It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Recalls All Aircraft Carriers back to US, None At Sea Anywhere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
According to the video this is the first time since world war II that no American aircraft carrier has been deployed. The military says that there is additional air power that can be deployed in the middle east if needed.
The video goes on to talk about possible scenarios China could invade Taiwan, North to South Korea, Russia could take the Ukraine.......
Maybe this is protocol for the changing of the guards? Or is this hog wash and there is no truth to this?

This isn't 100% true.

There are more in port than usual, but they are not all in port.

As to the rest of your post, I'll leave it to someone else to answer...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Donald Trump is the type of President that the military (From Top to Bottom) has prayed for. Maybe the field commanders gave everyone a few days off to celebrate his inauguration on U.S. soil.

They'll probably be heading out to kick serious azz in Iran, Syria, Korea and ISIS countries soon anyway. The ships are filling up to the brim with state-of-the-art weaponry. Countries that phuck with America will get ONE warning to stop...after the first precision missile has already zapped that country's leader into the next life.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can agree with that. He is not going to draw red lines then dither.

I have a feeling there will be one poor idiot leader that will be made an example of.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

There was about a week when they were either all in port, or just off the coast doing workups. Eisenhower returned home December 28th, leaving no deployed groups, and Vinson left the 5th, heading to WESTPAC.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This really isn't the huge deal it's being blown into. As FredT said, if they had been needed they could have surged at least two immediately, and more within a week or two.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I agree

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I can agree with that. He is not going to draw red lines then dither.

I have a feeling there will be one poor idiot leader that will be made an example of.

Seasonal, I agree with you too. I like your posts. I have added you as a friend

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

To me it seems odd. There is a reason we move that much power to areas all over the world, that is quick response and deterrent.
It seems we were not our best when all this maintenance was happening. But as you said this is a redundant platform, and there are other things in many areas so no biggy.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

They could get away with delaying the maintenance for awhile, but like most of our military, it caught up to them. If you think the carriers are bad you should see some other platforms right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They're also finding some odd corrosion that isn't consistent from hull to hull.

That will be from the battle against the alien invasion off San Francisco.

Chinese ships will have this same type of corrosion.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
it`s obvious isn`t it? with trump as the president everyone is too afraid to mess with the U.S. let those carriers sit there for the next 8 years we won`t be needing them.

Winner!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I don't care what you call it. He has NOTHING to do with day to day operations or maintenance schedules. I get you don't like him, and he's done a lot I don't agree with but this is pathetic to say he's responsible for this. This is nothing but bad leadership by the Navy.

Wrong....sequestration ......port visit for maintenence stretched out lack of funds.......DIRECT POTUS ISSUE

Should have more carriers........

edit on 18-1-2017 by edsinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It is tradition to keep at least half your fleet at sea and safe from being all the egg's in one basket and at known location's so this is actually a tactical error if true.

OK the aircraft carriers are actually outdated and outmoded technology these day's with anti ship missile's become very more prevalent but they still serve as a vital show of force and also a utilitarian staging area so there is still a place for them on the high sea's.

I am British but this made me very concerned, yes the Chinese may invade Taiwan, the annexation of more and more ocean territory can also be seen as a way or enforcing a potential blockade around the disputed territory, the truth is that Taiwan see themselves as Chinese and they are such but they are the remnant as you know of the Chinese nationalist's while China's mainland completely fell under communist dominion, they also still hold claim to China therefore and are the last vestiges of the other legitimate Chinese government so Taiwan's China relation's are a very complicated and I dare say in house matter though with vested interests and agreement's if China invades taiwan other nation's including the us are treaty obliged to militarily come to there aid.

What exactly is Obama up to?.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Why would Obama line up or cluster Americas assets as happened at Pearl Harbor?

Why?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Trump is going to retro-fit them all with Neutral-Dimension Generators and they will soon all be airborn platforms capable of "UFO' speeds and manouvers,including off-planet and underwater capability.

500 Million small black boxes.....one in every home and business and NA is energy free...absolute freedom from the energy cartels ....if anyone can do it in 24 months Trump can.No more cars,only simple craft with as many moving parts as a moped ,using non-polluting ND-Gens.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That will be from the battle against the alien invasion off San Francisco.

Anyone have a link for this battle, I missed it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I do indeed!

Care of veterans today..

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Bring the fleet in to port to equip them with new technology to fight the alien army would be my guess as to what happened.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The exploitation that I've read is because they Russians have superior technology which in some way causes technology on broad the ship to fail so they are replacing all the copper wire in those ship with fibre optics.

It seems US military technology was nutralised twice in Syria.

There is brief write up on it here: 82.221.129.208...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Another thought is that the Commander-in-Chief could be expanding his "scorched earth" departure from the Presidency. Maybe Commander Obama is having the CIA put sugar in the carrier fuel tanks, to make Trump's Navy look incompetent after the vessels sputter and stall-out, in mid-ocean next week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join