It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Recalls All Aircraft Carriers back to US, None At Sea Anywhere

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't know if this is true. I didn't see it on the local and this is a military city with bases numbering over seventy installations in this area. When ships are coming in its a big big deal. Everybody goes out to greet them. (Well not everybody but it's news)
I did however hear that troops are being deployed to Norway who has a long long border with Russia. I also heard of deployments in Estonia And Poland and a few other eastern European countries that border Russia.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I do remember a few years ago there were five in NAS at one time. Maintenance.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

Wrong, the Navy had the opportunity to perform the maintenance regardless of sequestration, and put their priorities elsewhere. Navy issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have no opinion on this. I will say that I learned a great deal just reading the posts from the members in the know. Thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Wrong, the Navy had the opportunity to perform the maintenance regardless of sequestration, and put their priorities elsewhere. Navy issue.

Im still waiting for the OP to show how the thread title is true and no random internet video doesnt make it so.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

TRUTH OR FICTION?

Yep there were no Carriers deployed for a few short days. I see no proof that Obama recalled them, more like their standard rotation was delayed. No worries.

another source

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Faux News at it again.

www.truthorfiction.com...

The USS John C. Stannis was spotted headed south on December 23, 2016, off the coast of Washington. The carrier had been in Hawaii for the observance of the 75th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks and was headed to Naval Base Kitsap in Bremerton, Washington, for maintenance.

The USS George Washington returned to port at the Newport News Shipyard on December 17, 2016, for a ground-up overhaul. The 25-year-old ship was taken out of commission to be gutted, rebuilt and modernized, which was called routine midlife maintenance.

The USS Harry Truman returned to its homeport at Naval Station Norfolk on December 23, 2016, after completing an 8-month deployment in the Persian Gulf and off the coasts of Africa and Europe, Military.com reports.

The USS Ronald Reagan returned to Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan on November 16, 2016, after a 3-month patrol in the western Pacific, Stars and Stripes reports.

The USS George HW Bush returned to Norfolk Naval Shipyard for maintenance in June 2015, it departed for sea trials in July 2016, and the carrier war reportedly being readied to deploy to the Middle East to support airstrikes against ISIS at the end of December 2016.

The USS Abraham Lincoln completed a four-year, $4 billion ground-up overhaul in 2016, and its crew had started moving back aboard by February 2016. We couldn’t find any status about the ship’s status or scheduled deployment at the time of publication — and the Navy can be tight-lipped about these things.

As of December 30, 2016, crew aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt were conducting exercises in the U.S. 3rd fleet area — 50 million square miles of eastern and northern Pacific Ocean — following its six-month Planned Incremental Availability.

The USS Carl Vinson departed for deployment in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region on January 3, 2017. The strike group was expected to conduct exercises in “anti-submarine warfare, maneuvering drills, gunnery exercises, and board, search and seizure subject matter expert exchanges,” the Navy said in a statement.

The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower returned to its homeport of Norfolk Naval Shipyard on December 30, 2016, Richmond.com reports.

The USS Nimitz was expected to depart on its first deployment in three years in 2017. It’s expected to depart Naval Base Kitsap-Bremrton in early summer 2017 after undergoing 22 months of maintenance and modernization, the Kitsap Sun reports.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

There was about a week when they were either all in port, or just off the coast doing workups. Eisenhower returned home December 28th, leaving no deployed groups, and Vinson left the 5th, heading to WESTPAC.

I'm sure you're right Zaph.

My post and info related to same was essentially real-time as of the time of my post.

It's not normally something I would know about or concern myself with unless it involved a joint ops "exercise" that includes those assets. I just checked because the OP sounded sincere and it was bothersome to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

People keep saying THE Ukraine.

When the region formerly known as “The Ukraine” split off from the old Soviet Union, it declared its preference for dropping the article, and the country is now properly called simply “Ukraine.”

word usage

I'm just trying to nip it in the bud before everyone goes full retard with their use of the English language.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

It has been in the news since 12-30-16
No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well I disagree they had to make choices they had commitments and they had no money it was Obama who cut the defense budget not the Navy

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

They had the budget to at least perform the required PIAs that they skipped. The funding for an RCOH was harder to get, but they weren't even doing the post cruise PIAs. They were bringing them home, basically replacing the non-skid and any minor repairs, and sending them back out. The money was there for the maintenance but they chose to skip it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

They had the budget to at least perform the required PIAs that they skipped. The funding for an RCOH was harder to get, but they weren't even doing the post cruise PIAs. They were bringing them home, basically replacing the non-skid and any minor repairs, and sending them back out. The money was there for the maintenance but they chose to skip it.

Why then? Why not change the oil in your car on time? Priorities i guess.

I had heard that the expected maintrnance was sttetched out to save monies for ops due to sequestration. I guess not

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Its known

mg

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: opethPA

No, that is why I asked if this is hog wash.

Yea right. So if I titled a thread: "Trump Declares His Allegiance to ISIS on National TV While Defiling a 6yo Boy" and laid-out the BS 'facts' and then said is this hogwash that would be OK with you? BS. Your agenda is clear.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've got a nephew on one of them and they're definitely not in port.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The bush is on deployment right now. There's no carrier gap. Also the picture they're showing is from around November or December 2012. Only reason I know that for certain is I was there for that...and it sucked. I was on the enterprise doing Decom preps(third carrier from the bottom). Traffic was miserable.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join