It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Celebrities Dishonor The Flag on Variety Magazine Cover

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Has anybody followed up on this? Did the flag make it? How are the witnesses, are they being treated for trauma?

Where's the flag now?! Are these people getting the firing squad like they obviously deserve? We need updates, dammit!

How DAAAAARE they hold a flag that might be touching the ground off-camera!!!
edit on 18-1-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz goddammit

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: redempsh

It's just a flag

To some people, especially most of us veterans its much more than just a flag. Though I could car less what these dumb a$% celebrities do or think, it would be wise for you to learn and understand that many people hold that flag in high regard. Many people have watched friends die protecting what that flag stands for, you know being able to say stupid things like "a damn flag" or "its just a flag".

I'm a veteran and it's "just a flag" to me. What I defended and fought for as a veteran is more than just a piece of cloth.

Yea its just a piece of cloth, it's what it stands for that matters. When people burn the flag they aren't doing it to burn a piece of cloth, they are doing it to burn what it stands for.

Who said anything about burning flags?

I did. Burning it is disrespect just like dragging it on the ground is. You completely ignored the point of my post.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's just a flag

To some people, especially most of us veterans its much more than just a flag. Though I could car less what these dumb a$% celebrities do or think, it would be wise for you to learn and understand that many people hold that flag in high regard. Many people have watched friends die protecting what that flag stands for, you know being able to say stupid things like "a damn flag" or "its just a flag".

I'm a veteran and it's "just a flag" to me. What I defended and fought for as a veteran is more than just a piece of cloth.

Yea its just a piece of cloth, it's what it stands for that matters. When people burn the flag they aren't doing it to burn a piece of cloth, they are doing it to burn what it stands for.

I did. Burning it is disrespect just like dragging it on the ground is. You completely ignored the point of my post.

Actually, burning the flag is considered a dignified way of disposing of a flag. It's in the code.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I just have to ask. Do you have a flag at your house? Do you bring it inside and properly store it anytime there is inclement weather?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's just a flag

Actually, burning the flag is considered a dignified way of disposing of a flag. It's in the code.

Yes because when people in other countries (and people in this country for that matter) burn and stomp on the flag, that is exactly what they are doing right?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's just a flag

And, what it stands for sometimes is injustice, bigotry and corporate greed sponsored wars, and that's what's getting burnt along with their symbols that some see embedded in the flag. When there's no sunlight, fire is the next best sanitizer.

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You're telling me. If you criticize Trump you get labeled fake news. If you support him you get a position in his administration. Ministry of Truth here we come.

90% of all coverage of Trump during the campaign was negative. The ministry of truth was here all along.

That's because 90% of things that he said were negative. Can't slam the press for reporting Trump's own words!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It's just a flag

Well as long as you are being upfront about moving the goal posts back on me, flag desecration is a form of protest. The point of doing it (which is something I pointed out on page 1 since you want to talk about ignoring points) is to make people upset and challenge their moral or social norms. When you are upset that people are doing this, what they are attempting is working. Your being upset triggers discussion, which propels the debate of why these people are protesting to more ears.

I truly don't need a symbol to express my love for my country, but I know how to goad people into outrage who DO need them. Clearly these liberals do too.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It also says in the code that the flag should never be used as apparel. I wonder where the outrage was for this guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's because 90% of things that he said were negative. Can't slam the press for reporting Trump's own words!

That's nonsense. The rallies, the interviews, the press conferences, the debates had unfathomable amount of material, but only a few out of context phrases are reported. It is simply untrue they reported Trump's words because they left most of them out. Contextomy, stacking the deck, and you fell for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's just a flag

Yes because when people in other countries (and people in this country for that matter) burn and stomp on the flag, that is exactly what they are doing right?

I was just pointing-out that burning a flag is not just a sign of disrespect.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It's just a flag

Good Christ you really do go out of your way to be ignorant sometimes, don't you? As if you can, under any pretense, argue that when a flag is burned at a protest that it's simply "a dignified way of disposing of a flag."

And that comment is coming from somebody that finds the entirety of the OP laughable in how triggered it sounds over what amounts to a 1st amendment exercise.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why are we getting all fired up over D list "celebrities"? Let them howl all they want.
It won't change what's going to happen on Jan 20th one bit.

Their campaign slogan was "Stronger Together"....that changed quick huh? Guess they meant only if they were in control, cause all I've been seeing is them trying to tear us apart.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's just a flag

No you weren't. You knew good and well what he meant with his comment. You were being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's just a flag

Well as long as you are being upfront about moving the goal posts back on me, flag desecration is a form of protest. The point of doing it (which is something I pointed out on page 1 since you want to talk about ignoring points) is to make people upset and challenge their moral or social norms. When you are upset that people are doing this, what they are attempting is working. Your being upset triggers discussion, which propels the debate of why these people are protesting to more ears.

I truly don't need a symbol to express my love for my country, but I know how to goad people into outrage who DO need them. Clearly these liberals do too.

If that is true than why are we discussing disrespect to the flag and not the content of the article? I don't even know what its about and honestly I don't care. As I said in my first post I don't care at all what celebrities think or do. I was merely pointing out to other posters here that to some people, the flag is more than just a piece of cloth. You wont make me want to have an honest discussion with you about anything by disrespecting what it stands for.

I understand that you don't need a symbol to express love of country and a lot of people do not. This country stands for many different things to different people and that's OK with me. Honestly I doubt the photographer or the people in the picture even knew you weren't supposed to drag it. They probably thought it was going to be a nice patriotic photo.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's just a flag

No you weren't. You knew good and well what he meant with his comment. You were being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Yes, I was. Burning a flag is not only a sign of disrespect, regardless of what he meant or what you believe my intent was.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Good Christ you really do go out of your way to be ignorant sometimes, don't you?

Was I factually incorrect?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You care enough to make this post and post your opinion on flag desecration.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Good Christ you really do go out of your way to be ignorant sometimes, don't you?

Yes you were, look at the dignity they are giving the flag!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes you were, look at the dignity they are giving the flag!!!!!

that is an inaccurate photo.

It's actually Obama and White House staff having a going-away party.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Is it not in the code that burning the flag is considered a dignified way of disposal?

I'm not saying the protesters was dignified in burning the flag.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join