It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Trump Operative Roger Stone Survives Assassination Attempt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
That stuff is mortal in just 1 microgram... I think this is bs to be honest, surviving an intentional poisoning with polonium 210 would be like taking 10 bullets to the head and being ok to sell your book soon after...

Well Hillary did survive being under sniper fire and won every coin toss against Bernie , so maybe he is that kind of lucky?

or maybe Alex jones has outdid himself in BS click bait?
edit on 59131America/ChicagoWed, 18 Jan 2017 07:59:54 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: seasonal

I thought only the left are susceptible to, and exposed to fake news...

This is the epitome of fake news.

Well done.

Like many other vaunted examples of "fake news" on the internet, it is only such if you don't want to believe it because it harms your political/world outlook.

The truth of the matter, pushing aside all prejudices towards alt news radio show hosts, is that polonium will NOT kill you if it is absorbed in very minute amounts. It just makes you ill for a while. There is no hard evidence to indicate that Stone is lying, so in the absence of this evidence, it seems likely that he was given a warning for his assistance to Trump before the election by being administered a dose large enough to make him ill for a while but small enough not to kill him.

TruBrit said: "This is not some poison that works through the system and breaks down rapidly, like some of the fancier neurotoxins that are used to off people. This is radioactive material we are talking about, it hangs around, and it can be identified by its effects as well. Something smells fishy about this story".

What is fishy about this is not the story but some people's reaction to it in wanting to disbelieve it in the total absence of any evidence to indicate that Stone is lying. While polonium-210 is highly dangerous, it may surprise some to know that this radioactive material is found naturally in the human body due to low levels in the normal environment. Tobacco smokers also accumulate polonium isotope 210 in their lungs, and the radioactive substance is also present in the food chain, especially in seafood. A high enough dose of polonium by mouth will lead to acute radiation syndrome - the severity of which, and time to illness and death, depends on the amount of radioactive material absorbed. It has a half-life of 138 days. If Stone really was poisoned, it is quite possible that most of the isotope decayed, rendering it harmless, BEFORE he was administered it by drinking, eating, inhaling or absorbing it through broken skin, given the amount of time intervening from its manufacture in a nuclear lab to its administration.

Given that Stone was a political advisor to Trump, it is highly plausible that people either in the Clinton camp or "deep state" tried to kill him but did not give him enough to carry out the job. Or else they gave him a dosage to warn him off continuing to advise Trump. They would have used this method to make it obvious that it WAS a warning.

You can of course dismiss Stone's claim as a tall story to promote his book. But that is the epitome of prejudice that arbitrarily judges what is, and what is not, fake news.
edit on 18-1-2017 by micpsi because: typo corrected.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I thought only the left are susceptible to, and exposed to fake news...

This is the epitome of fake news.

Well done.

Like many other vaunted examples of "fake news" on the internet, it is only such if you don't want to believe it because it harms your political/world outlook.

The truth of the matter, pushing aside all prejudices towards alt news radio show hosts, is that polonium will NOT kill you if it is absorbed in very minute amounts. It just makes you ill for a while. There is no hard evidence to indicate that Stone is lying, so in the absence of this evidence, it seems likely that he was given a warning for his assistance to Trump before the election by being administered a dose large enough to make him ill for a while but small enough not to kill him.

TruBrit said: "This is not some poison that works through the system and breaks down rapidly, like some of the fancier neurotoxins that are used to off people. This is radioactive material we are talking about, it hangs around, and it can be identified by its effects as well. Something smells fishy about this story".

What is fishy about this is not the story but some people's reaction to it in wanting to disbelieve it in the total absence of any evidence to indicate that Stone is lying. While polonium-210 is highly dangerous, it may surprise some to know that this radioactive material is found naturally in the human body due to low levels in the normal environment. Tobacco smokers also accumulate polonium isotope 210 in their lungs, and the radioactive substance is also present in the food chain, especially in seafood. A high enough dose of polonium by mouth will lead to acute radiation syndrome - the severity of which, and time to illness and death, depends on the amount of radioactive material absorbed. It has a half-life of 138 days. If Stone really was poisoned, it is quite possible that most of the isotope decayed, rendering it harmless, BEFORE he was administered it by drinking, eating, inhaling or absorbing it through broken skin, given the amount of time intervening from its manufacture in a nuclear lab to its administration.

Given that Stone was a political advisor to Trump, it is highly plausible that people either in the Clinton camp or "deep state" tried to kill him but did not give him enough to carry out the job. Or else they gave him a dosage to warn him off continuing to advise Trump. They would have used this method to make it obvious that it WAS a warning.

You can of course dismiss Stone's claim as a tall story to promote his book. But that is the epitome of prejudice that arbitrarily judges what is, and what is not, fake news.

If roger stone was some upstanding citizen, rather than a guy famous specifically for being a conspiracy theory fame whore. TThen would agree with you...

Hell if it were some random person with no substantial record for or against them, I would agree in principle.

However saying "give roger stone the benefit of the doubt."

Is like saying maybe marvel comics are real and we should all start looking for peter Parker's Spider-Man.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
It's Alex jones, I know this has been said, but the fact he's somehow gained credibility because he was a big Trump supporter is maddening

If Trump and his supporters want to be taken seuoisly they need to separate themselves from these two both Jones and Stone

This doesn't instill confidence

This sort of thing and association makes them all look looney toons

Alex Jones is the perfect spokesman for Trump and his followers, he mirrors perfectly the mindset, unreasonable paranoia and BS finger pointing to avoid responsibility. It's very very very sad, believe me, that's what really really smart people tell me....sad.
edit on 18-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi
Stop using critical thinking, considering other stories and info is threatening.

I can see the book as a mark against the story, but I will not dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think Roger story could be true.... Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned not once, but twice. He survived the first attack... the second attack not so much.

edit on 18-1-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I think the world we live in with the veneer of fairness and order is a weaponized media created construct.

If the "major" media did their job, we would be in much better shape.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I think Roger story could be true.... Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned not once, but twice. He survived the first attack... the second attack not so much.

All kinda stuff could be true.. doesn't mean it is. Lol.

The nazi's COULD have been the good guys, but all evidence points the opposite direction.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I would love to know where you got the idea of two instances of Polonium 210 poisoning. As far as anyone has ever revealed in public, the only incident in which Mr Litvinenko was found to have ingested the radionuclide concerned, was when he met with two Russian agents in a cafe, who spiked his tea with the stuff, contaminating the scene with the stuff in the process. The poison is thought to have been sprayed into the tea from some sort of small canister, similar to an asthma inhaler in operation.

This is the first I have heard of a secondary event, so I would love to hear more. If you could establish context by way of placing this event along a timeline of the other known events, it would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The most sinister aspect of assassination by polonium poisoning is that it is OVERTLY done. Other than the fact that it most certainly will kill you, in a most agonizing and miserable way, it is intended to send a clear message from the assassin to the victim and everyone. It's not a method used to kill covertly, or to be covered up. It's easily identifiable and traceable. It is also in part why it is so extremely rare.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hair samples can show a timeline of exposure to Polonium 210, plus it correlates to Litvinenko first dose in October.

www.bbc.com...

He had recalled feeling unwell around the time of a meeting at a security company in mid-October and "vomiting on one occasion about two or three weeks before being hospitalised," Mr Tam said.

"Hair samples that are available indicate that Mr Litvinenko may well have been poisoned twice and that the first occasion being much less severe than the second."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Alexander Litvinenko 'was poisoned twice with polonium-210' inquiry hears

Samples of his hair proved that polonium had entered his body on two separate occasions weeks apart, the inquiry into his death in 2006 was told.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My dad is a 90 yr old Research scientist, Microbiologist, and chemist, and also has a medical background. He believes this story and says Polonium 210 is traceable and the perpetrators will be caught, if they are not executed first by their handlers
edit on 18-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I was waiting for him to say he was poisoned with botulism, listeria or something like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Plausible if he vomited the element up before it was absorbed.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hmmm... so they under dosed him the first time around?

Tricky to do, considering how lethal the stuff is. Just a tiny amount is absolutely lethal!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Using fake news to sell books...... sounds about right!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't believe any of this--specifically--really, but I believe it's fact people are poisoned, killed and assassinated across the world for different reasons. There're lots of socio and psychopathic people who'll kill with the right circumstnaces, especially if it's for their clic. To some amount, we're all that way. Whether it be our family, our church, our friends or even our country, we're more likely to lie or cheat for them than some other group.

This may seem pessimistic, maybe it's. I'll say it anyway. These struggles are a part of life and can't be avoided. It's how the universe works. I believe there're laws govern matter and energy and these pertain to lifeforms too. Some amount of chaos and order will always exist. In eithers' absence, we don't exist.

It's a hard reality to accept. And yet death--or non-existence--is our only other option. These're the raw facts. So our instinct is to turn to belief and/or purpose. Some of us believe in God. Some of us believe in making humanity's lot better each generation. We find purpose. We have to. It makes it worth it. It's that final link in the chain to keep us going and looking ahead.
edit on 1/20/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join