It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Black Panther speaks against John Lewis and Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You already have this idea in that the Democrats are horrible for the black community, and this man in the OP/video cements your own views and offers "proof" that hey -- even other black people don't like Lewis!

Yeah keep telling yourself that. We all know what LBJ said. And he was right. They fell for it hook line and sinker.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

KILLED MLK...created KKK...NOW divisionary to establish more of a control state as can be seen by their rampant and HILARIOUS fanaticism....YEAH it looks that way....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: liveandlearn

And it seems you prove my point.

You see this man as self-affirming your own beliefs, your own statements above confirm that fact.

You already have this idea in that the Democrats are horrible for the black community, and this man in the OP/video cements your own views and offers "proof" that hey -- even other black people don't like Lewis!

As I said, offering up a former Black Panther as "proof" that Lewis is working with some oppressor is spin. Plain spin. It's racially motivated spin to give a viewer the impression that black people don't like John Lewis.

May I start out by saying I naively never thought this thread would go down this line. My bad here.

When a black protester of the 60's, one who was fully aware what was going on in the day can come out and admit that the ones who claim to be for the black community have done nothing for that community other than build theirself up and line their pocket, I take notice.

I was once a democrat, then republican, then independent.

All the protests took place when i was a child and teen. I have only been witness to what has taken place since LBJ and yes indeed he did affirm my independent long held belief.

most southern states were democratic at the time including LBJ's state of Texas and vary racist. I grew up and live in that state. He had no desire to help them but "to put them where we want them". Essentially to keep them enslaved and not be able to rise. Some have proved him wrong.

You are too attached to your party. I have been willing to change as the parties changed. But then I suspect I am much older than you and have had time and willingness to learn.

Notice my sig

<< 1   >>

join