It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - If President Obama was WHITE ObamaCare Would Not Be In Such Trouble.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
January 17, 2017

The liberal media is now saying that if the Affordable Care Act wasn't nicknamed "ObamaCare", it would not be in danger of being repealed. Are they now implying that if President Obama was a WHITE President, there wouldn't such a public backlash against the wonderful Affordable Care Act?? Does everything have to boil down to RACE when it comes to Obama?

""'Obamacare' was such a catchy nickname for the 2010 healthcare reform law. Headline writers love it, and President Barack Obama decided to embrace it when his Republican enemies coined the term.

But the memorable handle may have done more harm than good for Obama's signature policy, now in the process of being repealed before he even leaves office.""

-CareWeMust
edit on 1/17/2017 by carewemust because: misc correction

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Liberal Media - If President Obama was WHITE ObamaCare Would Not Be In Such Trouble.

Probably the second most dumbest thing I heard today.

(sorry, "mediocre negro" comes first)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Like hell.
THAT plan caused AMERICA'S hours to get knocked back to part time.
Skin is dead, LONG live meritocracy!
edit on 17-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Where in the world did you get the idea that they were saying anything about race?

You guys are really grasping at straws with this race baiting. I didn't see anything in that article talking about race, could you quote it in case I missed it?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

These idiots are idiots.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. "Mediocre Negro" takes the prize for today! Tomorrow, they'll have something even stupider to say.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It'll be clear who actually reads the article in this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Where in the world did you get the idea that they were saying anything about race?

You guys are really grasping at straws with this race baiting. I didn't see anything in that article talking about race, could you quote it in case I missed it?

Thank-goodness it wasn't called BarackCare. Maybe it's not about RACE. What else about Barack Obama would make the vast majority of Americans not like a health reform plan named after Him?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

The ones being outraged over something that was never even said in the article to begin with?

Only reason I can see someone turning this article into a racial thing is either a guilty conscience or ignorance.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
But I thought Obama was so popular? If he's so popular then this nickname should be saving the law, not dooming it.

They can't have it both ways. Either the law is unpopular and people hate it for what it's done to their health care -or- Obama is actually unpopular and people do dislike him.

Put this story up against the fawning press approval polls and there is some serious cognitive dissonance being attempted.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

His name maybe? That's the point of the article, having his name attached to it, not his skin color. Did you even read it or are you just seeing something you WANT to see but isn't there? Because race didn't come up even once in the article you posted, not once.

Quit with the race baiting.
edit on 1/17/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

link   
Obviously the 30 million people without insurance must be racists.

NBC comes up with another lulu.

link   
You lied for clicks, stars and flags.

How shameful.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But I thought Obama was so popular? If he's so popular then this nickname should be saving the law, not dooming it.

They can't have it both ways. Either the law is unpopular and people hate it for what it's done to their health care -or- Obama is actually unpopular and people do dislike him.

Put this story up against the fawning press approval polls and there is some serious cognitive dissonance being attempted.

I was disappointed with the plan, not the man!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You didn't read the article did you. Race wasn't mentioned even once, the article being about racism is a fabrication solely within the mind of the OP. Your ignorance is showing.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Dear carewemust:

What the heck are you even talking about?? The "liberal media" DID NOT SAY THAT.

YOU made this about "race" - the article didn't say ANYTHING about Obama's blackness.

My question is why did you assume that is what they meant? Very confusing. Unless you think his name = his race?

?????

From the article:

"Most people's perception that this law has destroyed the health system or whatever is completely based on their political perceptions of it."

Liz Hamel, who directs polling for the independent Kaiser Family Foundation, found the name does tend to polarize people.

"There is some evidence there that, to a certain extent, views on Obamacare are a proxy for views on Obama," Hamel told NBC News.

"When we said 'health reform law' they said they don't know how they feel about it. When we said 'Obamacare', people more easily split into pro- and con- camps," she added.

"I do think that people who don't like the law are predisposed to blame other problems in the health care system on the law. When we ask people what about the law they don't like, they say they believe it has increased health care costs."

Where does it say something about race being the issue? Politics, yes. Race? Not so much???

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

"But it's implied! Somehow... not really sure how but it is definitely implied because I want it to be!"

This is the only 'logic' I can see coming from this post and it's not even remotely logical.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thats rich since it was Hillarys healthcare plan, and Obama just got his name on it because he was president.
edit on 17-1-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

I'm totally scratching my head on this one. Weren't we "liberal SJW's" supposed to be the ones throwing down the race card?? It's just weird when other people do it...and they don't do it right either...

lol!

Oh well. They will catch up eventually...or keep believing whatever they want regardless of what is actually said?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Does everything have to boil down to RACE when it comes to Obama?

Apparently so seeing as how nothing in the article said anything about race yet you still boiled it down to something racial.

Seems like you need to take a good long hard look in the mirror and figure out why you're projecting your own emotions and thoughts onto others.
edit on 1/17/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join