It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama scores the worst legislative record in history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What can you say?

Maybe it is a good thing that Obama dithered and couldn't work with others in congress to get things done. -Or-

It was bad that he was stone walled and imagine what we could have accomplished, what a great man and he was purposely ham strung.

Obama had signed less bills than Cater and Bush Sr. who only served 4 years. He struggled to work with congress that was hostile toward him.

www.washingtontimes.com...
President Obama oversaw the deepest legislative malaise in modern political history, according to the Washington Times Legislative Index, which captures his struggles to find ways to work with a Congress that ranged from lukewarm to openly hostile toward him.

Over the course of his eight years, he has signed just 1,227 bills into law — less, even, than one-term Presidents Carter and George H.W. Bush. Digging deeper into the numbers, Congress spent less time in session, handled fewer business on the chamber floors and generally sputtered for much of Mr. Obama’s tenure, according to The Times’ index.
www.washingtontimes.com...

The president was terrible at reaching across the isle, Congress met less and spent less time on the floor.

“The president was never good at reaching across the aisle. So when the composition of Congress changed relative to what it was in his first two years, he wasn’t able to accommodate that very well,” said Andrew Busch, a presidential scholar at Claremont McKenna College in California. “He never accustomed himself to operating in a system where he was not the sole player.”

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

yea, thats really odd... since Obama was met with the most opposition in legislative history.

what can you say... how can you put 2 and 2 or connect the dots. what can you say, there's no correlation to why but partisanship.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks to the Do-Nothing Congress!

(His approval rating just hit 60% as he leaves the White House...just FYI)

- AB

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well Thank God they blocked most of it, because what did get through has been a nightmare. Strangling businesses and saddling us with national "healthcare" was enough. Imagine if he got everything he wanted.

Funny how he had the upper hand for 2 years and still didn't get anything done. Can't blame the Republicans for that.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sadly, even with those dismal numbers, he still managed to destroy the health care system.

Guess he should have worked on reaching across the aisle and uniting people. Instead he worked on his short game and handicap.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think Trump is going to have the same problem,having a hard time NOT being the sole player.
I am also glad he signed less laws and really hope (pipe dream I know) he passed the laws that the people needed.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

yea, thats really odd... since Obama was met with the most opposition in legislative history

I thought that too but wasn't sure....doomed to fail??

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Don't make excuses for him.

There is a way to get things done, and it looks like he is the worst in history to do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Odd they didn't ask me.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Sadly, even with those dismal numbers, he still managed to destroy the health care system.

Guess he should have worked on reaching across the aisle and uniting people. Instead he worked on his short game and handicap.

I know you believe that. I know you really do.

Did you know that the ACA went through an EXTENSIVE bi-partisan committee process prior to the final bill? That Obama took singer-payer off the table in order to shift to the Republican designed plan of Romneycare?

It was then, after compromise and concessions were made, after hairs were split and all that bi-partisan process duly gone through - that the Republicans disavowed it and suddenly had amnesia about what was in the law.

They betrayed him and it was down hill from there. In addition, when there were issues with the law that COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED, the GOP Congress did nothing OR actively tried to repeal the law rather than make everyone's lives easier by working to ensure the law became fair for everyone.

They wanted the law to fail. They wanted to paste Obama's name on it so he would "own" the failure. They DID NOT CARE that they, in turn and with partisan malice, BETRAYED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE by actively assaulting a plan that strove to benefit everyone. Because "liberal." Because "One Term President" (ha!).

You may say that is a fantasy. History will bear me out though, assuming of course, it is a fair history.

- AB

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I assume that's because of obstructionist republicans and the never ending filibuster. Trump won't have to worry about that. Democrats don't play that way, they put country before party.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Odd they didn't ask me.

I'm guessing you are in the 40% minority, then...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And it is the insurance carriers that destroyed the health system.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The democrats should have tried harder to get bi-partisan support for obamacare,by forcing obamacare on us without bi-partisan support, the democrats poisoned the well of co-operation and doomed obamacare to being repealed.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

No, actually they took 100% of their poll. I would be the uncounted.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I just figured Obamacare was an insurance company bailout??
It was for the insurance companies and had nothing to do with healthcare.

How long have they been talking about wanting to change and better the healthcare system?
The financial crisis hits and NOW they want to help YOU with better healthcare??

It seemed like a farce to me.
I could be wrong,no big deal.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are correct, this mess is directly from out politicians. Both repub and dems. Dems were the only ones stupid enough to vote for it. And Obama was silly enough to think it could work.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its easer to betray a man if you have no respect for him.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Obama sucked.

Glad he's gone.

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Who do you think betrayed Obama?

new topics

top topics