It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning commutation could set up Assange extradition to US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: loveguy

originally posted by: loveguy

a reply to: loveguy

I really think he commuted the sentence just because he felt it was right. I doubt Obama hinged his decisions on what Assange said what he would do if X was done.

Assange will not be in any hurry to face charges anywhere.

We're kind of learning things as we go huh?
I wonder if O presented a deal to Assange, and Assange gave Manning as a condition?
Did Assange cause a reaction by O's administration?

If Assange is in the wrong, why would O extend leniency to Manning, but withdraw it from Assange?
Why would Assange make a deal for clemency for Manning doing wrong?

The secret is out. Damage control is too little too late, and frankly not worth the effort.
If the effort is to give the impression of integrity...
It's time to start acting with integrity, would you not agree?

Assange has done much more in regard to leaking to Manning. Obama is a Constitutional Law Professor. I believe he studied the case and found the sentence too harsh.

I'll apologize in advance...
Did O have anything to do with policies wrought on today's Chicago murder statistics?

Don't answer that, it's a loaded question, and has nothing to do with Assange, or this thread.

The only thing Assange did was release documents displaying the integrity of gov.
It's that integrity that requires restoration.
Returning the ability and freedom to raise his kids would be the first step.

I will ignore the loaded question part.

I used to fully support wikileaks. They have lost some journalistic integrity, in my eyes.

Not all, I I question some of their 'dumps' and think they should have.

They do call themselves journalists. Journalists don't dump every last piece of information they have without context. I have found them to be irresponsible on many levels in the last year.

That's fair.
On the other hand, wiki has how many on their staff (Not having to duck and cover/hide from authority) that can and will articulate/spin whatever 'news item' in the context that their readers can digest; of the piles and piles and piles of the piles of documents?

Without websites and members efforts; maybe none would be put into any context...we'd be dumber, still?
We'd believe still that what business we have on foreign soil is to force democracy down their throats...
If they happen to survive that onslaught, they're better off for it?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Remember... Assange litterally claimed a pardon for Manning... not a commutation. The two are completely different with similar outcome.

A "pardon" being an executive FORGIVENESS of the crimes commited,

while

A "commutation" is an executive LOWERING of the time served.

Thanks for putting that in there.
I forgot while making the thread to include that point.

Could it be a Freudian-slip that the us gov. may pursue the angle of charging Assange with conspiracy?

Conspiracy is pretty hard to prove without concrete evidence...
Will the gov. use wiki as their source for concrete evidence?

Will that evidence proving a host of conspiracies be used as evidence against the guy releasing that evidence to the public?

That's what I call a squishy.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
RE: the story....at this point I don't care. But im sure Assange's extradition is part of the plan. He was a good asset, eh?

RE: you comments...we have monetized all manner of things that should not be monetized. Healthcare, prisons, war, public utility delivery, etc. Capitalism is great....capitalism run amok sucks.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
We need Assange for the next elections. So we can make intelligent choices instead of sifting through the propaganda trying to make sense of the misinformation (spin).

So I hereby pardon Assange from any foolish ideas of throwing himself to the mercy of the mostly goons controlling the United States. Unless of course, his Embassy he's staying at is somehow worse than a dangerous prison.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, just remember that as it currently stands, the UK will extradite Assange to Sweden if he sets foot outside of the Ecuadorian embassy.

Assange can say all he like about taking a trip to the US, or the Isle of Wight for that matter, but it'll be via Sweden, where he will face his accusers for sex crimes. After he has sorted that little outstanding problem out, he can go wherever he pleases. He's not actually wanted anywhere else to my knowledge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join