It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could live in your dreams 24/7, would you want to?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I absolutely would choose to live in my dreams 24/7 if I could. My dreams are a peaceful place without much danger. Even when there's danger in my dreams, it doesn't seem serious.

I'm sure a lot of people would not choose to live in their dreams because of their obligations in this world. For instance, they may not want to leave their loved ones. My answer to that is if you were going to live in your dreams 24/7, your loved ones would simply think you had passed away. It's going to happen to all of us at some point. I would rather know where I'm going (i.e. my own dreams) than face the unknown (i.e. an afterlife which may not even exist). After all, your main responsibility in life is to yourself. That may sound selfish, but if you don't take of yourself, you can't help anyone else too much.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

For my dream, if reincarnation and is mandatory for everyone,I'll gather followers and launch an insurrection against the Creator. I see reincarnation as a torture chamber.
edit on 1/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think any one thing gets boring eventually when you push it as far as it goes for a lifetime.

So for my permanent dream id like to be able to do anything anytime. Perhaps a genie lamp with 3 wishes every day.

Question, if we are already in our dreams, would we dream when we sleep? Because if we did get to sleep id like my dreams in my dream to be nightmares so i could appreciate the waking 'reality'!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Dreams are cool, but they can turn on you in a heart beat, especially the lucid dreams. I would rather risk there not being an afterlife. Then oblivion would probably be peaceful.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would absolutely choose to live in dreams over the real world, even the bad ones. It's escape, playing a video game is similar to me, or being lost in a movie.

Put me to sleep, I would not regret it!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I cannot imagine anything more terrifying.

So... no.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In my dreams - wonderful. In my nightmares - screw you buddy...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Nah. The dreams I've posted here should be a hint that dreamland is a weird place for me.

Trust me. My subconscious is not for the faint of heart or lovers of peaceful meditation.

I will say no more...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
God no! Who wants to be a chicken being eternally stalked by a T. Rex?

edit on 1172017 by Natas0114 because: Because I goofed.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you could live in your dreams 24/7, would you want to?

No.

I already get a take of it in the political forums.

It's all MAKE BELIEVE.

I'd rather take real life the way it was meant to be.

The good.

The bad.

The ugly.

It's how we grow.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I thought you would live in a dream world where your hands afe made of guns, you marry a gun, live in a giant gun and get to ride to work in a car made of guns where your job is to make and test guns

Sorry I tease

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have a lot of wild dreams. And i would love to be able to stay in them longer. But i feel that, as i do with everything, i might become bored of my dreams at some point. As crazy and mystifying as mine are, I'm sure I'd become complacent with them and begin searching for something new.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I thought you would live in a dream world where your hands afe made of guns, you marry a gun, live in a giant gun and get to ride to work in a car made of guns where your job is to make and test guns

Sorry I tease

So Sorry wake me up after this dream I am having over in another thread about Iran.

It's entertaining watching people act like Slim pickens riding a nuke in free fall.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If all my dreams were like the decent ones, then yes, I'd live in my dreams. Absolutely.

I have some really weird dreams, though. Some of them are disgusting, like drinking worm vinegar. I'll pass.

Some nights are pleasant but some are just horrific.

edit on 17-1-2017 by servovenford because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It depends on one HUGE factor.

Are my dreams dream like, as in always changing in the nature of the dream.

If then, no.

But then again isn't that the beauty of dreams, they are kinda like Greek epics in that they twist and turn. In fact they are better because instead of hearing about it you're living it, in real time. So when you turn the corner after scratching a $25,000 scratchcard on your way to collect, you never quite expect that bus and slow motion running or that uncontrollable raising of your hands when your about to eat... Ever held your breath and floated? Nah me either but it happens in my dreams some times.

Sure dreams can be epic but they change too, even if you've taught yourself ways to control your dreams and trust me that can be fun... I wouldn't want it 24/7, I couldn't.

It would be like living the hyped up emotional crap they call TV, I love my TV but I wouldn't want to live like the stuff it shows me for the rest of existence. To me it's actually a terrifying prospect come to think of it. Think about it.

We all lucid dream now and then, a life time of that stuff gives people a bad bill of health when they sleep relatively normal hours. Imagine it forever and never knowing when it comes. Sounds like a recipe for heart-attacks to me

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: crazyewok

Sorry I tease

So Sorry wake me up after this dream I am having over in another thread about Iran.

It's entertaining watching people act like Slim pickens riding a nuke in free fall.

Yee Haw!

Couldn't help myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Since I really can't remember many of my dreams, I'd have to say no.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Absolutely. My nightmares haven't really qualified as nightmares since I was a kid, more like mildly unsettling dreams at best. I dream up some pretty awesome places and company, it would be well worth an eternity in & with them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

As i understand, dreams are to help us work through our real life emotions and experiences...and the dream world isn't always easy to interpret.
Trying to understand real life as it is, can be difficult enough for me personally, so i would choose to live in both worlds.
As far as the afterlife is concerned, i put my self, trust and faith in Gods hands and let the good Lord deal with those (unknown) details of life after death.
interestingly, a person once told me they never dream,just sleep...so maybe not everyone would have the option to enter into a permanent dream state...besides a permanent dream state would mean the body is in a coma? and who would be the body's caretakers?,,some alien race with plans of their own for us?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If you couldn't choose the dreams you had, then it would be just like your life is now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join