It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Marc Lamont Hill: "Mediocre Negroes Being Dragged In Front Of TV As Photo-Op For Trump"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, were the blacks who met with Trump mediocre negroes in your opinion?

What do you think Hill meant by that?

Let's start there because Clarke obviously identified with it.
edit on 17-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not sure what "Mediocre Negro" means as it's the first time I've ever heard that. I assume it means Just an average Black person. In which case I'd say No, Steve Harvey isn't Mediocre. He's a fairly successful entertainer so I wouldn't call him average in that sense.

The way Hill explains it however is that he meant it to mean that Harvey wasn't someone who he considered to be a policy maker for the Black community. That if Trump wanted to talk to someone about Urban Development that he should be talking to someone other than Harvey because that isn't his area of knowledge. I'm not involved in any of those things so I can't exactly comment on that either way.

I don't know why Clarke felt he needed to comment on it since it wasn't even about him but he did. When he did he apparently thought using a term like Jigaboo was needed. Personally that seems more offensive than "Mediocre Negro" but that's just my opinion and doesn't matter anyway. People can say whatever they want using whatever words they choose as far as I care. My problem was with the one sided attitude people had here using what was said to attack Hill and even Liberals in general while giving a pass to Clarke. That is a double standard the way I see it and isn't cool.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, first of all this comment doesn't represent "The Left". It's just his personal comment. He represents himself.

Second, Clarks comment is equally as bad as Hills if not worse so why doesn't that reflect negatively to the right in the same way you apply Hills comment to the Left???

Should it not show both sides as just as bad as the other???

Right wingers are allowed the usual comments like Clarke because let's face it lower IQ people get a free pass. Clarke may want to watch his comments becaue with the one he just made he will be labeled a Uncle Tom.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, I'm going to take a shot in the dark because I don't know what your racial identity is, but I'm going to guess you aren't black.

So I'm guessing the racial slur is what has your dander up.

But since the two involved in this tweet storm are black, I'm am writing this off as the equivalent of two white guys calling each other things like Cracker and Whitebread or Redneck or Trailer Trash or Gringo. Obviously, since no one bothers to get offended when people use slurs against whites, it doesn't have the same punch. Obviously it doesn't since I can type those words out without fear of mod reprisal like I can't dare to type the "n" word and won't risk typing the one Clarke used. But the concept is the same.

Can two people of the same ethnicity slur each other in the same way that one person of one ethnicity can slur someone of another ethnicity, especially when the ethnicity in question is famous for using the grandaddy slur word of them all as common, everyday language now and holding it mercilessly over every other race's head that they and only they can use that word?

I'm mixed race. Not black, although along with my children and grandchildren we have pretty much used up all the colors in the Human Crayola box.

My dander didn't get up at all on the topic. I saw one guy pot-shot another to make him look like a hypocrite. I agree entirely on what you just posted and will star it.

What got my dander up was someone who couldn't spell but was trying to tell me that they are smarter because they are liberal, young and proud. Statistically, there is a good chance that they can't read their high school diploma. The implied threat of

The day will come when you think you have it all figured out and yet we hunt better than you.
I found insulting. So I responded in kind.

[ Hat Tip To You]

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So calling someone a "mediocre negro" proves Liberal's don't care about racism and yet you don't seem to have a problem with Trump Supporting Far Right Sheriff Clark calling him a Jigaboo???

Because that doesn't seem partisan bias or anything.

Is "Negro" considered an offensive term?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What a fine job, and thank you UK. BUMPED BIG.
Mediocre indeed... if Steve quit the Feud tomorrow and did
nothing but sell his ties, he'd still make about seven figures a year.
Marc Hill = clueless lib bot.

PS read a little further. I think David Clarke may deserve the
cowboy hat after THAT tweet slam.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Is "Negro" considered an offensive term?

For some people it is. Depends on the person I guess. It's just "black" in a different language but some people find it offensive.

Some people even say that "Black" is offensive. They only want African American. Just depends.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Yay for double standards!!! F*ck ya!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He means he's just an entertainer and not someone who should be in charge of policy decisions. Basically that Harvey is just some average guy without any specific knowledge about the position he's being appointed to.

Well yeah, that...and he's (looks over both shoulders)...black. (shhh!! Shhh! You don't want those people to overhear!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruthAnother reason the Democrat party is unraveling,the liberals are quick to call people names,then blame the other guy,no sence of leadership,or tact,but I guess it's ok for a liberal to be racist,can blame it on white people

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Liberals have a natural instinct to deflect away from their crimes whilst pointing at others. Hypocrisy is inbuilt into their physche.
This is why the liberal media and organisations like the ACLU give a pass to other liberals for the same thing they brand conservatives as racist.
The election and the hysteria around it has really shown that there are no groups fighting for race equality, or gender equality or any other equality. The fight is purely a political one.
Now that is so clear, it makes it better.
Less in the way of outing liberal hypocrites at every turn.
Take them down and don't let any of their fake race or gender wars get in the way.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So calling someone a "mediocre negro" proves Liberal's don't care about racism and yet you don't seem to have a problem with Trump Supporting Far Right Sheriff Clark calling him a Jigaboo???

Because that doesn't seem partisan bias or anything.

Ah, now you kind of see the irony don't you?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How does Marc describe Dr Ben Carson????

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Why shouldn't we? You did with Obama. Whined and pissed and moaned and blocked him at every opportunity. Now it's our turn. Deal with it buttercup.

(Maybe not you personally, but maybe you did; I'm talking Repubs in general)
edit on 18-1-2017 by Rookseven because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: seasonal

Why shouldn't we? You did with Obama. Whined and pissed and moaned and blocked him at every opportunity. Now it's our turn. Deal with it buttercup.

(Maybe not you personally, but maybe you did; I'm talking Repubs in general)

That's an awesome and mature attitude to have.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

CNN's Marc Lamont Hill

More Fake News from you..

As far as I can tell, he is not employed by CNN? But rather some guy on a panel of people saying stuff?

Does everyone that appears on Fox to say stuff work for Fox?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Liberals have a natural instinct to deflect away from their crimes whilst pointing at others. Hypocrisy is inbuilt into their physche.

Sounds like you read your shrinks diagnosis and substituted Liberal for your own name?

Your shrink will tell you that projection is part of your issue. Feel better soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lamont Hill's point about bringing experts to the table rather than head line celebs is correct, his manner of suggesting this : Incredibly stupid and shows the man's real line (not as if he tries to hide it).

In this wonderful world of business and politics its already almost impossible to get the so called experts to do a half decent job as of late (I presume the corruption isn't bunging them enough) but the last thing I then want is a TV personality presiding over policy, half these guys don't even live in the real world and apart from the odd sound bite they do not come across as dedicated or skilled in this department let alone able in business to KEEP making money and not wasting it (Kanye anyone, would you want HIM in government?)

If Trump wants to prove to the people he needs to stop the nepotism, making random looking choices and start looking at the right people for the job that don't have a ton of skeletons just waiting to fall out of the closet.

Steve Harvey, nice guy, managed to not get a name correct when that was all he had to do and no, I'd not want him on the board unless he had a proven track record in a field related to the job.
edit on 18-1-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And some people get upset at African American.

You cannot win.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Seems to me like Hill was pretty close to accusing Harvey of acting white with that comment. He's a mediocre negro meaning he's not authentically black and not "down with the struggle" properly.

To be fair, Harvey does have West Virginia cole mining roots before his family moved to Cleveland so he's not full urban, but even so, that does suggest his background is one of poor kid making good even if it started in coal mining country and has a full family.

That might explain Clarke's ire. How many times do kids like Harvey and Clarke who go to school and go all the right things get denigrated as "acting white?"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join