It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
He's already working harder than all the previous ones I can recall and not even sworn in yet. The economy is perking up bigly and he's had many important meetings at Trump Tower for real change and making new fans amongst his previous detractors.

Plus: "Not signing" doesn't mean "Not working," eh? I'm sure you can see that, right?

Pretty sure we don't have a slacker with this one.

If by working harder you mean being in the spotlight more then any other you would be correct. President-elects normally dont jump into spotlight before inauguration. They do this by nominating people that are qualified and dont have ethical issues while also being open to the press for questions about said nominations so things do not boil over like Trump.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why are you complaining. You get to enjoy Obama's "good" works for an extra two days,

Personally, I think he should ditch the fun asap and start erasing Obama crap. The sooner the better.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That every single president has done. You got a problem with tradition, take it up with tradition.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't have a problem with tradition. The inauguration is fine. The PROBLEM is you trying to label it as work to excuse Trump needing a two day break afterwards.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Again, technically, hasn't he already started? Or we don't give credit for people doing things, that they really did not have to be doing, BEFORE being paid to do it?

And I don't just mean the corps he met with. What about the people he has met with? Like community leaders and such?

IDK, maybe it is all a master plot to destroy the US by Trump. LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Bush spent more time in his vacation home than Obama spent on the golf course. So no. That is a conservative lie.

Yeah, I think all of our Presidents since JFK have been slackers and pwned by the globalist philosophy.

No partisan politics for me. We need real change.

Doesn't look to be a case of slacking with Trump. We'll see. But, finally, there's hope. And Trump keeps making new fans. Like me. Couldn't stand him at first, then I started paying attention.

If he does to me what Obama did (I had hope with him) I'ma really be pissed I promise.

But Trump is doing GREAT so far. Making friends and boosting the economy.

edit on 18-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If he does to me what Obama did (I had hope with him) I'ma really be pissed I promise

My sentiments exactly.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

So all this transition work is SOOO hard and he DESPERATELY needs a refresher and breather before taking head of the free world? Eff that. He signed up for this. Reality doesn't wait until he is ready for the job. What happens if a national crisis occurs over the weekend? Do we have to wait until Monday for Trump to speak on it? Probably not because his Twitter will speak for him, but that certainly isn't Presidential capacity or even Presidential work.

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Every time someone criticizes Trump the canned response is, "He's not even President yet." So no, according to Trump's supporters, he has not started the job yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swizzle

He wasn't being paid to go and make the Carrier deal and wasn't president yet??
Call it even.

Uh no. I won't call it even for Trump taking a break just as he starts his job. Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

if they are Saturday and Sunday, then, yep.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If he does to me what Obama did (I had hope with him) I'ma really be pissed I promise.

After the treatment I received on ATS when Trump won, believe me I will be waiting in the wings to tell you "I told you so."

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We all know Trump is a liar, anyway. He said he was 6'-2" once on the campaign trail, but his drivers license says he's 6'-1".

Seriously, though, is that the best anyone can come up with? He doesn't want to sign important papers during a celebration? He wants to be as sharp as possible during important decisions? In Trump's own words: Sad.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Swizzle

He wasn't being paid to go and make the Carrier deal and wasn't president yet??
Call it even.

Uh no. I won't call it even for Trump taking a break just as he starts his job. Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

if they are Saturday and Sunday, then, yep.

The difference being that one is the President 24/7 and they don't actually have weekends. So pretend like the 21st and 22nd aren't Saturday and Sunday but say a Monday or Tuesday and now answer my question.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: network dude

Even if your new job expects you to work weekends?

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Xcalibur254

meh.

I didn't criticize Obama for days off.
I was only mad about the cost of what he did on those days off.

And to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to what he did before his inauguration, but I don't recall hearing about him doing much.
I guess I'm just one of those people that is willing to give someone a chance. Too many people in the US are freaking out, before the guy even gets in office. I find that just stupid really.
Freak out after, if need be.

What, a mere 850 million in vacation spending? No biggy, everyone does that - right?

link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Trump To Take "Four Or Five" Executive Actions On Day One

Trump is not planning to waste any time.

According to the spokesman Sean Spicer, cited by Reuters, president-elect Donald Trump may take four or five executive actions on Friday, the day he is sworn into office.

"He's got a few of them probably in the area of four or five that we're looking at for Friday," some of them logistical, Spicer said Wednesday at a news briefing. "Then there are some other ones that I expect him to sign with respect to a couple of issues that have been high on his priority list."

Spicer did not elaborate. Trump had promised to take executive actions immediately after taking office to counter some of the policies of Democratic President Barack Obama.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe he shouldn't be getting plastered when he's on the clock.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

After the treatment I received on ATS when Trump won, believe me I will be waiting in the wings to tell you "I told you so."

YES! Remember, if Trump fails and the US goes down in flames, YOU WIN!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Well that goes against Trump's own words. But I guess we should've learned by now that Trump doesn't actually speak for Trump. And people are trying to act like he isn't a puppet.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

YES! Remember, if Trump fails and the US goes down in flames, YOU WIN!!!!

Someone needs to accept blame for foisting that jackass on us, and I'll be happy to point it out. Your hyperbole not withstanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join