It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question: why are you not keen to see the tax returns?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
These people will lie to the public, and do exactly the opposite of what they say.

Let's take Rex Tillerson's Exxonmobil for example .

ExxonMobil gave millions to climate-denying lawmakers despite pledge

Under pressure from shareholders, company promised eight years ago to stop funding climate denial – but financial and tax records tell a different story

edit on 17-1-2017 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I see Trumps tax return as a red herring, or even a straw man kind of talking point to criticize Trump.

Did you ever think that his tax return is actually a back up to what he has said in the past..if what he says is true that is?
The thing is, he says things without thinking it through in case it comes back to haunt him, like to Hillary, "Because I'm smart" in relation to him not needing to, or not paying any taxes, if he didn't pay taxes, there has to be a reason for that, and it would be on the tax return.

What else has he said, well, in his 'philantropic works' for instance, he has said, "I have given over a $102 million to charity" which nobody knows zip nada zilch about, apart from a few rounds of golf here and there.
So any charity amounts would also need to be in his tax return, and if they were not, then he's not so smart, and might even imply that he needs a refund

The trouble with Donald is a very big one, he is a prolific liar, about himself in the positive, and so often about others in the negative.
A published tax return then, could actually give him some badly needed crediblity. But no, he says nobody is interested.
Well I am Donald, only because you lie so much.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Because having a President whos Mr Number 1 in the government who has defrauded the government through tax evasion is like hiring a wolf to look after the sheep.

Taking advantage of a system full of loopholes is not the same as tax evasion.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

I can't speak for the right or the left as I'm neither one and I lean more towards libertarian principles. However I don't think any one ideology is always the answer for every industry or situation.

Having said that:

Fact: if he has nothing to hide, showing them would silence all the naysayers. So why not do it? "Because he doesn't have to" is not a valid response. Why would he risk making himself look suspicious if there's nothing to hide? Why even bother?

Trumps worth is based on his PERCEIVED wealth and investments.

When you file your taxes and you can afford to pay for the best tax lawyers and accountants who can LEGALLY hide your profits while LEGALLY embellish your losses for greater deductions it will save you money, but it might paint an ugly image of your business sense.

So I can see where his tax returns could damage his PERCEIVED messiah abilities when it comes to wealth and investments . Personally I don't think he is billionaire but more of along the lines of being a hundredMillionaire, but that is just my opinion.

But in the End and speaking for myself , I could care less about his tax returns because taxes returns in the past have not prevented Cheney, Obama, or the Clintons who are full blown crooks. I left out Bush because I think Cheney ran that show.

So I say F the taxes and lets move on and see if he Is the conman many including myselfI think he is . The burden is on him to prove he is not Full of BS , like the rest before him , but at least give him a chance.

However, the LEFT has gone full retard on him winning the election and sticking to this tax return thing like its some huge issue but overlooking Hillary not releasing her multi million dollar lobbyist speeches. Personally I think she had more to hide than Trump .

edit on 53131America/ChicagoTue, 17 Jan 2017 16:53:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Personally, I don't care because I don't agree with the income tax system in this nation anyway. If he released them and they showed he'd dotted every i, crossed every t, and paid a hefty sum... meh. If, however, he released them and they showed he'd used every loophole imaginable and ultimately bent Uncle Sam over a barrel and forced the IRS to ask for another roll, I'd celebrate like a rock star over it. ANYONE who screws the IRS, I adore.

There is a difference, mind you, between screwing the IRS and screwing the taxpayer. I don't consider "cheating" on taxes, reducing the amount you PAY IN to be screwing the tax payers like Democrats consider such things. That's simply smart business with your own money. I do, however, consider taking money from the IRS which exceeds what you paid into it to be disgusting and theft directly from the taxpayers. So, I reckon if his returns showed he'd received more in refunds from the IRS over the past 10 years than he paid in, I'd be ruffled at him.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Seeing ANYBODY's tax returns will not make my 2017 better than 2016. That's why. I'm more interested in policies that shape what happens to us working stiffs.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well lets see. Any good american is a tax protester anyway. Many figure its Trumps bizz what do I care anyway? Would I even know what I were looking at?

And what statist creep is making this a sort of requirement of some sort.....needs to be verified ect. F**K this commi bullsh*t. Shove my tax forms up your $$$.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
@D8tee:
'Experts with an agenda.'

So every single one of them worldwide would have an agenda? Don't be naive.

As for people saying it's to do with him not paying tax, he's already admitted and bragged about that so that's obviously not it. The thinking is that there are dodgy dealings with Russia there which might lead to too many questions he doesn't want to answer.

The bottom line is that if it would make no difference to anything, there is no reason not to release them. Period. Anyone with an ounce of awareness of marketing and PR can see that it would immediately shut everyone up if he releases uninteresting returns. His body language, deflection, defensiveness and unwillingness to engage on the subject speaks volumes. Given that most of his campaign focused on 'crooked hillary' one would expect him to want to show that he himself is not crooked.

I think the only other viable alternative is what one of the posters said e.g. he's saving them for when a smokescreen is needed.
edit on 17-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: Can't get the quoting right!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well lets see. Any good american is a tax protester anyway. Many figure its Trumps bizz what do I care anyway? Would I even know what I were looking at?

And what statist creep is making this a sort of requirement of some sort.....needs to be verified ect. F**K this commi bullsh*t. Shove my tax forms up your $$$.

Because transparency is important if you're meant to trust someone. This isn't China.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I can only say BUUUUULLLLLSHHHHI*****

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I can only say BUUUUULLLLLSHHHHI*****

And to what, may I ask, does this thoughtful response pertain?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Because transparency is important if you're meant to trust someone. This isn't China.

Transparency is important. But it's selectively important to Democrats and Republicans. If you honestly believe the way Obama handled the birth certificate controversy was transparent and responsive to the public -- and totally above suspicion -- I'd be surprised.

But Obama mocked & ridiculed people who wanted to see his long form birth certificate. That type of response was celebrated by his supporters.

You honestly expect Trump supporters to be sympathetic to this cause?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm sure Trump's taxes do look bad for some reason or another. But that's not quite the same as operating a fake charity, that doesn't actually help people and in works in cahoots with micro financing and Muhamed Yunus to get people into debt and then get them into running drugs or prostitution.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
I'm sure Trump's taxes do look bad for some reason or another. But that's not quite the same as operating a fake charity, that doesn't actually help people and in works in cahoots with micro financing and Muhamed Yunus to get people into debt and then get them into running drugs or prostitution.

You got any sources for that?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And is that why we've all seen Obama's academic records?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

They want to see his tax returns to not prove his income, but rather authenticate it's legitimacy.

Can you understand the difference?

Releasing them proves he doesn't commit illegal activity. Maybe you don't understand how the Tax Return tradition started with Reagan? People accused him and he released them to calm the storm. Trump is creating his own storm just blatantly breaking the tradition, most likely because of dirty business.
edit on 17-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nice one.

I don't care about his taxes.

What could be amiss anyway?

There are plenty ways a billionaire can find to legally not pay as much tax as some people want.

I had friends claim 10 dependents then pay at the end of the year. The extra money they had at the end of the week, worked for them by yrs end.

And they were just working for a paycheck, not running a real estate empire.

So, non issue for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON
a reply to: CynConcepts

They want to see his tax returns to not prove his income, but rather authenticate it's legitimacy.

Can you understand the difference?

Releasing them proves he doesn't commit illegal activity. Maybe you don't understand how the Tax Return tradition started with Reagan? People accused him and he released them to calm the storm. Trump is creating his own storm just blatantly breaking the tradition, most likely because of dirty business.

Then the agency that brought down Al Capone suddenly got stupid?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Funny how trump has sealed his academic records in the exact same way you have, as has Obama.... Also funny how trump refuses to show his long and short form birth certificates!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join