind it. The peoples reactions seem genuine too.

I hope the rest of ATS chimes in....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It appears something physical and flying airborn did get hit, otherwise it wouldn't be smoking after the lightning struck it. It's hard to see what the object is.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is funny in the video they ask "would a bird do this?"...

Lol, no, and a bird would not create huge trail of smoke either. Whatever it is I think it is safe to rule out birds as a possibility.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Didn't see a UFO before the lightning strike so I'm thinking whatever was struck on the mountain left the mountain.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Whatever it is I think it is safe to rule out birds as a possibility.

Unless it was a Pheonix.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Nice video!

About the propulsion going down..
If it had some speed then inertia would make it also follow its path for a few seconds.
So the "engines" could also be out at the moment of strike.

I guess no one went into the valley to check out if there is a crash site ?

link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Right, this is true, unless it was a phoenix.

edit on 18-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

link   

Is there any reason it can't be a drone?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Is there any reason it can't be a drone?

That seems plausible for sure.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting. UFO in the literal unidentified sense, don't know if there's anything otherworldly about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight
"On the 16th of January 2017 a UFO was hit by lightning during a heavy thunderstorm in France. In the video you can see the moment of the lightning strike impacting the UFO. After the impact the object stays on it's trajectory for some time untill the propulsion shuts down and the object falls to the ground.
I made a short analysis of the video showing that the object that was hit by the lightning strike could not be a bird since the object kept flying horizontally for some time."

I was thinking it could be a ball lightning? I have never seen one, but on the other hand, it looks like something physical got hit.

Well that was a cool video. Seemed genuine, though no way to make out what the lightning hit. I would think someone from that video would have called it in or gone to see whatever crashed as it obviously went down.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

France, yet everyone is speaking english? Where exactly was it taken? Why don't they give credit to the people who filmed it?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What was the time and location of this thunderstorm?

Most of France was under high pressure at the time and I am unaware of any thundery activity .... I am also curious about the lack of snow in what appears to be a mountainous region in mid winter during a spell of cold and snowy weather across most of Europe.

I very much doubt this footage - whatever it shows - was taken 2 days ago!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
By the look of the spiralling, it could well be a drone that got a hit.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lightning doesnt affect anything that gets hit in the air, It needs to go to ground to have any effect, Ordinary airplanes are hit daily with zero problems, Im not sure what happened in this video but a UFO or any metal object in the air would be unaffected.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla
I did not know this. Wouldn't the surface area of an airborne vehicle act as the ground?

www.scientificamerican.com...

In any case, this link contains some info and a really cool video of a plane being struck by lightning.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Lol, no, and a bird would not create huge trail of smoke either.

An bird on fire could.

Whatever it is I think it is safe to rule out birds as a possibility.

Right, it was just pining for the fjords.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: ColaTesla
I did not know this. Wouldn't the surface area of an airborne vehicle act as the ground?

www.scientificamerican.com...

In any case, this link contains some info and a really cool video of a plane being struck by lightning.

No it just travels round the outer skin and on down to ground, Exactly the same as a faraday cage. Theres loads of videos on youtube of planes getting hit.

Their pretty cool...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join