It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump already plotting 2020 re-election, new slogan: 'Keep America Great.'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Donald Trump and his aides have made no secret of the fact they are already looking toward a re-election bid in 2020.

Apparently, they even have a new slogan.

The New York businessman who won the presidency by campaigning on the mantra "Make America Great Again" says he plans to update that motto three years from now: "Keep America Great."

SOURCE

I think Trump has just outdone Obama in terms of ego. Trump apparently is taking it for granted that in less than four years he will have made America great again. How else can understand the following?

2016 slogan: "Make America Great Again"

2020 slogan (planned in 2017 before Trump has even been sworn in as POTUS): "Keep America Great."

Trump is apparently going to be a success no matter what he does. This could be worse than Obama getting a Noble Peace Prize just after assuming office. At least in that case Obama didn't give himself the award.

I find this news to be a little disconcerting. Is Trump really already counting himself a success as POTUS or is it all just slick marketing? I feel like neither answer is a good sign.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I've figured out Obama's slogan when he attempts his 2020 return:

"I, your messiah, have returned, bless me with your votes."

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Confidence is a virtue.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He really doesn't have to do much other then stop going in the direction that Obama was and he will see a second term imo

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He just doesn't want to stop Campaigning and drawing attention to himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

I think it's more that he understands something very well that you don't: Trump: The Art of the Deal. And that he's willing to use that and really try to Make America Great Again.

Here is Trump in action—how he runs his organization and how he runs his life—as he meets the people he needs to meet, chats with family and friends, clashes with enemies, and challenges conventional thinking. But even a maverick plays by rules, and Trump has formulated time-tested guidelines for success. He isolates the common elements in his greatest accomplishments; he shatters myths; he names names, spells out the zeros, and fully reveals the deal-maker’s art. And throughout, Trump talks—really talks—about how he does it. Trump: The Art of the Deal is an unguarded look at the mind of a brilliant entrepreneur—the ultimate read for anyone interested in the man behind the spotlight.

Praise for Trump: The Art of the Deal

“Trump makes one believe for a moment in the American dream again.”—The New York Times

“Donald Trump is a deal maker. He is a deal maker the way lions are carnivores and water is wet.”—Chicago Tribune

edit on 18-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well first, it's probably going to take the whole 4 years just to shovel out the crap piled up from Obama's mess.
Plus, It's a given, he will VERY VERY EASILY win a second term if the screaming meemies continue showing the voters their insanity

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Didn't the Right complain that Obama spent half his first term campaigning. I wonder if those same people will take issue with Trump spending his whole first term campaigning.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You do know,Obama cannot ever hold the office again right?

Just checking...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Confidence is a virtue.

Pride comes before a fall.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

There is a lot of truth to that. One thing Trump has had throughout this campaign is momentum. He is smart to keep that momentum going by keeping his propaganda machine spinning.

It's very similar to what Obama did. He ran on the idea of "hope and change" and then once in office he changed the slogan to "forward", in order to give the impression that things were changing in the right direction.

It's funny to think that the Right Wing fell for the "hope and change" tactic. Ironic to say the least.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Gag me.

Not looking forward to another year of him insulting and assassinating everyone's character.
Name calling and spreading lies.
But he's going to get thrown out before he gets another shot at it. So no worries.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Two ways to look at that phrase.

Lose your pride in yourself you fall.
Dont take pride in your actions you fail.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Confidence is a virtue.

There's an idiom that life certainly has proven to be largely false.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Obama has made it real easy for all future presidents. Just do the exact opposite of everything Obama has done and they will will always do very well for America.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Two ways to look at that phrase.

Lose your pride in yourself you fall.
Dont take pride in your actions you fail.

If you search for "Pride comes before a fall" on Google, you should get the following as the meaning:

"if you're too conceited or self-important, something will happen to make you look foolish"

I think the saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" is even more applicable here. That's definitely what Trump is doing.

originally posted by: Profusion

Confidence is a virtue.

There's an idiom that life certainly has proven to be largely false.

That saying comes from Proverbs 16:18:

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

In my experience that is almost always true. It frequently doesn't immediately, but in my experience it eventually does happen.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He should trademark this too.
Keep America Отлично

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yeah, well, eventually the grave gets us all so... pride?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Didn't the Right complain that Obama spent half his first term campaigning
I think it was more about golfing and vacationing that most were mentioning .

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Let's be fair they complained about everything Obama did. Of course Trump is already taking his first two days in office off and I'm being told that it's a good thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join