It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives another $500M to Green Climate Fund

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That's taxpayer money, folks. He did this just days before Donald Trump is to take office.

This may be something the Church of Climatology will praise, another huge donation to their coffers so they can spread their doctrines and and and ......do what?

Days before Trump takes office, Obama gives another $500 million to UN Green Climate Fund

Don't get me wrong. I am not one of those people that say climate change is one big lie. I am also a person that believes every single one of us on this planet should do their part to protect our environment, recycle, pass legislation to protect our water and air without overburdensome methods, and, in general, maintain common sense approaches as we all try to live together on this beautiful blue ball.

But, the more I read and research the United Nations and the groups that get together to form "initiatives", and set up "special" funds for green financing programs, the more I see potential for slush funds and money laundering ventures.

When you begin to examine the language used on these slick websites involving these ventures you read words like this:

raises charitable donations to invest in companies, leaders, and ideas

Now that sounds great, doesn't it, until you look at WHO these companies are, who their leaders are, and what they are doing with their "ideas".

Meantime, the UN and their various "green" partners hold meetings, summits, conferences at beautiful exotic places and talk and talk and talk. Then they come back and the big wheel of money-raising starts again.

Newsweek: UN’s ‘Green Climate Fund Must Fight Corruption Before It Can Beat Global Warming’

BTW, Barack Obama did not get authorization from Congress for this "gift", just as he didn't get their authorization when he sent Iran all that cash under the dark of night.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How do you feel about $600 billion in tax payer money being used on our military every year? $500 million isn't even a drop in the ocean compared to what we spend on military yet you have a problem with it. Why? It's for a good cause (at least on the surface).

I guarantee you our military does more harm behind the scenes than this $500 million could ever do yet people are still clamoring to put more money into our military. Insane.
edit on 1/18/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
How do you feel about $600 billion in tax payer money being used on our military every year? $500 million isn't even a drop in the ocean compared to what we spend on military yet you have a problem with it? Why? It's for a good cause (at least on the surface).

That's a good question. But, this topic is about corruption within the "green" industry, why Obama handed over this $500,000,000 gift now just days before he leaves, and the UN's constant begging for taxpayer money to do....what? Hold another conference in Rio or Cancun, distribute their Fund money to...who?....etc.

Military spending is a whole different topic.
edit on 18-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you for or against increasing military spending? If so, why are you for it but against this? My question isn't really about military spending, it's more about your (people in general) perception of how our taxes are spent.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Looks like he just funded someones campaignbudget with taxpayers money.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Are you for or against increasing military spending? If so, why are you for it but against this? My question isn't really about military spending, it's more about your (and people in general) perception of how our taxes are spent.

Are you for or against the money that was spent to defeat the Axis powers in WWII.
Not all money spent militarily is a waste... IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't have an opinion on WW2 because I wasn't there when it happened, I'm more interested in what's going on today as opposed to 70 years ago.

We spend more on military than the next 7 countries behind us combined and all of those countries are our allies. Why are we spending so much on military when we don't have any enemies that come even remotely close to us in that regard?

Not everything is a waste but I'm willing to bet a good majority is when it comes to our military budget.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

But, the more I read and research the United Nations and the groups that get together to form "initiatives", and set up "special" funds for green financing programs, the more I see potential for slush funds and money laundering ventures.

So, deny funding and prevent them from doing anything?

How often does "news" report on the positive doings of anything?

It's almost always negative about something being wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

This topic is not about military spending vs. anything else.

But, just to clarify, If Obama took $1.7 billion dollars in cash, laundered it through a Swiss bank, loaded it on cargo planes in the dark of night, and gave it to a known terrorist country, and if he took $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and handed it over to a foreign entity for an unknown military investment without congressional authorization or knowledge, I would have questions.

But, again....that is not what this topic is about.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

My question is in regards to how we spend our tax dollars, it is very much on topic. You are avoiding the question and I can only guess that is because you are FOR increasing our military spending. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I may very well be wrong.

This topic is about how we spend our tax dollars isn't it? I think my question is fair and on topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sounds like his golden parachute.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We would be better off saving and stashing this huge sum of money, and use it as a heat source instead for during the time the grand solar minimum really starts to kick in.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Looks like he just funded someones campaignbudget with taxpayers money.

Bingo!

If we have learned anything after this year, we have learned how so-called charitable organizations, Big Government programs, UN "anything", take money from taxpayers in the name of some do-good venture, and use it for....what?....money-laundering? corrupt business ventures? pay-to-play shenanigans? and lining pockets of 401(c)'s and 501(c)'s and NGOs? They do just enough to keep the game going.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They don`t get to keep that money they are just holding it for Obama until he is out of the whitehouse then he will get it back as part of his severance package.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would bet that this green climate fund's executives will somehow line their pockets and pockets of their friends with this money. I would demand accountability of every expenditure before handing a half a billion dollars to some group. I feel that this is just a big possible scam to support some rich prestigious people. They will make it look like they are doing something when in fact all they are doing is creating a few regulations and taking in money to finance their lavish lifestyle.

To stop the destruction of our environment we need to build things to last a lot longer, remaking things is hard on the environment. Our countries emmission control regulations are such a scam in the way they are figured out. Other countries cars get so much better gas mileage, double in fact, and they would never pass our emission tests because of the way we collect the evidence. If you burn less gas to go from point a to point b, less carbon is released. You could cut the total fuel gallons used in this country in half. Now using half the gas means that you have less fossil fuels used and less carbon.impact. Also less profit and jobs in that industry. Corn gas is a joke.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Barack is a bad person. Everything he does is evil. He wants America sunk, and he has been wasting money to beat the band.
Only an old foolish woman would see good in this waste of money. You see he is not spending it on feeding the poor, housing the homeless, or seeing to the needs of our veterans. He has a motive. He wants to be in charge of the UN

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So as far as your concerned this is justified?,just another example of this Admin taking advantage of tax payers,he is trying to bankrupt the US

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Obama gave away this money just in time for when the New Executive Director, Howard Bamsey, takes office at the Green Climate Fund.

Hmmm....

Just some food for thought:

For some, another contentious issue is that the GCF is flowing its money mainly through international organizations, such as multilateral or private banks such as the World Bank and Deutsche Bank — rather than sending it directly to institutions in developing countries where the projects are taking place.

Nor is the GCF transparent about its processes, Rodríguez Osuna adds. “The fund has no information disclosure policy and no accountability mechanism, yet the board is approving project proposals,” she says.

Green Climate Fund faces slew of criticism

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I never said it was justified and I have no reason to do so, I just find it funny that something like this is opposed while hundreds of billions being spent on war and destruction is justified.

To think that people get their panties in a wad over $500 million when they support expanding an already bloated $600 billion military budget is stupidifying to me. If you want to find the biggest source of debt in our country then look no further than the MIC.

The MIC's annual budget is 1,200x the size of this 'deal' (which is only a one time thing as opposed to yearly) yet people are complaining about this while giving the MIC a pass and asking MORE be given to them. How does that make any sense?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

First of all this is American tax dollars, going outside of the US, you are trying to compare apples and oranges in your rant.

Military hires Americans the Green Climate fund is foreign backing by privateers.

Behind this so call agency on clima is nothing but privateers looking to get a piece of money from the forced generosity of the US hard working tax payer.

This is waste and abuse of Americans tax dollars plain and simple.

Obama is stealing working Americans taxes to pay privateers oversea.

Payoff time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join