It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about the Sign of the Cross..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
why do we start the sign of the cross from head, heart, side to side? and why only right handed?

to me it seems like you're doing the inverted cross, instead of the right side up cross.
does that summon Jesus's power onto the earth rather than to heaven?

if you were to do the opposite and with both hands (heart first, head, then side to side) (with both hands)... what spiritual consequence or reward or whatever.. happens?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Because you have to get the cross member right without the placement of the post the cross member is off.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
u turn into a hillary supporter .

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
u turn into a hillary supporter .

You mean supporting womens rights and equality so your mother can own a car with the title in her name.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh
that's last year.. why haven't you though of something original?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Teotihuacan

hmm never thought of that.. good point!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
LOL @ EQUALITY :'(

anyways ...

edit on 18 1 17 by robbeh because: fs.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think the cross represents light, a point of light. If you look at a source of light from a distance it has those 'spikes' of light stretching vertically and horizontally through that light and makes it look like a shining cross.

Jesus is light, God is light, we are light. The Cross represents the source of all light beings. It doesn't matter how you draw it across yourself, it's what is in your soul is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I hadn't given it any thought, ever...but, I found this.

the forehead symbolizes Heaven; the solar plexus (or top of stomach), the earth; the shoulders, the place and sign of power.

Interesting article in symbolism.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In the eyes of god i dont think it really matters, its the intention in your heart that your actions are weighed on.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Try it with your sinistrous (left) hand and tell us if anything happens during the following week.

Even during Roman times, they knew that the Left Handed Path was sinister ('sinistrous') and the right hand was better (dextrous).

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I've always known it to be called "genuflecting". Which by the very word means that you're doing a physical act as an internal reflection of your faith.

Kind of like an outward reminder.

But if you want to dissect it:

Father = forehead, the mind, the wisdom

Son = chest, the body, youth, emotions

Holy spirit = shoulders, the soul, the peripherals, the guiding element around you.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

LOL @ EQUALITY :'(

anyways ...

That philosophy holds the door open for pedophilia. Because it's failure do you understand me!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

lay off the cr@ck pipe amigo ......

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Jesus said he will be seen coming in the clouds of heaven seated at the right hand of the father...

This has symbolic meaning... In ancient times to say you are on the right side of someone is to say you have their favor or that you stand as one...

There is nothing in scripture that says anyone must cross themselves before prayer... However it in and of itself does hold meaning to believers... You see it is a sign of faith and belief in the trinity...

God the father is the intellect who reigns from on high... He lowered himself and became man then died for our sins... His holy spirit descended into hell and liberated the lost souls of men and death was destroyed when he resurected once more in the flesh... Because of this man can move to the right side of God and have his favor...

Atleast for westerners this is true... Yet for reasons unknown to me some from the east move from right to left...

To me although not requirement to pray... It is also a blessing and serves as a reminder to myself to be mindful I am about to communicate to God and to focus my thoughts on him...

God knows our thoughts and beliefs...
So the action itself is self serving but not without merrit for the reasons I've stated... So while it is definitely not the most important aspect of prayer...
What is important is to talk with God he's always listening making the sign of the cross does not open the air waves to allow your thoughts to reach him... You have a sheath that surrounds your brain which provides a direct link to him... Hes waiting to listen... test out your antenna!

edit on 18-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

lay off the cr@ck pipe amigo ......

If women aren't equal in today's world which is 2017 and even int he bible we have multiple analogies of women owning land.

The point is if people are denying it or trying to influence that women are not on level ground with men.

Then we have to believe we failed someone and if we failed someone a child got molested because we failed people.

IT'S CALLED SALES! HAVE YOU EVER WORKED IN SALES WITH A FREE MASON?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

the reply wasn't meant for u hence the fs in the edit..........anyways u jumped in and said about pedophilia hence lay off the crack pipe ..and wtf about sales and free masons :/ seriously dude step away from the pipe .....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

failure leads to failure leads to terrorism. pick any terrorism that you want.

Actually it was you was talking about crapping on equality. otherwise quote your own reply up there the first one talking about equality as a reply to someone and explain underneath the quote box what you was saying.

Like I said every time you fail someone you opened the door to failure.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ur a melter do one ....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

When I was working for Kirby IDK if you know anything about Kirby sweepers but they been around a long time and lasted through the Great Depression.

They are American made and owned by Free Masons. In order to climb the ranks in Kirby you have to understand the Illuminati and eventually you get the secret hand shake.

But only if you sell Kirby's.

I was baptized by the man who owned the shop and everyday I came in he would call me Mr.Illuminati.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join