It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama pardon Hilliary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: anonentity
Since its fairly well reported that Obama doesn't like Hillary that much, and the feeling is mutual will she actually get a Pardon along with Bill. Or will he leave them in a vulnerable position. I think they will get a Pardon because to much crap is just too much. conservativeread.com...-o I think he will leave it to the last second of his term in office. That's if he intends to leave.

What has she been charged with? I don't think you can pardon a crime yet to be charged AND convicted or ever will....

I am upholding you on this one. I didnt even know that the President could proactively pardon someone until a couple of weeks ago. Me.
I gave you a star for having had the same notion I did.

edit on 1/17/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He'll probably ban her from dabbing.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Since its fairly well reported that Obama doesn't like Hillary that much, and the feeling is mutual will she actually get a Pardon along with Bill.

Got any facts to back that up?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's right next to the fact they are besties.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Since its fairly well reported that Obama doesn't like Hillary that much, and the feeling is mutual will she actually get a Pardon along with Bill. Or will he leave them in a vulnerable position. I think they will get a Pardon because to much crap is just too much. conservativeread.com...-o I think he will leave it to the last second of his term in office. That's if he intends to leave.

What has she been charged with? I don't think you can pardon a crime yet to be charged AND convicted or ever will....

Ford pardoned Nixon. No charges ever filed.

Obama needs to think about Hillary.

Ramifications and all.

May be worthwhile to remember that it was Valerie Jarrett that leaked about Hillary's use of private email. Threw her under the bus.

Maybe they got even, maybe not.
edit on 17-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes I phoned up Hillary and she said she hates Obama. lol www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes I phoned up Hillary and she said she hates Obama. lol www.dailymail.co.uk...

Author claims . . .

On the internet, must be true.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It's right next to the fact they are besties.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Ford pardoned Nixon. No charges ever filed.

Obama needs to think about Hillary.

Ramifications and all.

Exactly. It could make him look real bad. Him being worried about that non existent legacy and all he probably won't do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
She hasn't been charged with any crime,so how can he pardon her,I'm hoping what Trump was waiting for,and has these charges on his agenda

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Pardon her?
What did I miss?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I see pardons for:
3 Clintons
Lynch
Holder
Rice
Jarrett
Everyone in a cabinet position and/or part of the Obama Administration.

It won't be because anyone is guilty of course, it'll be to protect them from Trump. Naturally.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Lynch and Holder MUST go to jail. More so than even the Clinton's.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Pardoning Hillary would be acquiescing that she committed a crime, which no one has determined that she has.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think you have to do something wrong to get pardoned. Face it, they didn't prosecute her because there was nothing to prosecute her for. Republican smear lies are not real.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I think you have to do something wrong to get pardoned. Face it, they didn't prosecute her because there was nothing to prosecute her for. Republican smear lies are not real.

Richard Nixon was granted a full and unconditional pardon for crimes he "might have committed" while president.

They could do the same for Hillary, just change president to secretary of state.

Accepting a pardon is in essence an admission of guilt.

I doubt Obama will, but it is possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nothing to pardon. Years and years of attempts to discredit her with no success, well except for getting people to vote in the most disgusting piece of garbage from either party to ever win the Presidency.

How do you pardon someone never convicted or even indicted of any crime?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Not true.

Yep. In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

Bravo!!! I had always contended that formal charging and criminal proceedings must take first before a pardon issued. Thank you for the clarification!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join