It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Space federation'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Can we please stay on topic and argue with eachother, its very immature.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is kind of on topic we are debating whether earthsisters belief in her alien federation is true or not.

And if we're being immature...she started it.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I agree with radagast this is fun...so let's continue.

Earthsister, to say I constantly follow you around is a bit silly considering this is only the third time we have posted in the same thread I believe this:

makes you sound a little kooky.

I suggest people follow the links I posted to learn more. I certainly don't think anything I've ever stated towards you in any thread could be taken as rude or malicious, just a different pov from a guy thats been in this for a long time.

Hows this working for ya Rad?

Spiderj

Spiderj

You are obviously turning the thread into an argument with me. I don't care what your opinion is of me. I only care that you stop harassing me with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You are obviously turning the thread into an argument with me. I don't care what your opinion is of me. I only care that you stop harassing me with it.

Again I am not harrasing, I came into this post for open discussion, you attacked me and leaving posts like this accusing me of harrasing you well I'm certainly not one to let something like that stand.

You are the one who started the personal attack, not me.

You claim there is a federation, I claim to want more proof than just someone's word. When I contradict you it is not to attack you but to state my opposing view point which I did in my initial response to this thread.

Why should I agree with you and let you make statements that I feel are false with no response, that is not what this website was designed for and Wyatt has the right to hear everyones dissenting view points and responses.

If you stop baiting and can stick to the discussion that's what we'll do, but if you keep attacking, I'll keep defending my perspective about aliens in general and any posts you or anyone else I disagree with ( or agree for that matter) makes.

It's a discussion board, it's a debating forum, it's what we do here.

But you are the one who seems to make it personal.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And sorry to say that not only is it my right to contradict you it's up to everyone on this sight not to take a strangers word at face value, my concern is not so much for you as for someone like wyatt who is new to this arena not to just accept what people tell him (or her).

You are reacting the way I've seen many others in your position act because you have to assume that people who disagree with you are either jealous, angry or somehow negative. YOu can't see that the plain truth of the matter is that people who disagree with you aren't bad we just have a different view point.

I suggest people follow the links I posted to learn more. I certainly don't think anything I've ever stated towards you in any thread could be taken as rude or malicious, just a different pov from a guy thats been in this for a long time.

Hows this working for ya Rad?

Spiderj

Who do you think you are? Forum police? I do not see the word "Moderator" next to your name.

Why would somebody like you, who knows nothing personally and has experienced nothing personally about alien life, have such a strong opinion about WHO can be allowed to post what they have experienced and HOW they should be able to say it in the ATS UFO forum?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Again I am not harrasing, I came into this post for open discussion, you attacked me and leaving posts like this accusing me of harrasing you well I'm certainly not one to let something like that stand.

You are the one who started the personal attack, not me.

You claim there is a federation, I claim to want more proof than just someone's word. When I contradict you it is not to attack you but to state my opposing view point which I did in my initial response to this thread.

Why should I agree with you and let you make statements that I feel are false with no response, that is not what this website was designed for and Wyatt has the right to hear everyones dissenting view points and responses.

If you stop baiting and can stick to the discussion that's what we'll do, but if you keep attacking, I'll keep defending my perspective about aliens in general and any posts you or anyone else I disagree with ( or agree for that matter) makes.

It's a discussion board, it's a debating forum, it's what we do here.

But you are the one who seems to make it personal.

SPiderj

How do I get an actual moderator in here to get you OFF MY BACK?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Who do you think you are? Forum police? I do not see the word "Moderator" next to your name.

I'm a member, it's every member's right including yours.

Why would somebody like you, who knows nothing personally and has experienced nothing personally about alien life, have such a strong opinion about WHO can be allowed to post what they have experienced and HOW they should be able to say it in the ATS UFO forum?

It doesn't matter if I have or haven't. It's just as much my right as anyone elses, we are all here for the truth.

This last posting of yours sounded like just a personal attack to me, and since I'm sure we'd all like to get back on topic, let me say this.

An alien federation may or may not exist, but certainly no one on this website knows for sure.

That is my opinion.

Everytime you tell your story that is your opinon based on an experience you may or may not have had. It is not truth to anyone but you it is not proof of existence of aliens and it is not fact.

Again this is my opinion, if you can prove me wrong in a calm and sane manner I would be more than happy to accept it. The burden is on you, it is my job, and the job of every other member on this board to question anything anyone says here.

I don't see why you don't understand that.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Do you really have the right to discredit her? is she now allowed to tell you about her experience?

Ofcourse she wants to make people sure that it happened to her, wouldn't you? and she is being called mentally instable which is a PERSONAL ATTACK.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
okay im not taking sides here. but i must skeptically pose this to you:

earthsister, do you have any proof whatsoever of these claims you make. i've had a brief glance at the website in your sig (i assume its yours?) and at the various sketches- and detailed accounts and quite specific information.
surely you must understand that for anyone to dissect your story, and accept it (even tho it is teetering on the brink of fact and fiction) as truth, you need to have some kind of absolute proof, photos, videos, dunno something more than words and sketches.

now if you don't, (for whatever reasons which i can respect) don't be shocked or alarmed when various people, here on these forums, or in the real world (im sure you know this by now) frankly don't believe you, and never will.

there will be always those who accept things on faith value alone. but until you have some real proof, which id love to see btw (im not trying to prove you wrong or anything) i wont be one of them.

edit: i do agree with ground zero tho, the argument got too personal on both sides, guys just relax

[edit on 29/1/05 by painkiller]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
painkiller

I think I should be free to post, whether anybody believes what I say or not, proof or no proof. Because that is what this place is for.

I have no problem with not being believed, and I keep saying that over and over. I just don't want to be ATTACKED or badgered for the purpose of preventing me from posting what I know from my own experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How would anyone know the answer to that question anyway. To be quite honest, there is no real proof of aliens anyway.

[edit on 1/29/2005 by Sparro]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I did not call her mentally unstable I question her mental stability.

None of us here knows this person, none of us here knows eachother, to take that person at their word is imo not the smartest thing to do.

Earthsister just like everyone else including myself is more than free to post their story but should I expect everything I say or write to be believed, if someone questions me and puts me to the test should I be allowed to scream personal attack and then make malicious statements towrad the poster, the simple answer is no.

If you followed the links I posted and read them you will see that I have been more than fair with earthsister in the past it is she who took it personally.

If I told the same exact story earthsister told, I would have to make sure I am open for debate and to prove my point, turning the attack on me is not debate.

In one of the links I asked her when she first started having experiences did she get herself checked out, a psychiatrist, a cat scan. her answer was no.

Honestly if I started having alien contacts on an astral or physical level the first thing I would do is attempt to rule out any medical, chemical or psychiatric problem I may be experiencing.

In my opinion someone unwilling to take this step is not doing their part to search for the truth.

You don't have to tell your doctor why you want the catscan done, he or she will do it if you ask and you're willing to pay or your insurance will cover it, a full check up also does not require the person to talk about their possible encounters either.

A psychiatrist may be different, but you could certainly go talk to one knowing that client confidnetiality will apply.

Is this not the reasonable thing to do?

To attack me invites me to defend, I will not accept anyones word at face value, and I would hope I'm not the only one.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
painkiller

I think I should be free to post, whether anybody believes what I say or not, proof or no proof. Because that is what this place is for.

I have no problem with not being believed, and I keep saying that over and over. I just don't want to be ATTACKED or badgered for the purpose of preventing me from posting what I know from my own experience.

by all means

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by painkiller

by all means

Thank you

Anyway, the topic is by wyatt43...

'Space federation'

hi everyone this migh seem a bit a a new user question but is there a 'force' or 'resistance' that protects the earth from hostile extra terrestials?

And also if extra terrestrials are all different as all humans are why doesnt one of them create a 'federation' which is part human and part extra-terrestrial?

I know i would want to join.... wouldnt you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This thread is hilarious!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Interesting, I may already be a member of this federation and not even realize it. You see within just one week after JPL included my name on a chip sent to Mars on the first successful rover mission, I got a letter from Paramount. Within the letter I got some identification and the letter stated that I was now an honary officer of the star ship Enterprise. So I guess I may already be in this federation. I wonder when they're going to call me up for duty? I haven't heard anything since then. I have no proof that this Federation exists either but I did get a letter in the mail. Does anyone have more proof of an actual Federation? I could sit here and claim all kinds of stories were true but it would just be a work of fiction as far as everyone else was concerned without some proof.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Damn you step out to earn some money and things go to pot. Nice to see the thread got back to the topic, let's keep it that way please.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Personally I find the concept of a 'Federation' in space between races not that farfetched.Here on Earth we have many institutions that are specificly there to smoothen things out between different nations for political or financial reasons.The same concept could very well work on a grander scale in a space community.
As for absolute proof, no we haven't received a Federation Application Form.Still, in my opinion the concept of a federation can't be totally disregarded because the ufo&et phenomena isn't 'official'.Given the huge variety of ufo's and et's that have been reported over decades, it's not impossible that there's cooperation on some level.

TerraX

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I believe that something similar to the space federation concept exists.Im sure that the majority of alien species who make contact with each other have friendly intentions and would want to work together.

Although i think it would be hard to to work together in the first place.The majory of the alien species might have totally different ways of communicating,or working together,or evens helping eachother out.A more complicated matter is civilization statuas.You all probably heard of this.And you all probably have heard of what is needed to reach each type.What im trying to get at here is thatsome alien species would not want to work with certain types due to the fact that they may be primitive to them.
Right now earth is on type 0.

But im sure with many of the technology advances in some species they may have broken all these problems.So the it is likely some form of ``space federation`` may exist.I verymuch believe so.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Yes i would join, it would be cool to be apart of a federation like in star trek

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join