It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

DAMN right...kaklatch!
THIS crap is OVER.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Seeing the other thread they were bitching about him doing that too. No matter what he does it's bad, period end of story. Hell even when he helped in Louisiana it was bad.

This is the point I keep making. When everything including the objectively good is demonized, and whether he does or does not do something is bad either way, then one's words lose merit. Which is regrettable as there may come a time where there actually is a wolf and no one will listen or care til it's too late.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If it makes you feel any better, I will be watching Trump like a hawk. I like him so far, but even Hitler had the support of the people at first.

I hope you will join me in keeping him honest. That would be two voices instead of one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I hope you will join me in keeping him honest. That would be two voices instead of one.

I personally think you're fighting an uphill battle, but good luck anyway

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Feel free to join in as well. As long as we can be objective, party leanings are irrelevant.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kryties

For someone who talks a lot of crap about bullies and being above all of this mud throwing you sure spend a lot of time in the pit.

Hypocrite.

What mud have I thrown except facts?

Go tweet about it to your Snowflake-in-Chief. I'm sure he'll respond promptly.

The ignorance of this post is sig-worthy.

Keep it up!

link   

I just want a chance to see what he actually does as President for a bit first before hanging him, lol. I mean he's been convicted and hasn't even been in office yet. If they had their way he'd be impeached mid inauguration.

I was pro-Obama and I eventually realized the error of my ways before his first term was up and I didn't even vote for Trump so I doubt it'll be any different if he screws up. I just want to give him a chance first before I actually decide who he is as a President.

I give every President one mostly free year to adjust, adapt, and get started, as well as give them a buffer from being blamed for the previous administrations screw ups.

Is actually one of the major worries I have with Trump, he seems to be planning to dash into the presidency full throttle. That might make giving him that year a bit harder cause might be making sweeping changes before I'm normally ready.

Is actually why this statement alleviates at least a little of that worry. I would much rather him do such things when he can give them his undivided attention, not while doing the elbow rubbing and baby kissing part of the presidency. Too much Multitasking is bad when important decisions are involved.

link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Besides only so many ways to word something in the English language. Just because what I say may be similar means not a thing. Correlation does not equal causation.

Two different people can make similar observations. At best all that does is add support for it.

I see it more as filling a presumed narrative. When it comes to anything Trump, talk is cheap. I'll be more ready to believe you here if I saw you actually being critical of Trump recently. Too often I see people use the "media is piling on" excuse to avoid discussing serious concerns about Trump. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I should trust you or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

How about giving him a chance to actually DO something first? He hasn't even started his presidency yet.

When I start seeing some of the results of his choices and decisions then we can talk.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I agree completely!

Trump is probably the most driven figure we have had in politics for some time, so I understand your concern. I kinda share it. I only hope that you (we) are right in that his drive to succeed is based on success in actually making America stronger, fairer, and more prosperous. If that is his goal, I have no doubt it will happen.

We'll know soon.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

How about giving him a chance to actually DO something first? He hasn't even started his presidency yet.

Picking his cabinet isn't "doing something" in your book?

When I start seeing some of the results of his choices and decisions then we can talk.

When you campaign that your rival is no good because of connections to Goldman Sachs then you appoint the damn CEO to GS as one of your cabinet members you don't think that requires a bit of questioning?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There was anarticle this morning saying he's got four or five eecutive orders ready to go on Friday.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Has the cabinet actually had time to do anything to prove whether or not his choices were good ones or not? I admit to being skeptical on many, but until they actually PROVE to be screwing up at the jobs they've been assigned I'm not ready to hang him for it.

Addendum: And yes the Goldman Sachs things is questionable. Though, keep your friends close keep your enemies closer comes to mind. Is not like everyone in his cabinet have been super pro Trump.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'd rather get ahead of the problem before they fleece the public and stiff the taxpayers with the bill thankyouverymuch.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There was anarticle this morning saying he's got four or five eecutive orders ready to go on Friday.

So EO's aren't bad now?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

When you campaign that your rival is no good because of connections to Goldman Sachs then you appoint the damn CEO to GS as one of your cabinet members you don't think that requires a bit of questioning?

Successful people set goals based based on what their present definition of success is. As a CEO, that was obviously to increase the profitability of the company. As a cabinet member, it should be to improve effectiveness/efficiency of their department to meet the nation's goals (as defined by the President and the Constitution).

Success does not necessarily mean profit. Success is achieving goals.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You mean like every other administration?

I admit I have my doubts and worries. But this is all different than normal, so, eh giving it a chance. I already know what the status quo results in.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Let's hope you're right. If that is the case could turn out to be a very good choice.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ok. That's a fair point, but couldn't Trump have picked ANYONE other than the CEO of Goldman Sachs? Not only is it a slap in the face of all that his decent and ethical, but it contradicts his rhetoric during the campaign.

Besides, I hate how we are supposed to just roll over and accept the adjective "successful" because they are wealthy. The whole point of Trump's appeal was taking money out of politics and now suddenly this money in politics is supposed to be trustworthy. Why? Because Cheetoh Jesus said so? Should we all just accept his choices with an "Amen."?

It's baffling to me why conservatives and Trump supporters are so desperately trying to avoid vetting questions about Trump's cabinet picks. Instead we have to accept them and see what they offer when in job (despite the fact their histories are all public record).

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Instead we have to accept them and see what they offer when in job

We have to pass it to know what's in it.

edit on 18-1-2017 by thesaneone because: More accurate quote

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join