It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama scores the worst legislative record in history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama wouldn't work with congress, not even his own party. For example Cory booker and Rand Paul came up with at least two bills that they took to Obama for support and he ignored both of them. He wants his name on it or nothing.

So Obama ignored two bills and that is your evidence that he didn't attempt to work with Congress? Yeah, you are going to have to do better than that. Maybe first start with some links to your claims, and then maybe you should move onto establishing an 8 year trend instead of trying to use two anecdotes to define a whole Presidency.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Annee

Or and much more likely is he couldn't get along with people and dithered.

NO. Many refused to accept Obama just because of who he is.

They dug their hills in from day one.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

So we're just going to ignore that this happened?

But of course, it must have been Obama that was in the wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama had congress for the first 5 years? How much did he get done then? The guy is an egomaniac he wants nothing if it's not "his"

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And look at the podium it's the republican Heritage Foundation. You know, they are the ones that designed "Obamacare"

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Rewriting history as you want it avgguy?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nice facts to prove worst President of all time.

We all see that fake phony number for his approval rating tossed around. If he really had such a high number then why didn't it translate into his Party putting their behinds in the Congress seats? Either he has great approval and zero ability to translate it into reality or the rating is bunk. Either way it puts to light the ineptitude of the traitor in chief that he was.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thank the Founders for checks and balances!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I'm sorry 2yrs 6 months and 6 days, but it's the republicans fault he couldn't get anything done.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama sucked.

Glad he's gone.

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

you and Putin are in agreement

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

And look at the podium it's the republican Heritage Foundation. You know, they are the ones that designed "Obamacare"

Except for half of it that Democrats screwed up.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: damwel

I'm sorry 2yrs 6 months and 6 days, but it's the republicans fault he couldn't get anything done.

No it is Obama's fault for not using his approval rating to fill Congress with his Party. He was the great do nothing President in every aspect including working for his own Party. His final sales pitch for Hillary is proof that his power was miniscule.

link   

Like a lot of things the bumbling repubs do, they failed. What does this have to do with Obamas inability to get things done?

link   

One of the owners of ATS went to Washington a few years back and wrote this thread. (Aug 11 2009)
This thread reminded me of that thread from a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look and compare what was said back then to what happened and where we are now...seems pretty bang on if you ask me.

edit on 18-1-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

A Republican leader came out and openly said their top goal is to hamstring Obama. And you're wondering what that has to do with a thread that says the least amount of legislation was passed under Obama?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I'll admit that Obama was naive going in. He actually thought that he could be bipartisan. Just look at Obamacare. That was the product of bipartisan negotiation. Of course when it came to vote the Republicans bailed and threw Obama under the bus.

I think that if modern Obama had been elected he would have had a much more successful administration. As it stands I'd say it probably ranks somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

One of the owners of ATS went to Washington a few years back and wrote this thread. (Aug 11 2009)
This thread reminded me of that thread from a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look and compare what was said back then to what happened and where we are now...seems pretty bang on if you ask me.

Ya, the "Get Trump at all costs" battle is on but the Democrats are too few and far between to make any difference because Obama failed to be the popularity number president that we are constantly told that he was.

When they fail to oppose Trump effectively, it will be in reality Obama's fault, no ifs ands or buts about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Excuses does not cut it in real life. My dog ate my home work, my alarm didn't go off and those repubs got me.

He didn't even get as much done as JIMMY CARTER---

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Carter had a Democratic super-majority for his first two years and a Democratic majority for his last two. Also, he didn't have a Republican party that outright stated they were trying to sabotage his administration.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

All I hear from dems are excuses, why HRC lost, why Obama couldn't get things done.

It would seem that Obama was not up to the job, and the rumors that he wasn't ready or properly vetted were true.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join