It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders to Betsy DeVos: Would You Be Here If You Weren't A Multi-Billionaire?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There was once a farmer, He named his Cow Betsy.

I guess Billionaires really can't control everything!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: seasonal

Good old, I mean OLD, Bernie!

Here's something many people need to understand, the wealthy elites don't give a damn about you. They don't care, at all. At all! They don't empathize with the everyday man, woman, and child. They were born into wealth and have no idea what it's like to struggle. All they know is luxury and greed. We know what they want, they want more for themselves and less for everyone else. What they don't want is a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that.

And the funny thing is, I don't think Bernie gives a damn either. He's a brand.

I mean does he open the doors to two of his homes to anyone in need?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Would you open your doors my fellow ATSer? That man marched on Washington to help those that needed it. That speeks valumes to his intent. He says it like it is.a reply to: Wardaddy454

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
He's right though, similarly as her likely education was a breeze with the ease of family money. I like how she talks in circles so to speak to evade the reason he is trying to demonstrate to her.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

She wants Christian education in public schools. Enuff said.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
She did talk in circles about how important things are with out saying if she was actually for any specific issue. Sucks.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Carlin, during the segment referred to, mentions the "Owners" of the country, and also refers to the elected officialdom as meaning nothing, being a puppet show designed to keep people distracted from the red, white and blue shaft with which they are being harried at the rear, so to speak.

On that point he was dead right, because the system is rigged to keep the rich, rich, and make being anything else harder than the faces on Mt. Rushmore. Listen to the whole segment if you get the chance, Swills named it for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I do not know.

What I do know is that he actually advocates for the rights of the citizens who need advocacy the most, rather than getting on whatever corporate bandwagon suits his pocket book.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Draining the swamp of gators and filling it with crocodiles.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Good old, I mean OLD, Bernie!

Here's something many people need to understand, the wealthy elites don't give a damn about you. They don't care, at all. At all! They don't empathize with the everyday man, woman, and child. They were born into wealth and have no idea what it's like to struggle. All they know is luxury and greed. We know what they want, they want more for themselves and less for everyone else. What they don't want is a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that.

And the funny thing is, I don't think Bernie gives a damn either. He's a brand.

I mean does he open the doors to two of his homes to anyone in need?

Letting someone stay in your home rent free isn't the only way to support people less fortunate than yourself and you know it. Bernie's voting record and beliefs speak for themselves.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How can billionaires get any wealthier without government help? The working class don't have much more to give up or retirees. No talk or bills in Congress to encourage good paying jobs so people can afford health insurance. Just pastor trump tweeting about how tough his life is.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

a reply to: GreyScale

No I'm not. The wealthy elites who control our political system don't care about you.

And Carlin wasn't just talking about politicians. Feel free to search for American Dreams Carlin on YouTube.

I've been in his audience, I'm aware of the reference.

You swing the term ~wealthy elites~ around like they are all the same. They're not.

So again, you're full of crap. But I understand if you don't understand that.

After all, what would a liberal do if they couldn't just pigeonhole every single human being into the particular box that they needed them to be in, so then they could be told by their owners how to treat that particular box.

Grouping is a bad progressive thing. It needs to stop.
But...but you just grouped him! So since you're pigeonholing liberals, and that's clearly something only liberals do, then you must BE a liberal! Spurious reasoning is spurious.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Who cares?

Can she do the job?

I know she's a proponent for school vouchers so that would help inner-city youths.

I guess Ol' Bernie wants to keep urban areas separate.

Racist old communist.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

They can get wealthier by taking over smaller companies, exploiting workers in the US and 3rd world labor pools. You can see the record profits in large corps even while cutting wages, jobs and benefits.

What we maybe seeing is the end game, like you said it is in critical mass. No more exploitation of US workers, becasue there is little left to twist and take.

So we find ourselves in a pickle, and Trump is saying he is going to make us great again. This will take years.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed, I think Bernie is literally for the average guy and gal. I would have had a hard time voting for him or Trump. It really could have been a coin toss.

I think that the system needs a huge stock or jolt to interrupt the stench of oligarchy that is forming.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Bernie hates anyone who actually made money and he didn't get it. Luckily he probably won;t be around for another election. Think an accident or serious health issue awaits him in the next year or two.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Bernie should have been the true winner of the Presidency. He is everything Trump promises to be without all the ego and bluster.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The ego and bluster is not a problem for me.

I am concerned about anti-trust laws.

From my perspective the too big to fail is a puke filled bag that was tossed in the tax payers lap. Guess what, that is what the stupid anti trust laws are there to keep from happening. Apply them.

Again I leaned to Bernie/Trump. I strongly dislike every president we have had since Reagan.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well seeing as how the Republicans in charge are all gung-ho about repealing Dodd-Frank, I doubt there will be a crackdown on anti-trust laws in the coming 4 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Would you show me some evidence, which explicitly depicts Mr Sanders as a person who looks poorly upon success? Because I do not get that impression of him. He seems to value success so broadly, that he wants everyone to be able to have the advantages in life, which lead success to be readily gained from ones efforts, as opposed to the current situation, in which there is more luck than judgement involved in the process. The kind of luck which dictates where you are born, go to school, where one is relative to the number of jobs, whether one has to care for ones sick parent, with no money, no time, and no peace in which to work on ones future... stuff like that.

He is simply not in denial about success and what makes or breaks it, he knows that many of the United States richest people would not have had the success they have, without having been very lucky, more than a few times, in matters like their financial status at birth, and so on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join