It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange agrees to return to the US for prosecution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes... Swedish law enforcement, who received complaints about perhaps the strangest kind of "sexual assault" I have ever heard of (lack of condom, or broken condom apparently is treated as equal to actual molestation), despite the fact that in the days after the supposed contact between the two complainants and Mr Assange, they allegedly texted back and forth about how great it is to know such a "cool" person.

Its also worth pointing out that one of the complainants has been known to be involved with CIA linked narco-terrorist and political organisations in South America, not to mention being reportedly an acquaintance of a CIA operative who was found guilty of bombing a passenger plane, with the loss of all on board, making the whole accusation seem just a little shady to me. Hanging around with US proxy armies and morally defunct spooks does not make for a particularly trustworthy accuser.

The thinking is that this accusation is merely a pretext for Assange to be transported to Sweden to face the trumped up charge, from whence he would probably be rendered to the States. People say it would be easier to get the UK government to transport him, or at least secure him and then have one of the US intelligence agencies render him, but the UK government cannot, at present, be seen to be involved in anti-liberty activity, because its people are already quite distrustful, and such activity could lead them to get the pitchforks out, so to speak, not to mention make the UK government an even greater target for non-government affiliated hacking, than it already represents.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I get what you're saying but there is a one problem

Our constitution doesn't Extend to other countries

edit on 1/18/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The US has probably promised protection if he gives up the goods on who all was feeding him information, I imagine there was a near miss attempt on his life that has convinced him doing so and entering witness protection is far preferable to being a martyr.

Just my 2 cps worth..

I believe that's probably accurate, I was thinking the same thing

They want info, what he knows, and about whom

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Are there charges pending against him. I keep thinking why. What for. I do not believe there are currently any charges against him and I don't think there is an extradition order in place either.
Correct me please.

Interesting. I'm trying to puzzle out the logic of the situation.
As far as I can see, Assange's statement, even if he stands by it, does not commit him to going to the U.S. until the Americans formulate charges and apply for extradition. There isn't really enough time left for Obama to do that himself. Therefore it comes down to what Trump decides to do.
Is it possible that Assange is simply bluffing, knowing full well that Trump won't do anything about it? Or that Trump is less likely to throw the book at him even if he does end up being extradited?

edit on 18-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Which mean's he will probably conveniently kill himself or have a heart attack/stroke while in US custody.

Doubtful, dead men don't give up secrets

He's too important and the repercussions could be disasterous. They don't know what he does and doesn't know

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Neither does your law and therefore no right or legal power to charge a foreigner with espionage unless they are on your soil in your country and acting in such a manner as a spy or agent of a foreign power would act, therefore the charge is bogus and politically motivated

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Which mean's he will probably conveniently kill himself or have a heart attack/stroke while in US custody.

Doubtful, dead men don't give up secrets

He's too important and the repercussions could be disasterous. They don't know what he does and doesn't know

Yes I was being sarcastic but truly am annoyed with those pushing for this as they are overstepping there international authority, they know they would make him a martyr but you know as do I there are people whom can and will break him and make him reveal what they want to know, other than the US the best at this in the world used to be the British intelligence service's (Whom also wan't this I am ashamed to say - they just want the US to take the flack for it of course).

edit on 18-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Also I do not doubt they will still have a dead mans switch set up... I know I would... it is way to easy to accidentally shoot yourself in the back of the head.

In his position I would probably give them everything they wanted but make certain from the start that my dead mans info stays in play till I die of old age.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Damn, Jeanine Pirro destroys the Russian narrative:

If they make the mistake of giving Assange the full attention of the press, in a trial, they will be done.

edit on 1/18/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

If they make the mistake of giving Assange the full attention of the press, in a trial, they will be done.

fixed it for you.

ETA: WoW she couldn't answer 1 single question without trying to twist it or distract from it completely.

edit on 1/18/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If Assange is forced to testify at trial and name his source for the DNC leaks & the Podesta emails, and it's not the Russians, he is going to destroy the leftist infiltrated Intelligence Community and delegitimize Obama in one fell swoop.

Not to mention a fitting coup de grace to the Democratic party.

Somebody in another thread said this was Obama calling Assange's bluff when it's really more like the other way around.

Correct. Can't wait for the Russian hack story to crumble and for the truth to come out. It's going to destroy the Democrats and the intelligence community leaders in one swoop.
If the 'trial' is held in secret then we'll know something is up.
Hopefully the deal Assange is cutting will ensure no such shenanigans.
edit on 18/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

fixed it for you.

ETA: WoW she couldn't answer 1 single question without trying to twist it or distract from it completely.

Are you serious?

That fat woman being interviewed made a fool of herself, blurting out unproven talking points of the left with nothing to back it up. She came across as an emotional and hysterical wreck.
t-2 days.
edit on 18/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

If Assange is forced to testify at trial and name his source for the DNC leaks & the Podesta emails, and it's not the Russians, he is going to destroy the leftist infiltrated Intelligence Community and delegitimize Obama in one fell swoop.

Somebody in another thread said this was Obama calling Assange's bluff when it's really more like the other way around.

Assange's source may very well be unrelated to Russia. That does not necessarily mean his source did not receive their info from Russian-backed hackers.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Assange's source may very well be unrelated to Russia. That does not necessarily mean his source did not receive their info from Russian-backed hackers.

It does if his friend is telling the truth - that he personally received the data in Washington from a member of the DNC.
If that can be proven then the Russian narrative collapses.
Unless you then start going further down the rabbit hole and say that the DNC staffer was a Russian mole... something which can be checked out.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It does if his friend is telling the truth - that he personally received the data in Washington from a member of the DNC.
If that can be proven then the Russian narrative collapses.
Unless you then start going further down the rabbit hole and say that the DNC staffer was a Russian mole... something which can be checked out.

There are a whole lot of 'ifs' that have to come to fruition for that to happen.

If his source is telling the truth.
If it can be proven.
If Assange is even willing to out his source.

Odds are slim, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have to point out that there is a very big difference between a commutation and a pardon. Mr Assange said he would come to the United States to go to court, he did not say he would go directly to jail and be happy enough with that. Thats bogus as far as I am aware.

Now... A commutation is not a pardon. A commutation merely releases a prisoner, before the term laid down by the sentencing in their case has elapsed. It does not wipe out their criminal record, it does not absolve them of criminal responsibility in a matter, they are still considered to have committed a crime, but are merely given back their liberty.

A pardon is literally a full wipe out. Not only is ones liberty returned to one, but further to that, one is considered from the moment of issue, not guilty of whatever charge one may have been convicted of. It not only overturns the guilty verdict which placed the individual in jail, but the trial entire, and from that moment of pardoning onward, the individual must be treated as any other law abiding citizen, for they will have no criminal record relating to the pardoned offence, meaning that anything they could have done before, which might rely on a clean record, they may do now.

Assange did not say that if Mannings sentence was commuted, he would make himself available to the US government. He said if Manning was PARDONED he would make himself available to the US government. Those are two very different things.

He actually tweeted clemency, not pardon or commutation. Clemency is exactly what Manning just was granted.
Original Tweet
I'm torn, I have no ill feelings towards Assange, and know if he turns himself in to either Sweden or the US he's going to face some sort of charges that likely will be made up. It's a possibility they may be true charges, but the sexual assault charges are SOP for discrediting an individual/organization. If he really raped someone he should face that same punishment everyday for the rest of his life, but without in my face evidence saying he actually did that it's hard to believe something that is unproven. If it was an open and shut case that news would be a lot more prevalent, so I really think the sexual charges are just allegations for discrediting him in general.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Interesting!

I ask because I'm simply not informed on the subject, but is Assange actually charged with anything in/by the United States??

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Nikola014

That's what I know for sure too. He's hiding from Swedish LE not U.S.

Dont know why.

Nordic prison are like luxury hotels compared to being stuck in a embassy.
edit on 18-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Someone on the pol/ board of 4chan made some predictions on this situation back on 01/12 when the original "offer" was made via wikileaks Twitter.

They were:
1. The Obama administration will accept next week (this week).
2. Trump is in on it.
3. Senate is also in on it.
4. Kremlin is in on it.
5. There will be photos of a man in a black hood during the trade (which most will assume to be Assange).
6. After the trade there will be an "official" looking announcement from wikileaks that the organization is closing its doors.
7. After closing there will be an announcement of some kind indicating that Assange has died.

No way to verify unless they come to pass. I still believe that Assange has either been dead or has been in custody since the DDoS attack.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The CT side of me thinks something is screwy with this...
Like there was a rendition operation followed by some reprogramming of Mr Assange.
Or wth, maybe he was replaced by a double after rendition occurred.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

You have a point in this age of greenscreens cgi and body doubles who knows whether hes alive or dead now that the election is over however his usefulness is over.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join