It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human interaction stuff that makes you smile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

haha brilliant!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Bumping my own thread but only because it is a story which makes me smile and I wanted to share it.

I have paid the shortfall if someone hasn't had the cash in the queue at supermarkets a few times in my life, most recently last week.
Friendly genuine 'Don't worry about it' offer with a warm smile.

It happened to me today as I had no card on my person, only the cash in my pocket. As I told the cashier he'd have to take an item off I was surprised and humbled when 3 people in the queue offered to pay with warm genuine smiles.

I was in my clothes clearly dirty after physical work, looking tired, buying 4 bottles of ale and a frozen meal for one lol. The old retired guy had the warmest understanding smile so I took his offer, thanked the other two, and left the supermarket thinking what a beautiful moment of human interaction.

...for the record I was going to cancel the frozen meal and buy the beer, I have food at home, but I interpreted the queue seeing a man who really just wanted to chill.

Tiny things, but I have smiled all the way home and I am reminded how it feels when us strangers are nice to each other.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Very nice!
I love those stories and they make the world a little sunnier

Glad you're getting to eat AND drink tonight (bonus!).

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I really needed it tonight, not the frozen meal, just that loving warmth of human kindness from multiple strangers.

Maybe 10+ people smiled in that minor community interaction, especially when I embraced it in my 'Talk to everyone # it I'm the topic now' outlook lol!'

Frozen sweet n sour chicken n rice was nice as well, 13 minutes in microwave

*edit*
Kindness from strangers is deeper than kindness from friends, it's what makes our communities

edit on 27.4.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Kindness from strangers is deeper than kindness from friends, it's what makes our communities

Yes, it certainly can be.
Doesn't matter if it's a little time as in an ear or shoulder, a smile or a few coins...it can mean everything to someone else. It can lift their spirit and cause them to go on just one more day or gives the chance that hope and love may spring eternal.

It can also work in the reverse so, we must be careful to not put out negativity as well (IMO) or it throws everything off balance.
Okay enough of that!
I wanna talk about frozen sweet and sour chicken! LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

True, I have to work on the negativity thing myself sometimes, none of us are perfect though.

...frozen sweet n sour chicken was actually nice lol, not as nice as from my local Chinese takeaway of course, but filled a corner of a hungry man's stomach

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join