It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Because he's not actually taking a vacation. He's engaging in the expected and completely normal social engagements expected of pretty much any president. The only thing he's doing is not calling it work.

Also he's not going back on his word. That's not where he failed here. He can't keep his word because he was too dumb to realize the first few days of the presidency is taken up with social engagements. He's failing to keep his word because he made a dumb mistake based on faulty assumptions.

I'm not saying he didn't screw up. He did, he made a promise he couldn't keep because he, like apparently many here it seems, made the dumb mistake of not realizing how much attention and time the social obligations of the inauguration and first few days of the presidency actually entails.

So his mistake, making a promise he couldn't keep due to the normal obligations and duties of the president.

Your mistake and many others, taking his statement about work and assuming it means he's taking a vacation. He's not, in his mind it's probably more like a mandatory company picnic. He doesn't consider parties and such actual work even if obligatory. These are the same things he does for fun. He's still fulfilling his duties as president. Hell so is Obama if he's meeting with foreign dignitaries and such on the golf course to both play and discuss the countries business. Nothing wrong with creating a more informal, friendly and comfortable environment to make deals in, it can be quite conductive towards improving amicability actually.

So by focusing on the thing that he's not actually doing wrong, while ignoring his actual mistake, you're demonstrating the exact same ignorance he did when he made the promise to get to work as soon as he was sworn in and in making that exact same mistake are actually helping validate it.

He did screw up, he made the dumb assumption he'd have actual time to get straight to business the second he was sworn in. Same mistake you all are making. By not counting it as work and saying so, he got you all to start screaming about him taking a vacation, which he's not actually doing, and in doing so making yourselves look silly and making his actual mistake less of one by tricking massive numbers of people, you all, to demonstrate the same ignorance as himself.

So if you want to ACCURATELY attack Trump, you want to attack his ignorance of what the first few days as president actually entails. Then again you all are apparently in the same boat he is.
edit on 1/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kryties

For someone who talks a lot of crap about bullies and being above all of this mud throwing you sure spend a lot of time in the pit.

Hypocrite.

What mud have I thrown except facts?

Go tweet about it to your Snowflake-in-Chief. I'm sure he'll respond promptly.

The ignorance of this post is sig-worthy.

Keep it up!

I'm absolutely fascinated to hear why you think that post was ignorant.

Please, do tell.

Do you even know what the word "ignorance" means?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Disappointing OP, personal outrage does not Trump (pun intended) reality and truth. He's worked for the American people, including you, since the beginning of LAST year (ie: ALL of 2016), whether you choose to acknowledge that is irrelevant.

He's a doer - Obama, like Hillary and other oxygen thieves, are 'sayers' not doers.

Big difference.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What was that? Some feeble attempt at a dig at Trump? WOW...have you guys run out of material already? Trump has done more pre-President than Obama did during eight years...well...forgetting all the damaging things.

Get a life. Or at least find something more interesting to whine about.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

He can't keep his word because he was too dumb to realize the first few days of the presidency is taken up with social engagements. He's failing to keep his word because he made a dumb mistake based on faulty assumptions.

O_O

Uhhh, is that supposed to help your case? Please reread that comment because it sounds like you're describing the word "incompetence". If he makes a pattern of "failing to keep his word because he made a dumb mistake based on faulty assumptions", then his presidency is doomed. Not to mention, all he had to do was ask anyone who was involved in a previous presidency to know this info. That also sounds like incompetence.

The rest of your post is a bit odd. You're constantly saying he made a promise he couldn't keep, yet you're blaming me for making assumptions? My post only made 2 points. The first point was a rhetorical question: "How is it wrong to call out a politician for going back on his own words?" You seemingly agreed with this point, admitted that he can't keep his word on this issue by literally saying:

"He can't keep his word because"

"He did, he made a promise he couldn't keep because"

"So his mistake, making a promise he couldn't keep due to"

"He did screw up, he made the dumb assumption"

My second point was that turnabout is fair play since conservatives constantly attacked Pres Obama for taking days off. I think you overlooked that. I made no other points in my post, so you seemingly spent the rest of your post arguing about a point that I didn't make. I didn't say anything about him taking a vacation; I simply asked another rhetoric question: "Now the new President will intentionally take off the first 2 days of his term and it's ok again?"

You kept saying I was making assumptions, yet you "countered" that by making up a list of assumptions on your own about what Trump actually meant and is doing, including saying this:

"in his mind it's probably more like"

"He doesn't consider parties and such actual work even if obligatory"

In other words, are you sure you meant to make this reply to my post? Because it seems like you agreed with my 1st point, ignored my second point, and then argued points that I didn't make.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

He's not intentionally taking the first two days off. That's where the disconnect is. In fact he's technically not taking any time off at all. He's actually doing his job as President. It's just an aspect of the job he doesn't consider such.

As for calling out people who go back on their word, you do that when it's intentional not circumstantial. Would you be mad at someone that failed to pick you up at three that promised to pick you up, but was late due to his car breaking down on the way there? No of course you wouldn't. Now of course had he kept up with maintenance like he's supposed to would have gotten there on time, same with had Trump actually dug deeper into things, he would have known he'd be busy with presidential social engagements those days.

Trumps mistake isn't that he lied, his mistake is that he made an error in judgement and failed to do his due diligence before he spoke. As for calling Trump out for not doing his job and instead goofing off. Sure, when he actually does that.

He's not taking the first two days off, this is a normal part of the job of President. The only difference between him and others is, he called this aspect of Presidential expectations not work. You are all making a big stink about nothing. He's doing his job.

He didn't lie he made a stupid mistake. Same as the person who picked you up made a stupid mistake not maintaining his car. Both are dumb, but they aren't liars. They fully intended to keep their word but due to non-intentional mistakes on their parts failed to fulfill their promise.

What he did wrong was once again, not doing his due diligence before making the original statement, he is again, not actually taking time off the first two days of the presidency and it was not his intent to fail to meet expectations.

Also don't care what conservatives did. As long as Obama was actually working while on the course I have no problem with it. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you had a problem with conservatives actions and think they were wrong, why are you doing the same.

As for Trump doing wrong, he did, he made the mistake of opening his mouth without fully realizing what his job entails. If you want to actually nail him, that's how you do it. The taking time off thing was a dangling carrot to throw you all off the real story, and each and every one of you fell for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I actually find this refreshing. So often, the past government makes changes over the weekend and it goes unnoticed by the masses and come Monday, the media has it pushed back since it is no longer breaking current news. One thing, President Trump's campaign and transition period showed is that he never stops working! If anything, this gives everyone else a needed break to show up Monday and keep up with him!
edit on 1 19 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

He's a doer - Obama, like Hillary and other oxygen thieves, are 'sayers' not doers.

DO show us your tax returns Donald. What, whats that you say? Someone said something mean about you? Quick! Drop everything unimportant and get on Twitter to rage about it! That'll make them forget the pesky tax returns....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Obviously I don't like the man's politics, but this is a non-issue. He's been working day and night since he became the P-Elect. Maybe he wants to pad around in the WH in his pajamas and look at things. Have a day to become acclimated to his new environment. Put his hairspray in the proper bin in the bathroom. Have his family over to celebrate privately in the residence. Sleep. Catch up on his tweets. It's his business and I surely don't fault him for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It would be nice, I guess if the incoming President could answer all our questions up front. Maybe things would have turned out better idea if during his election, a reporter had asked Jimmy Carter, "Governor, what will be your reaction if our Iranian Embassy is overthrown by Iranian students and several of our citizens are taken hostage, with demands for us to return Mohammed Reza Shah, who we had aided to escape? And to follow-up, how will you respond when a rescue attempt results in the accidental destruction of both aircraft involved?"

I wish someone had asked George W. Bush during his election, "Sir, what do you plan to do to secure the country from terrorism when a group of terrorists fly two commercial airliners into the World Trade Towers on September 11th?"

In most people's daily lives, they pretty much know what's going to happen. Monday through Friday, they wake up at a certain time, get ready, drink a cup of breakfast, go into work, do what they do every day, come home, eat supper, watch TV, and go to bed. Planned, scheduled, done. Weekends, they do whatever they like to do, but usually the same thing over and over.

It's not like that in business. One might make a deal today, have to negotiate with others tomorrow, find a replacement for someone the next day, or possibly have little required of them this week.

It's not like that in engineering. One might be working on a circuit board design this week, or writing up a grant application tomorrow, or analyzing test results three days from now. A new project might be dropped into one's lap with no notice, changing everything that was planned.

It's not like that as President. There might be a nuclear test in North Korea tomorrow, or an attack on an ally next year, or a terrorist attack next month.

The CEO is hired because he has shown an ability to handle the unexpected and still accomplish goals. The engineer is hired because he can make adjustments to get the job done without even knowing exactly what the job is beforehand. The President is hired because he can think on his feet and make good decisions quickly as the need arises. All three sit around at times apparently doing nothing, because just looking busy is not part of their job. They also tend to work 24/7 if needed, sometimes at an office, sometimes on the road, sometimes at home. Their work is primarily mental, not physical, and never really stops.

Trump is already working. He started prior to the election, learning about the problems that he felt were important. After he was elected, he started working harder, meeting with people he would need later on, establishing relationships, re-analyzing his projected policies in light if new information available to him. The only thing that changes tomorrow at noon is that he officially has the authority to start making his changes. According to this thread, he has his first actions ready to go and will execute them. Saturday and Sunday he will be talking with political leaders and business leaders to cement relationships and drop hints at what he expects in the coming days. Monday he will sit down and start hashing complex policy adjustments, and from there... he'll do what is needed.

That's how it works. Monday will be his first 'real' day at work, the first day he sits there in the Oval Office and talks serious with the contacts he has made. He's not going to argue the role of the EPA with Bernie over a glass of punch in a ballroom over loud music and the din of a crowd of celebrators... duh. He's not going to call John Lewis and talk civil rights while greeting others... duh. He's not going to address sweeping legislation on campaign reform with the Speaker of the House while they're both applauding a performance... duh.

He'll do all that starting Monday.

As for his promise, he's already fulfilled it. He has already struck deals with various companies to bring in jobs. He has executive orders written up and ready to sign. He hit the ground running in November. Promise fulfilled.

As to Obama's 'time off', the criticism was not that he took time off, but when he took time off. Personally, I never really cared; I wasn't 'allowed' to complain anyway, as that would have been 'racist' of me. So far as I know, ISIS isn't planning any major attacks (unless one considers the DisruptJ20 movement as part of ISIS... they are terrorists IMO), North Korea isn't testing any nukes this weekend, and no one seems to be threatening war this weekend. I'm sure if those things happen, the plans will change.

Well, there is that issue with Cher's flight to Jupiter still not departing on time, but I think that can wait until Monday.

Bottom line: Trump held good to his promise, and he's not leaving on vacation. He's taking care of business, just not the business he is itching to take care of. That starts in earnest again Monday.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

His vacation house was actually his home in Texas, just like most of the other Presidents. Reagan spent lots of time at his home in Cal, was know as the western White House. Obama seemed to spent most of his time on the golf course.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Umm The work week starts on Monday for most jobs. So yes if I was hired on Friday afternoon I would expect to start on the next Monday morning.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Umm The work week starts on Monday for most jobs. So yes if I was hired on Friday afternoon I would expect to start on the next Monday morning.

The Presidency isn't "most jobs".

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The poor guy is only making $1 now!
Will you get off his back!
Tweeting a 3am can be exhausting...
Especially when you are a senior citizen.

If this is gonna be the typical liberal response to the next (trigger warning) 8 years when the president so much as farts in their general direction. This is gonna be great!

Thank you liberals for bringing some entertainment and joy back into our lives.
Sadly it is at your expense but you made this bed now it's time to cuddle up with the new president. He likes the big spoon BTW...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Remember during the campaign when Trump said he was going to make sweeping changes starting on January 20th? Yeah. Apparently that's not happening.

Oh but it DID happen...

The man might be an @sshat but he did sign executive orders already...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Important ones too from the look of things. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we already have a National Day of Patriotism?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The poor guy is only making $1 now!

He's finally in the -1% now.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Important ones too from the look of things. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we already have a National Day of Patriotism?

Isn't that 4th of July for you guys?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That's what I thought. Apparently not.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yea, this is exactly what I expected from you. Backpedaling then crying about some other aspect of the Trump presidency when he actually does start working right away as he said he would.

Integrity, look into it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join