It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I hate this narrative. I truly do. Because it makes it seem like Trump doesn't bring all this negative press onto himself. The media is ALWAYS critical of people in our government like this. The press ALWAYS piles on. It's their job to be skeptical and critical of everything he does. Where were you when the right wing media piled on daily on Obama's actions? On top of this, Trump takes it to a new level with his attitudes and actions. The media can't help BUT report on it (there certainly isn't much substance to report on since Trump's policy positions are vague and constantly changing).

It Trump cared about being Presidential and cared about getting the media off of his back, then he needs to change the way he talks and acts. It's just that simple. This article explains it perfectly. Retweeting Donald Trump. Instead of holding Trump accountable for the diarrhea that falls out of his mouth on a near daily basis, you are blaming the media for doing its job that it has always done.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"I know more about ISIS than the generals do."

^^^ STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID! I started breaking out in a rash.

TheRedneck

That's a good start.

I like you Redneck, even though we are pretty much in disagreement on everything.
You're a straight shooter.

But you have to admit, on these boards at least...
When Trump said he knew more than the Generals, he was praised.
Not lambasted.

So one of you saying that is not concensus.

I agree with Krazy, I had no dog in the fight...
Trump or Hillary I couldn't care less...

But it seems whenever someone is critical of Trump it usually always has to go into the Mudpit because his supporters do not debate, they attack the source and the messenger...

So what's the point in those who didn't support him holding out an olive branch to the ones who will spend the next 4 to 8 years trying to demean every critical thought about Trump?

I don't see the point.
Divisiveness is the way now.

Even NetworkDude who I love thoroughly on here and respect 100% has said in this thread "Liberal tears" are a good thing!

I don't see any side choosing to be the bigger man here.

On topic, I don't really care if Trump takes a couple of days off.
He's not in charge anyways. As much as people believe he is and will be.

The masters are unknown.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The difference between obama and trump considering days off is trump is only taking a dollar per year to be president where obama made 400,000 per year as president. Lol ots not costing you jack squat for him to take time off.

link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

How can they be if you all treat everything he ever does, or make up # he never did, or twist anything he says into meaning something it doesn't? How about backing off a bit with all the bull# so everyone isn't in a constant state of defense against lies and mischaracterizations to actually be able start making decisions and observations of their own?

This is the problem with partisan media, everything is framed in the worst possible way with you all jumping immediately to tell people how to think in the most aggressive way possible. That will never do anything but put people on the defense, especially when mischaracterization, lies, omissions and half truths have come from the same sources yelling at them and telling them what to think.

You want people to be critical of Trump, give them unbiased news sources with just the facts so they can put together the evidence themselves and come to their own conclusions.

Unbiased news? So Breitbart then? Fox News? I'm sure their coverage is TOTALLY legit and honest.

link   

Reporting on and being critical of does not equal lying about, omitting facts, blatant mischaractization, protecting his opposition, helping his opposition, misrepresenting his words etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It actually scares me. I plan on holding Trump's feet to the fire like I have every other President. It's going to be hard to do with all the hysteria going on.

Republicans = Democrats = establishment = bad for the people. My whole thing with Trump is how badly both sides hate him.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend... if I watch his butt close enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Never said those news sources were unbiased. I certainly don't go to them. We don't have any unbiased news. Hell we don't have anyone even somewhat attempting it.

I'm very anti-media, all media NONE of them are doing their jobs on either side of the aisle and both deserve a smack in the face and the boot.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

President-elect Donald Trump said the first order he’ll sign as president will be to create “strong borders.”

It’s something he’s said before, but the promise gained attention Monday evening, after that portion of his Times of London interview was highlighted on social media because it included his definition of “day one.”

“…[D]ay one – which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right? I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration,” Trump said, according to a transcript of the interview.
Trump will be inaugurated on Friday and is expected to attend celebrations that night.

Source

Remember during the campaign when Trump said he was going to make sweeping changes starting on January 20th? Yeah. Apparently that's not happening. Instead Trump will be taking a break after his inauguration. Seriously, he needs to take a weekend off before he even starts his new job. I wonder if anyone told him that being President is 24/7.

If you have a chance to read the full transcript of the interview I highly suggest it. It's a completely rambling, incoherent, mess.
ha 24/7, that's a good one, that's good. Work, vacation, who can tell the difference??

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: chiefsmom

Considering the Right flipped their s*** anytime Obama took a day off I'd say criticizing Trump over the same thing is warranted. Hell, he's the one that said he would be in the office and working on January 20th. So why is it okay to criticize Obama for taking a day off but it's not okay to criticize Trump for the same thing when he doesn't even technically have the job yet?

Don't you know how it works? If it's a democrat it's everything he does is wrong, if it's a republican, "how dare you question the President in time of war? Why do you hate America?". Hypocrites. And btw George bush took more vacation than any president in history.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Reporting on and being critical of does not equal lying about, omitting facts, blatant mischaractization, protecting his opposition, helping his opposition, misrepresenting his words etc.

The fact that you don't even consider that some of those adjectives and descriptions are hyperbole and exaggerations from the Trump team's camp (being that they largely came from Trump himself or pro-Trump media and all) is just SO telling of what I'm talking about right now.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Never said those news sources were unbiased. I certainly don't go to them. We don't have any unbiased news. Hell we don't have anyone even somewhat attempting it.

I'm very anti-media, all media NONE of them are doing their jobs on either side of the aisle and both deserve a smack in the face and the boot.

Yet you are feeding me the conservative news narrative about Trump word-for-word.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Let's see if he actually holds to that promise. So far he doesn't exactly have a strong track record when it comes to sticking to his word. Take the topic of this thread for example. Even if he does take his Presidential salary we won't know until his tax return gets released next year. By then most won't remember/care.

link   
In case any of you are just sitting here refreshing this thread over and over again, there's a new thread about how Trump is taking multiple executive actions Friday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Less than six threads apart on the New Threads page there's one thread saying Trump is taking the weekend off and not doing anything till Monday and another thread saying he's taking action immediately. ATS is truly amazing some times

link   

I wonder if anyone told him that being President is 24/7.

Even the Lord, thy God, rested on the Seventh Day.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, thank you!

I agree, it's not just one side... but that started 8 years ago. I have had plenty of concerns about Obama and they all went unheeded... at least, until some tried to brand me as "racist" for my disagreements. I shut up at that point, and I am sure many others did too.

Now the situation has reversed, and the same people who refused to hear me are demanding (sometimes violently) to be heard. Hypocrisy?

To be sure, it was building before that even, but it's going to take both sides dropping their rhetoric before it gets better. A cease-fire only works if both opponents agree to it. I'm personally not interested in whether they do or not; I will continue to call it as I see it. I can just understand why people act like they do. I also think both sides are childish and self-defeating.

I changed the way some of the world thinks about the term "redneck" by standing up for my beliefs regardless of public opinion. I started in the 1970s; I predate Jeff Foxworthy on that. I will do the same now on this issue. Hopefully, more will follow.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So then you have no problem with Trump taking off at least 1/7 of his term(s)? That means in one term he'll have taken as many days off as Obama did in two.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's the thing. He hasn't gotten to Saturday January 21st yet. When it's Monday the 23rd, we can all see what Trump did over the weekend. As even the liberal haters in this thread have said, POTUS is a 24/7-365 job. So if he does nothing over the weekend, then he will be guilty of taking a couple days off. Not sure what the punishment is for that, but we can investigate that at that time.

Obama will do something really bad next week on Thursday, so we should start ragging on him now, K?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
The difference between obama and trump considering days off is trump is only taking a dollar per year to be president where obama made 400,000 per year as president. Lol ots not costing you jack squat for him to take time off.

Actually it costs taxpayers plenty for their vacations. I'll link an example from an Obama vacation. Not trying to pick on Obama, but was easy to find since he is the current president.

The exact number for the 2015 holiday trip rang in at $4,823,206.88, which accounted for a robust U.S. Secret Service apparatus, flights and transportation and lodging for the security officials. That number does not include the costs for prepositioning aircraft and ships in the area or much of the necessary communications to protect the president and his family.

The Blaze

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I've been here throughout the election.

I started anti-both parties, pro-Third Party, then decided to give Bernie a chance, then Hillary got selected and was Anti-Hillary but once again pro-third party.

Ended up having to defend Trump on several occasions because it was the only way to counter some of the media bias in defense of Hillary, but never considered for a second Trump was actually what he was being billed as.

Assumed him just a narcissist out for his own ends (still think he is, but am now open to idea those ends may be a legacy as a great president that accomplished a lot)

I didn't believe in Trump, I instead voted Green Party sticking closer to my convictions. No way I could vote for Hillary.

As time moves on, I move more and more into Trumps camp. As I in the course of my work go from client to client, seeing different news stations, etc, and come on the net and see things exactly as I described.

These are my observations and my opinion after following this election more closely than I have any other.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

So then you have no problem with Trump taking off at least 1/7 of his term(s)? That means in one term he'll have taken as many days off as Obama did in two.

I care only about results. If Trump accomplishes his stated platform goals working 1 day per week, economic national protectionist policies enacted, the Wall is built, jobs, infrastructure investment, Obamacare dismantled, taxes slashed, America great again, then he will have already kicked the ass of his predecessors. Work smart, not hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join