It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders to Betsy DeVos: Would You Be Here If You Weren't A Multi-Billionaire?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Betsy Devos thinks she would be where she was even if she and her family were not billionaires. I doubt that.

She didn't answer the question about free college from raising taxes for billionaires. (why not say no?)

Universal child care she also didn't answer about her "strong feelings" about the issue. (why not say no ?)She is very good at slipping questions.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good old, I mean OLD, Bernie!

Here's something many people need to understand, the wealthy elites don't give a damn about you. They don't care, at all. At all! They don't empathize with the everyday man, woman, and child. They were born into wealth and have no idea what it's like to struggle. All they know is luxury and greed. We know what they want, they want more for themselves and less for everyone else. What they don't want is a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Got a little Carlin.

You and I agree on this one. I almost laughed when she she said she thought she would be there if she wasn't a billionaire.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Impressive, you recognize my Carlin quotes. Very nice. I always want to post the clip from his show but ATS doesn't like cussing.

Well, you're right to laugh because this is a small example of how out of touch these elites are. Jesus, her family donated over 200 million to Republicans over the years. I'm sure that family isn't at all looking for political favors to benefit themselves...
edit on 17-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Good old, I mean OLD, Bernie!

Here's something many people need to understand, the wealthy elites don't give a damn about you. They don't care, at all. At all! They don't empathize with the everyday man, woman, and child. They were born into wealth and have no idea what it's like to struggle. All they know is luxury and greed. We know what they want, they want more for themselves and less for everyone else. What they don't want is a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that.

You're full of crap.

I've family members that have never had to work and never will have to. They are cradle to grave entitled because of what their forefathers did. Most of them are pretty screwed up, a lot of them are liberal and there are the few that have a brain in their heads and try to give back in any way possible. Those few have hospital wings named after them, local parks, bridges. Not like our "liberal" side of the family. So if you're going to whine about people with money not giving a crap, it's because they are from your political ideology... they are JUST LIKE YOU except they have money and you never will.

As for the Carlin quote, it's about POLITICIANS. Trust you to not know the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

No I'm not. The wealthy elites who control our political system don't care about you.

And Carlin wasn't just talking about politicians. Feel free to search for American Dreams Carlin on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Some people hate what they wish they were.

Bottom line. If want to build something successful, don't surround yourself with people that are not successful. It becomes matter of relying on people becoming successful who don't deserve it or can't handle it in order to guarantee your own success.

That's why losers always bring people down.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No I'm not. The wealthy elites who control our political system don't care about you.

And Carlin wasn't just talking about politicians. Feel free to search for American Dreams Carlin on YouTube.

I've been in his audience, I'm aware of the reference.

You swing the term ~wealthy elites~ around like they are all the same. They're not.

So again, you're full of crap. But I understand if you don't understand that.

After all, what would a liberal do if they couldn't just pigeonhole every single human being into the particular box that they needed them to be in, so then they could be told by their owners how to treat that particular box.

Grouping is a bad progressive thing. It needs to stop.
edit on 22Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:12:36 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-17T22:12:36-06:00pmTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: Clarity.. I forgot who I was typing to

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But Senator... it's all about results from real solutions.
Do you think the Congress would ever pass a 1% transaction
tax on stock trades-- that would balance the books and indeed
produce a budget surplus-- if they weren't all owned by billionaires?

Besides, I don't think Bernie would even be there to ask questions
unless he himself was purchased along the way. More liberal outrage
while they keep demanding more slavery for everyone but them...

And Betsy lastly is the progressives' worst nightmare... she wants to
get the communist change agents OUT of the public school system.
They call it privatization. I call it parent's choice for a change.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

No, I dislike the oligarchy that is forming. I have no problem with wealth, only it's unchecked influence.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He literally says, forget the politicians. The politicians are there to give you the illusion you have a choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything.

I'm not full of crap. Welcome to ATS. You have a lot to learn.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I remember hearing Carlin go on and on. It wasn't until I was old enough to see that there are owners, and they do want happy little workers. But only smart enough to make the economy go vroom vroom to make them all that sweet sweet $$$.

And the sickest thing is war and the false flags that are not talked about even though proven factual. Because as we all know, war is big $$$$.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
dp
edit on 17-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No, I dislike the oligarchy that is forming. I have no problem with wealth, only it's unchecked influence.

You can't do much without the help of those with influence. Hiring SJW's to influence anything will just get the door slammed in your face. Everyone Trump has recruited is top of their game. It wouldn't make much sense as a CEO to seek anything but.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

When I say forming, I was not referring to Trump admin. I was talking about the lobbying, super packs and pay to play type situations.
Now maybe in a year or 2 of Trump I will be crying all over my key board about his oligarchy.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Having a billion dollars is pretty cool, but it's not unique. It's only money, after all. Think bigger, Bernie, think about family and security and trust. Something unique, something special, would be if Betsy DeVos' brother was the founder of the worlds most powerful private global security firm.
edit on 18-1-2017 by lakespirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Were I a Woman with a billionaire dollars and a name like Betsy

I'd change my name.
edit on 18-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I GUARANTEE YOU that Bernie Sanders will still be healthy, vibrant and FIESTY in 2020 as he is today. Maybe even more so than Donald Trump by that time!

link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Her birth name is Elizabeth. Much better IMO. I guess Betsy makes her sound less pompous.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Certainly wealthier..........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join