It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Monday will be day one of administration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump said the first order he’ll sign as president will be to create “strong borders.”

It’s something he’s said before, but the promise gained attention Monday evening, after that portion of his Times of London interview was highlighted on social media because it included his definition of “day one.”

“…[D]ay one – which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right? I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration,” Trump said, according to a transcript of the interview.
Trump will be inaugurated on Friday and is expected to attend celebrations that night.

Source

Remember during the campaign when Trump said he was going to make sweeping changes starting on January 20th? Yeah. Apparently that's not happening. Instead Trump will be taking a break after his inauguration. Seriously, he needs to take a weekend off before he even starts his new job. I wonder if anyone told him that being President is 24/7.

If you have a chance to read the full transcript of the interview I highly suggest it. It's a completely rambling, incoherent, mess.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I see nothing wrong with it.
He campaigned hard,put on a lot of miles and will be tipping a few on Friday night.

Take a day or 2 and come back fresh and ready to roll....makes sense to me?

If us in our jobs,pushed hard for 18 months,accomplished what the goal was and found a few days to decompress,I am sure most would take the time before getting back to the grind.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
He's already working harder than all the previous ones I can recall and not even sworn in yet. The economy is perking up bigly and he's had many important meetings at Trump Tower for real change and making new fans amongst his previous detractors.

Plus: "Not signing" doesn't mean "Not working," eh? I'm sure you can see that, right?

Pretty sure we don't have a slacker with this one.
edit on 18-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What do you think a break for Trump means?

From the info he has passed down through un-approved (liberal media) means, I have the impression that he has done more work than Obama since the election.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So how many times were you upset when are current President went golfing?
Like when Louisiana was dealing with massive flooding and Obama was living it up at Martha's Vineyard?
Or how about last weekend when he took a vacation to Palm Springs? Less than a week before leaving office...
Was he on vacation during Benghazi? I have yet to find an answer to that one...only that he wasn't at the white house.

Sounds like just more liberal whining to me?

You keep whining we will keep winning

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
GOOD!!! Was kind of worried by the day one statement myself. Glad to see he'll go into this refreshed rather than during the inauguration and the immediate aftermath of it. The idea of major policy changes ect being done during all this had me a bit concerned. Glad to see he's not actually doing that.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Look, I don't know how he will work out, but why are we getting worked up about 2 days off? I mean, hasn't he technically been working already, with meeting with all these companies, trying to get jobs back, or to stay?
Doesn't that count?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

LOL, never miss a chance to show ignorance!

You can dock his pay.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Considering the Right flipped their s*** anytime Obama took a day off I'd say criticizing Trump over the same thing is warranted. Hell, he's the one that said he would be in the office and working on January 20th. So why is it okay to criticize Obama for taking a day off but it's not okay to criticize Trump for the same thing when he doesn't even technically have the job yet?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Didn't Obama set records for days off though?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Swizzle

So he didn't get all that celebrating out of him on November 12th? The inauguration isn't supposed to be a party. It's supposed to be the official point when Trump STARTS his job.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Didn't Obama set records for days off though?

Bush spent more time in his vacation home than Obama spent on the golf course. So no. That is a conservative lie.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He wasn't being paid to go and make the Carrier deal and wasn't president yet??
Call it even.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well I didn't like Bush either never voted for Bush. Voted for Obama first term though.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swizzle

He wasn't being paid to go and make the Carrier deal and wasn't president yet??
Call it even.

Uh no. I won't call it even for Trump taking a break just as he starts his job. Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

meh.

I didn't criticize Obama for days off.
I was only mad about the cost of what he did on those days off.

And to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to what he did before his inauguration, but I don't recall hearing about him doing much.
I guess I'm just one of those people that is willing to give someone a chance. Too many people in the US are freaking out, before the guy even gets in office. I find that just stupid really.
Freak out after, if need be.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well I didn't like Bush either never voted for Bush. Voted for Obama first term though.

And that means what? I didn't ask for you personal opinion on either President. My point was that Obama's vacation thing was just conservative whining. Everyone needs time off.

HOWEVER Trump doesn't need time off before he even starts his job.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He is working technically. He's partaking in the inauguration ritual we have built surrounding the presidency.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He is working technically. He's partaking in the inauguration ritual we have built surrounding the presidency.

That's not working. That's just another excuse to stroke his ego.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Do you start work at a new company and ask for the first two days after your hire date off?

If I worked for a few days for free,i would either ask for that to be paid or take those few unpaid days off in lieu of.
Nobody rides for free....you guys got a deal and some now are kicking the gifthorse in the mouth.
Again,just call it even and a well deserved break.

edit on 18-1-2017 by Swizzle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join