It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fugitive wanted in fatal shooting of police officer captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

www.yahoo.com...

ORLANDO, Fla. — A suspect in the fatal shooting of an Orlando police officer was captured Tuesday after a weeklong manhunt, authorities said. The Orlando Police Department tweeted Tuesday night that 41-year-old Markeith Loyd was in custody, ending a manhunt that began with the Jan. 9 fatal shooting of Lt. Debra Clayton outside a Wal-Mart store. Local television stations showed Loyd had a bloodied face when a half-dozen officers and deputies took him into police headquarters. Orlando Police Chief John Mina tweeted, “Captured and wearing Lt. Debra Clayton’s handcuffs.” Before Clayton’s shooting, authorities had sought Loyd for questioning in the

Fugitive wanted in fatal shooting of police officer captured

Glad they got him finally. Not sure if this was posted, I did not see it anywhere.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Thank you for the update!
I updated an older thread earlier but, this will surely be seen...

Wearing red pants, a gray shirt and his hands cuffed behind his back, Loyd exclaimed, “They beat me up! They beat me up!” to nearby cameras. His bloodied face appeared beaten with swollen eyes and lips.

I am truly surprised he was taken alive.

Loyd faces two counts of first-degree murder with a firearm and two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm in Dixon and her fetus’ deaths, and attempted first degree murder in the shooting of Dixon’s 26-year-old brother, Ronald Stewart, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said Tuesday night. Charges in Clayton’s death have not yet been announced.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While I think it is great that he was caught, terrible that he killed a cop, I don't like that he gets beat up for killing "one of their own" unless they beat up all the fugitives they catch. I get that they have a special bond and always have each others backs, and I have no problem with a murderer getting beat up, I don't like that anyone gets any kind of special treatment just because another cop was involved.

Maybe I am being a whiner about it, but I am kind of tired of Police always being separate from the rest of us. Not because people that kill them get beat up, but because it fosters attitudes that bleed over into other matters that don't benefit "us". Do they not care enough to beat up murderers of civilians so remain professional? Or are they not capable of containing their emotions and anger because it was someone with a badge that was killed? If that is the case then they shouldn't be the ones doing the arresting. What if it would have been mistaken identity and an innocent person got the crap kicked out of them because they were too hot headed? At the very least wait until you have them booked and in jail if you must beat them up.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
While I think it is great that he was caught, terrible that he killed a cop, I don't like that he gets beat up for killing "one of their own" unless they beat up all the fugitives they catch. I get that they have a special bond and always have each others backs, and I have no problem with a murderer getting beat up, I don't like that anyone gets any kind of special treatment just because another cop was involved.

Here's my question for you: Do you know the circumstances behind the capture? I mean, dude is a murderer and was a fugitive on the run--is it not possible that maybe he put up a massive fight and that the officers took every step necessary to not use deadly force instead? Why must you jump to the conclusion that he was "beat up for killing 'one of their own?'"

Maybe I am being a whiner about it, but I am kind of tired of Police always being separate from the rest of us. Not because people that kill them get beat up, but because it fosters attitudes that bleed over into other matters that don't benefit "us". Do they not care enough to beat up murderers of civilians so remain professional? Or are they not capable of containing their emotions and anger because it was someone with a badge that was killed? If that is the case then they shouldn't be the ones doing the arresting. What if it would have been mistaken identity and an innocent person got the crap kicked out of them because they were too hot headed? At the very least wait until you have them booked and in jail if you must beat them up.

Again, do you have ANY idea as to what happened during the apprehension? If not, you're using your jump-to-conclusions mat way too early in the game.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I say video of him on the news this morning, though--he was hurting.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So he kills someone else, but wants sympathy because he got beat up?

Wtf?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
An ass kicking is lucky for this guy. Not too long ago the civilian populations of the world took care of these matters and it was much worse than getting beat up.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Here's my question for you: Do you know the circumstances behind the capture? I mean, dude is a murderer and was a fugitive on the run--is it not possible that maybe he put up a massive fight and that the officers took every step necessary to not use deadly force instead? Why must you jump to the conclusion that he was "beat up for killing 'one of their own?'"

Again, do you have ANY idea as to what happened during the apprehension? If not, you're using your jump-to-conclusions mat way too early in the game.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I say video of him on the news this morning, though--he was hurting.

Nope I don't, but lets not play coy OK? We are all adults.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Okay then--quit making assumed claims as if they're fact and maybe wait for some details before jumping to conclusions, otherwise your comment comes across as ideological ignorance.

Coy-less enough to appease you? If not, I can expand my comment further.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't know why you are getting so aggravated over it. His face was bloodied, and he claimed he was beat up. I guess I don't see it as really going out on a limb to assume he wasn't lying. However by claiming he wasn't, and that it could have been from the arrest you seem to be the one jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

It's all good though. We can just pretend that police don't act different when another officer is involved if it makes you feel better. Or you know, play coy.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm not pretending that police don't have different resolve when it's a police officer who was murdered--I never implied that, pretended it, nor stated it. It is something that you made up and are implying that I believe.

Furthermore, I would as you to re-read your comment and look at what you said logically: We have a murderer (alleged) who was a fugitive from justice, and your stance is to just blindly believe this guy's statement at face value? It's not "going out on a limb to assume he wasn't lying?" Seriously?

See, that's the difference between you and me, I suppose--you choose to assume and guess, while I wait for actual evidence and information before coming to conclusions.

And for the record, I never claimed that he wasn't illegally beaten up by the police--all I said is that I don't know, and neither do you. Stop making crap up and just realize that it's a stance based on ignorance when you speak a conclusion before enough information is made known on the issue. Criminals make asinine claims all of the time--that's common sense. If you want to just take this criminal murderer's claim at face value, that's on you. I'll choose to wait.

Now, don't make up something else about what I'm supposedly saying or claiming or believing as a rebuttal to this response--just move on.

ETA: I'm getting aggravated because I just get fed up with people never waiting for evidence and just jumping down the throats of police officers. When's the last time that you went to work knowing that you may have to stare down the barrel of a gun held by someone with zero respect for your life?
edit on 18-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

SlapMonkey, I haven't done or said anything that I regret or could be sanctioned for. I don't know why you are talking to me like this but it isn't warranted. I will do what I want to do, regardless of how you feel about it. I don't appreciate you giving me direction and telling me to "move on".

You don't have any authority what so ever to even try. You didn't have to reply to me, and you don't have to after this. It's not my fault you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of, so I think you should worry about yourself.

I had a feeling what you probably do for a living, it shows in your attitude and how you treat others. You are out of line.
edit on 1/18/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I doubt that you have any idea what I do for a living, although I'm sure that you probably think that I'm in law enforcement--I'm not.

Secondly, I'm speaking to you this way because you felt a need to tell me not to be coy, and now you're complaining that I'm speaking directly, sans coyness. Not that I often concern myself with appeasing others' feelings just for the sake of appeasement, but sheesh, how would you like me to talk to you concerning the ignorant (in the definitive way, not derogatory way) conclusion that you came to prior to knowing any details of the event about which we are talking?

I'm happy to drop it, if you'd like, but just as you are annoyed by me telling you to move on (which is a suggestion, not an order--of course I don't have any authority to make you do anything), but to flip the script, you accused me of making statements that I did not make (and then refused to address that reality and changed the subject). Whether you regret that or not is not my concern--it is reality, so I will call you out on it, just like the reality that you're making assumptions in this case in an ignorant fashion without any details, yet you feel that this is okay. I call people out on that way of thinking--if you don't like it, so be it. Maybe the problem isn't that someone is calling you out for it.

But just remember, you told me not to play coy, and that we are all adults, so I figured that I could speak to you directly, like an adult, without your feelings driving the conversation. Was that a misjudgment on my part? All I did was comment to you noting that you don't know the details, so you may not want to jump to conclusions that are obviously based on ideology. If you find fault in that logic, I just don't know where to go with this discussion.

Maybe just move on...

new topics

top topics

join