It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Cute. The thing is we already know what a lot of these people bring to the table. Take DeVeos for example. Her track record when it comes to education is abysmal. And yet she's going to be Secretary of Education. Of course I'm sure that has nothing to do with the substantial amount of money she contributed to Trump's campaign.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I wonder if anyone told him that being President is 24/7.

well at least didn't say he's hitting the golf course.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well one of his courses is only about 30 minutes away. So let's wait to see what he actually does with his days off.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Now there's something we CAN agree on.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If his first day on the job isn't going to be until Monday, who fills the role over the weekend?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Me thinks you're being a tad over literal and semantically nit picky.

edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Me thinks you're being a tad over literal and semantically nit picky.

Of course I am.

Trump understands the job and is not stupid, but it's fun to nit-pick the dumb things he says.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
wow...
monday huh..
oh the humanity...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That I'll give you. Making fun of a president's verbal foibles is a time honored tradition.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If his first day on the job isn't going to be until Monday, who fills the role over the weekend?

Kanye West will serve as a honorary president till Monday to improve relations with the left.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That I'll give you. Making fun of a president's verbal foibles is a time honored tradition.

Yea we'll never see gold like Bush Jr.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kanye West will serve as a honorary president till Monday to improve relations with the left.

Kanye is a douche. I'd rather see Jack Black fill in. At least he can actually sing.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Didn't Obama set records for days off though?

No.
What facts do you have to back up that claim? Or you do not need facts....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Why have him just fill in? Let's keep him for the whole presidency. Would be hilarious. Jack Black for president!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You do know what a question mark is, yes? You'll note I didn't argue it when corrected a few posts down. I only asked cause kept seeing the golf course meme all over the place. Once corrected didn't really refute it. I'm not surprised in the least about Bush. The guy was a douche.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

I have, yes. I started working for a firm a few years back and had a trip booked the first 3 days I was due to work, so my first 3 days wages were holiday pay.

That being said, I figured Trump would be straight to work, but not on inauguration day, with all the pomp and ceremony that day, I can't see how he'd have time to start work. I expected him to start working for real on Saturday...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

There's balls, parades, open house greetings and other # the first few days after the inauguration too. Honestly I'm guessing Trump found out they were more involved than he expected them to be.

The guy was a bit of a dunce for thinking he could jump right in immediately to be completely honest. Too much pomp and circumstance to deal with the first few days.

There's also some other such things scattered about the beginning few weeks of the presidency as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Why have him just fill in? Let's keep him for the whole presidency. Would be hilarious. Jack Black for president!

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kanye is a douche. I'd rather see Jack Black fill in. At least he can actually sing.

Only if he's still in character from the movie Bernie.

Look on the bright side though, most bad things happen with a sitting president. A few days off and we're safe! Haha

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Although I must admit I might feel a bit conflicted with how to feel if he follows up a nuke with a "Skadoosh."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join