It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - If President Obama was WHITE ObamaCare Would Not Be In Such Trouble.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

There are hidden implications.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No there aren't.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

There are hidden implications.

Um. You realize that what you are saying is that if Obama's name is polarizing it must be because of race - that is what YOU are implying? The article DOES NOT imply or say anything about race to my eyes...so it must be something in the eyes of the beholder...

Think about that...

Please...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I read the link provided.

I think it's more insulting than ever.

The article implies that if it wasn't named "Obamacare" then "ACA" would have sucked less.

You can put hot fudge on a dog turd, but that won't make it a Sundae. But according to leftists, people would eat it up if you did.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If Barrack Obama were White , he would be Unemployed and Looking for Any Job he could get to Feed his Family , his Health Care would consist of a First Aid Kit and " Grin And Bear It " Medication because No one in Washington gives a Fook About his Sorry Working Class White Ahass .
edit on 17-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

There are a whole lot of Trump supporters out there covered by the ACA who think that it's not Obamacare. When they lose their insurance, they're gonna be surprised.

Sums it up.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Anything the Government creates is the OPPOSITE of what it is named. The Affordable Care Act is NOT affordable and the Patriot Act is NOT patriotic.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Really. That is what you got out of it...

It is about perception of the law not the enactment of the law. It worked great for some people.

That it didn't work great for you doesn't mean that it is a "turd." It means that if Congress did their job, they would adjust the law to be more fair to you, if that is possible (I'm not 100% sure what you want out of healthcare so that's a tough one.) I have GREAT insurance that I'm most likely going to lose.

So far, the Republican "plan" is to take my insurance away and give me airy-fairy promises of "something great!" I have a kid who needs massive surgery at some point in the near future and life-long very expensive care.

Which sucks more for me, do you think??

So I guess you are right. It really IS insulting...to Obama anyway...and to those of us who have loved ones and friends who can have insurance because of the very thing you hate.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'm sorry that you have it tough.

But how many people have to deal with crappy insurance because it's good for you?

Insurance was great for me before Obamacare. Now it sucks.

Now it's very expensive.

This is a topic that will never be settled because it is personal to everyone of us.

You will cheer for what is best for you.

I will cheer for what is best for me.

There is no compromise in this.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My. Point. Is. I. Don't. Want. You. Or. Anyone. To. Have. Crappy. Insurance.

I'm assuming you don't want me to go without it, nor my child. We are reasonable people!

I want a Congress that puts your healthcare and my healthcare first. Politics be damned.

I am not the problem here, and you are not the problem here.

It would be great if both of us could be happy and have what we need, no?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think that's the whole point of the political circus we've watched unfold over the years, to harp on about subjective issues so that no compromise can be made between people.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

My. Point. Is. I. Don't. Want. You. Or. Anyone. To. Have. Crappy. Insurance.

But I do, so do millions of others.

So yay for you I suppose.

We can talk about "everyone" having great insurance that is inexpensive.

Hope that happens.

I also hope that my lottery ticket will make me a millionaire.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

I think that's the whole point of the political circus we've watched unfold over the years, to harp on about subjective issues so that no compromise can be made between people.

Compromise on healthcare will be impossible.

Someone is going to end up taking it in the ass.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I almost got excited then realized who is going to be taking it. Sucks too because I'm almost out of lube.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's going to be the American people because we have a "for profit" healthcare system. Insurance, pharmaceuticals, corporate hospitals etc. anyone that thinks Trump is gonna change that is a fool.

I'm gonna invest in insurance companies and med instrument corps.....business as usual amigo. You get what you pay for....
edit on 17-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You are quite the Debbie Downer!!

I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

(I was going to ask for a productive conversation about what would work best for you but then realized that wasn't going to happen. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, because I don't think it has to be that way. *shrug*)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
let the ignorant liberal MSM believe what they want to believe don`t try to correct them it`s too much fun watching them make jackasses of themselves with these insane conspiracies and destroying their credibility.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Of all of the things I won't miss about Obama, the race card is at the top of the list.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Of all of the things I won't miss about Obama, the race card is at the top of the list.

It will just be replaced by hatred of all things Hispanic. It's already started....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

His name maybe? That's the point of the article, having his name attached to it, not his skin color. Did you even read it or are you just seeing something you WANT to see but isn't there? Because race didn't come up even once in the article you posted, not once.

Quit with the race baiting.

It's beneficial to learn how to read between the lines, LumenImagoDei.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join