It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How is it a break? You think he'll be at home lounging around by himself drinking daiquiris? I'm pretty sure the celebrations will continue over the weekend in various forms from inaugural balls to possibly parades and who knows what else over the next few days after the inauguration itself. Same as Obama. This is part of the job, same part Obama was involved in.

Once again, got a problem with traditional expectations and requirements take it up with that.

All Trump has said was that, he's going to start Monday so that it's not all mixed up with the celebratory expectations. Which is a good thing. Unless you would prefer him doing that stuff during the celebration?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Obama never had a glass of wine with dinner? Never toasted someone with a glass of bubbly?

Never knew that...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

LOL Krazy, I don't always agree with you, but I like you!

And I know dang well that your smarter than that. You do not honestly believe he wouldn't respond.
I know you don't like him, and I sure am not going to change your mind. And that is ok.
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure about him either.

But I am going to wait. And see. And then judge.

And if he destroys us worse than Obama, I will buy you a (beverage) and admit I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Here's a good way to deal with this. After 4 years, we can look at how many days Trump worked as opposed to Obama, and see if he held up his end.

I may be a little petty, but since he has been pretty busy doing presidential stuff for a while now, I just don't think taking the weekend off just after inauguration is a horrible thing. But as long as you liberals have something to fuel them tears, all is right with the world.

link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The inauguration is tradition. Celebrating all weekend isn't the tradition. So, yes I expect him to get to work once the inauguration ends.

If Trump truly cared about and was gung-ho about changing the system he wouldn't be waiting two days to start. Even two days lost is a LOT of time that could have been spent implementing or crafting policy. And Obama understood this. That's why he didn't take a weekend off after his inauguration (even though you are bizarrely trying to suggest he did). All he's doing is setting the tone of being a procrastinator as the President with this message.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
It's a break for everyone, not just Trump, and for some people a good opportunity to flee the country before the new boss sits behind that desk and begins....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

LOL ok, you can look at it that way.

He has worked "before" office.
He will be slacking "after" office.

A wash?

Again, I'm going to need a month or two, personally.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Its the weekend!

No one is going to be up there unless they are shredding papers or deleting emails.

Everyone is taking a deep breath before monday comes. He will hit the ground running, just wait until you sit down for the news monday night. You'll need a nap

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Last time I checked it doesn't take two days to sleep off a glass of wine.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Maybe he shouldn't be getting plastered when he's on the clock.

Just like the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush, Donald Trump does not drink alcohol. But, unlike President Bush, Trump never drank alcohol. Obviously, his abstinence is not because he was once an alcoholic, nor is the reason moral or religious, as is so often the case.

conservativeamerica-online.com...

link   
a reply to: ausername

I like that point. I heard a rumor that Cher's flight to Jupiter was delayed.

Have a star!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Someone needs to accept blame for foisting that jackass on us

Isn't that you the voters??
People lose elections,don't hate the player....hate the game.

You either live your problems or you live with your problems.
So much hate.

edit on 18-1-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Apparently his supporters have all forgotten that Trump doesn't even drink alcohol. So what does he need to recover from anyways? His coc aine habit?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Someone needs to accept blame for foisting that jackass on us

Isn't that you the voters??
People lose elections,don't hate the player....hate the game.

You either live your problems or you live with your problems.

Just a simple of case of what comes around goes around. That's all.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So then what's to stop him from doing his job?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Maybe he shouldn't be getting plastered when he's on the clock.

Just like the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush, Donald Trump does not drink alcohol. But, unlike President Bush, Trump never drank alcohol. Obviously, his abstinence is not because he was once an alcoholic, nor is the reason moral or religious, as is so often the case.

conservativeamerica-online.com...

So why does he need a weekend to recover if it won't be from a hangover?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Anyone strongly offended by this is clearly politically biased and can't wait for the country to fail so they can come out with their I told you so.

I don't like trump ,didn't vote for trump, and still feel he is likely a conman, but this is just plain political bias silliness.

OMG he doesn't start till Monday, what will we do?He is clearly the first POTUS elect to change his mind , this is horrific the horror , shock , and awe I tell you. We are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we just stop all the distraction with these silly little irrelevant matters in the greater scheme of things , and lets hammer him when warranted.

edit on 52131America/ChicagoWed, 18 Jan 2017 11:52:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
After the treatment I received on ATS when Trump won, believe me I will be waiting in the wings to tell you "I told you so."

So, there. Your sad, intellectually small, and whiny motivation in your own words. Depth, son. Get some. Just some friendly advice. Then you can join us in hoping for your country.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

So then what's to stop him from doing his job?

Once sworn in, he is technically on the job 24/7/365 wherever he is and whatever he is or isn't doing...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
After the treatment I received on ATS when Trump won, believe me I will be waiting in the wings to tell you "I told you so."

So, there. Your sad, intellectually small, and whiny motivation in your own words. Depth, son. Get some. Just some friendly advice. Then you can join us in hoping for your country.

I wrote "depth" off from Trump conversations a LONG time ago, plus what you were talking about didn't interest me because I don't believe any of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join