It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$52 Million Settlement Reached Over Dairy Industry’s Nationwide Price-Fixing Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I just found out about this and the settlement being offered until Jan. 31

Consumers in 15 states and the District of Columbia who purchased dairy products are now entitled to a portion of a $52 million settlement, culminating a massive antitrust lawsuit filed against the nation’s largest dairy producers who allegedly artificially inflated the price of milk and other dairy products by killing hundreds of thousands of cows, according to Hagens Berman.

To get your share of the settlement as per their website.

Affected consumers may choose to:

Submit a simple online claim form online or by mail by Jan. 31, 2017. The simple online claim form usually takes only 3-5 minutes. Claims may be submitted online at www.boughtmilk.com, or by mail to Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation, PO Box 43430, Providence, RI 02940-3430,

Exclude themselves,
File an objection, or
Attend the final approval hearing scheduled for Dec. 16, 2016.

Those who submit a claim may opt for cash, with no proof of purchase required. If final approval is granted to the settlement, class members who have filed valid and timely claims will receive cash payments distributed directly into an online account of their choosing, e.g., Amazon, PayPal or Google Wallet account.

www.hbsslaw.com... ixing-conspiracy-cow-killing

Quick option can be found here.
www.boughtmilk.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

alledged " victims " get $1.07 each - lawyers walk away with half the settlement

and people wonder why the US legal system is so flawed

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ah yes, the fine print. I've seen everywhere from $70 per person to a dollar. I think it is a foregone conclusion as to the wonderment. Most know exactly why.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Makes sense there would be price fixing as most have noted with the dairy industry. It's a no duh that class actions lawsuits really amount to nothing. I like how the site says "wait and enjoy", meanwhile the lawyers are being paid well.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Good find Jin

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. This is important for me, I work in the dairy industry.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
even after paying the $52 million settlement I wonder how much profit they made from price fixing?
It says they have been price fixing since 2003.I`m guessing they made enough to make it worth price fixing and dealing with the consequences if or when they get caught.

new topics

top topics

join