It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Instead we have to accept them and see what they offer when in job

We have to pass it to know what's in it.

Glad someone got that reference.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Lol, I have my moments.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

I have, yes. I started working for a firm a few years back and had a trip booked the first 3 days I was due to work, so my first 3 days wages were holiday pay.

That being said, I figured Trump would be straight to work, but not on inauguration day, with all the pomp and ceremony that day, I can't see how he'd have time to start work. I expected him to start working for real on Saturday...

But he's saying he won't start until Monday.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Remember during the campaign when Trump said he was going to make sweeping changes starting on January 20th? Yeah. Apparently that's not happening.

Good Grief... Hillary lost, get over it...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And if she won she would celebrate till Monday too.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think the country will survive a couple of days without Donny.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Only cause he was too much of a numbskull to realize that he might be too busy dealing with post inauguration # to get started right away on the meat and potatoes of the presidency.

If I word it that way does it work for you?

edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't care how you word it, "post-inauguration #" is SUPPOSED to be below the pay grade of the President. But with Trump who knows what that even entails? He clearly likes sucking up to crowds and campaigning more than doing day-to-day leading. Plus we already know that Trump has weird fascinations for little details that are below his planning level for an event.

He certainly won't be hungover since he doesn't drink alcohol. Personally, I think he should take another bump of his 3 AM tweeting powder and get rolling.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What are you talking about? EVERY president has had various forms of post inauguration stuff since the beginning. It varies some from president to president but ALL have it. What world are you living in where this is abnormal in any way?

It appears if you became president you'd be just as blindsided by these expectations as he apparently was, since you live in some alternate reality where Presidents get straight to the heavy stuff the day after. You're making the exact same mistaken assumptions he did when he made such an absurd statement in the first place.

Addendum: Instead of trying to make him out as a liar, you should all instead be making him out as ignorant of the demands of his position since he was too ignorant to realize his first few days might already be taken up by the expected social engagements. In fact I think he's played you all again. By saying he's not working, you all are going nuts about that. Which in the end will prove an absurd thing to be, because he's still filling presidential expectations. He's just trolled you all again. Cause you all are going nuts over something totally normal. You've all been baited into the wrong narrative. Instead of pointing out his ignorance, you're all highlighting yours. Which ironically is the same ignorance he displayed by making the original statement in the first place.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
He doesn't even sound remotely coherent. No wonder the alt right ATS conspiracy theorist loves him.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
He doesn't even sound remotely coherent. No wonder the alt right ATS conspiracy theorist loves him.

Haha, shouldn't you be focusing your attention on helping the Democrats find someone who can win without cheating?

Last I checked Donald is going to be president thanks to the DNC and CNN propping him up so Hillary could beat him.

Guess he doesn't have much to worry about if the left stays but hurt they helped him win.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How is it wrong to call out a politician for going back on his own words? Not to mention, turnabout's fair play. The right wing complained for years about Pres Obama taking days off, even though he took off less than half as many days as his predecessor, Dubya Bush. (from here)

He told us via email that Obama has been on 28 vacations (including long weekends) spanning all or part of 217 days. The president has just over four months left in his term.

His predecessor, Bush, made 77 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 490 days. There were also 11 visits to his parent's home in Kennebunkport, Maine, spanning all or part of 43 days. Total: 533.

Now the new President will intentionally take off the first 2 days of his term and it's ok again?

ETA: Though I have to add, I hope he takes off as many days as possible. In fact, I hope his entire administration takes off a record number of days. The fewer days they're doing work, the fewer opportunities they have to implement the policies that I'm against.
edit on 18-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This may be the first time in US history the president takes a vacation as soon as he swears in.

MAGA lol

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Too bad, deal with it. I bet he doesn't play golf as much as your hero Obama did.

I also bet he doesn't take a 1/4 of the vacations that your hero Obama did on our dime. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Because Cheetoh Jesus said so? Should we all just accept his choices with an "Amen."?

No!

We should not!

We should accept them as his choices, based on his success in hiring the right people for the job, but we should never just sit on our haunches and accept anything. If any of his cabinet picks fail to get the job done... that job being to improve their departments for the overall good of the country and its citizens... we need to be ready to shift gears and scream to high heaven.

The problem is, we can't do that effectively if we have been screaming to high heaven over fluff. Screaming only works because it is different than not screaming. If the population is used to screaming, they'll ignore it.

That is the danger. That is the problem. Not the cabinet picks before they take office, but that those of us who will hold Trump to accountability will not be heard over the constant mudslinging over useless junk.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't believe you. I just see someone mad that we are being critical of Trump again and trying to casually dismiss the points because of dumb (and unrelated) reasons.

Show me a Trump supporter actually being critical of something Trump does and maybe I'll start rebuilding my trust there. Until then, Trump deserves all the criticism he gets.

Maybe Trump should do something to be critical of?

He's signing some EO's on Friday and 200 on monday, he is attending 3 inaugural balls over the weekend and a parade.

Obama had 12 and 6 parades.

Don't forget Trump had rallies and functions at the rate of 2-3-4 a day for months on end and he tweets in the middle of the night.

The weekend is for his normal people that had to keep up with him.
lol. I wonder how many pilots he has?

Just hope the house, senate and govt agencies like their new working hours.

Like my first job interview here in HK, the dude said, "well, you have mondays off!" Wut?

I know you and others are just trying to push buttons.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

"I know more about ISIS than the generals do."

^^^ STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID! I started breaking out in a rash.

TheRedneck

He was talking about Obama's hand picked generals.

Not the real ones.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
The difference between obama and trump considering days off is trump is only taking a dollar per year to be president where obama made 400,000 per year as president. Lol ots not costing you jack squat for him to take time off.

And he saved us a billion bucks on AF1 and 2.

So.........

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well one of his courses is only about 30 minutes away. So let's wait to see what he actually does with his days off.

Who makes his schedule?

Do they pin it up on the cork board in the hall or just use the cute magnets on the refrigerator?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Still a stoopid statement...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join