It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Recalls All Aircraft Carriers back to US, None At Sea Anywhere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
According to the video this is the first time since world war II that no American aircraft carrier has been deployed. The military says that there is additional air power that can be deployed in the middle east if needed.
The video goes on to talk about possible scenarios China could invade Taiwan, North to South Korea, Russia could take the Ukraine.......
Maybe this is protocol for the changing of the guards? Or is this hog wash and there is no truth to this?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Where is the proof about Obama specifically calling all air craft carriers back to port?

Then again, it doesnt matter because random dude on Interwebz can see the risk that the Navy cant so we should be worried.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This is false. My friend is deployed until June. He flys jets for the Navy.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Several were in for extensive maintenance. One just went to sea in the Pacific. They were all in port for inspection, maintenance, or refueling. The enemy missed their chance.

link   

If true then why did the uss Carl Vinson depart for pacific deployment the first week of January?

link   

originally posted by: bgrenual

Which carrier is he deployed on?

link   
a reply to: bgrenual

Yea my buddy is in the marines and has been on a few in various place around the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgrenual

or He could be in for one hell of a surprise on his way back.

Well story link involves a Youtube and foxnews link. the only way it could get better is if cnn ran it as front page news and had snope fact check it.

edit on 41131America/ChicagoTue, 17 Jan 2017 20:41:31 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bgrenual

I know squat about deployments, but couldn't his ship be in a different port?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's not false, from what I read it was just some oddity that happened the first week of the year because the bush carrier had some issue to be deployed, this was news 20ish days ago.

Eta: Obama recalling seems to be bs but no carrier at sea did happen.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wrong. This isn't the first time it's happened, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Obama "calling them home". There was a carrier gap in the Persian Gulf last year, before the Eisenhower deployed when no carriers were deployed anywhere. The carrier fleet has seen 15 years of continuous use, and have pushed their maintenance to the point where it was either bring them home, and put them through maintenance, or keep pushing them until there was a major failure leaving one crippled somewhere. As pointed out, the Carl Vinson sailed to WestPac heading to the Gulf, but there are currently no carriers there, for the second time in two years.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All that is fine, but the president would have been briefed that all our heavy hitting assets are not at sea. And the buck stops right there.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ask the Navy
The Carl Vinson is deploying to the Western Pacific.
The Theodore Roosevelt is training near its home port of San Diego.
The rest are in their home ports.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So now you're so desperate to blame Obama that he's responsible for day to day operations of the military? That's pretty bad.

Yes he was briefed, but he had nothing to do with the NAVY deciding to keep pushing the ships until there was no choice in the matter but to bring them home. The ultimate deployment schedule for each ship is up to the Pentagon, not the president.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Ok and blame is such a dirty word, I would say responsible.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
it`s obvious isn`t it? with trump as the president everyone is too afraid to mess with the U.S. let those carriers sit there for the next 8 years we won`t be needing them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

All that is fine, but the president would have been briefed that all our heavy hitting assets are not at sea. And the buck stops right there.

Sigh.

You spend plenty of time using google when you post many threads, why not use it for this story?

This is why everyone is losing it with these b.s stories.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

So basically you are just looking for something to pin on Obama and some random guy on the Internet trying to create something out of nothing is good enough to do that for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I don't care what you call it. He has NOTHING to do with day to day operations or maintenance schedules. I get you don't like him, and he's done a lot I don't agree with but this is pathetic to say he's responsible for this. This is nothing but bad leadership by the Navy.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No, that is why I asked if this is hog wash.

What I know from dealing with large pieces of industrial equipment, If I were Obama I would have made some inquest into (maybe he did) to why these important maintenance things are not straddled so we are still protecting what we should.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join