It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boom: Trump eyes 10% spending cuts, 20% slash of federal workers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Laws restricting fire arm purchases are an infringement on the Second Amendment. I don't see what one issue has to do with the other....other than the fact that fire arm restriction put in place by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT have created a black market for fire arms that often involves the Mexican border.

So again, the Federal Government is to blame for anchor babies, illegal immigration, gun trafficking, and drug trafficking because it insists on upholding UNENFORCIBLE laws.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He can start with the DEA and cut billions.2nd line.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
WMDs, 911, ISIS Threat, Benghazi...

The Intelligence Community would be a good start.

I agree, start with the 17 Intelligence Agency's in the alphabet soup.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: xuenchen

I thought Trump was supposed to be creating jobs. Oh well, now all those workers will just become contractors and do the same job they were just doing. The only difference is that the government will be paying more to said contractors while those former employees make less. So in other words the government probably takes a net loss.

Absolutely correct it has been happening here in the UK for 30 years. In addition austerity (ie government cutbacks) causes a contraction in the economy, just like here in the UK in the last 6 years.

Still the owners of the contracting companies have guaranteed inflated incomes due to the necessity of the jobs they do. Most seemed to be owned by friends of the pro-private folks......hmmm.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I thought Trump was supposed to be creating jobs. Oh well, now all those workers will just become contractors and do the same job they were just doing. The only difference is that the government will be paying more to said contractors while those former employees make less. So in other words the government probably takes a net loss.

Apparently you haven't visited a Government facility in a long time? Times have changed. Most of the government workers are there to manage contractors (which they don't do very well I might add). So... Maybe he'll cut the contractor positions and the regular Govt. employees will have to actually work!!

edit on 17-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Absolutely correct it has been happening here in the UK for 30 years. In addition austerity (ie government cutbacks) causes a contraction in the economy, just like here in the UK in the last 6 years.

Still the owners of the contracting companies have guaranteed inflated incomes due to the necessity of the jobs they do. Most seemed to be owned by friends of the pro-private folks......hmmm.

You are indeed on point...I know someone who works in the probation service which they have privatised, however outsourcing has led to a cut in services, which in turn leads to a wider problem when those folks are released back into the wild, many of whom are suicidal, yet they are dealt with conveyor belt style.

Many private firms are ill-equip to deal with the contracts they take on, yet the government pays them regardless of performance.

Privatisation only ever benefits the few...the ones who line their pockets.
edit on 242017TuesdaypmTue, 17 Jan 2017 17:37:24 -06005America/Chicago172017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If the Federal Government were a publicly traded company they would be bankrupt due to a bloated, overpaid staff, a lack of direction and failure of leadership.

I believe this is just a small amount of what should be cut from that useless, crap hole in Washington. They have ZERO accountability because they have unlimited funding due to the tax payer.
edit on 2017/1/17 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
GOOD! it`s way past time that someone started cutting the fat off this pig called the federal government, a bloated government with a lot of overpaid incompetent employees has a lot of fat that can be cut.
If Trump keeps on like this he won`t have anything left to do in his 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th and 8th years as president.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Lets hope this is true, afterwards he should consider cutting 500,000 jobs at the DOD

Department of Defense is almost as large as the U.S. Army!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
These and many more have reigned too long with corruption: DEA(failed War on Drugs, the MMJ attacks), ATF(F&F), FDA(MMJ attacks), NSA( and it's ilk,speaks for itself), the EPA, etc., etc. Gotta weed out the the ones facilitate the corruption while making big bucks with it, this very well could be a start, for at least some of them hitting them right where it hurts. Being their mostly otherwise not held accountable otherwise.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.
Thomas Jefferson

I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
Thomas Jefferson

I think ever since the civil war our government has been terribly corrupt and I really have no faith in our current system for the correction of what is wrong. I will leave a couple more from T.J. just for you to chew on.

I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution. I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government; I mean an additional article taking from the Federal Government the power of borrowing.
Thomas Jefferson

Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!
Thomas Jefferson

Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

When the representative body have lost the confidence of their constituents, when they have notoriously made sale of their most valuable rights, when they have assumed to themselves powers which the people never put into their hands, then indeed their continuing in office becomes dangerous to the state
Thomas Jefferson

When all government ...in little as in great things... shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power; it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.
Thomas Jefferson

Please read those few quotes and think on them. Look at the opinions of our founding Fathers and think on them. The world has changed sure , but greed and lust for power and money has always been the same. Never should have let lawyers in congress in the first place , the founders knew that and knew why they should not be there. They knew they would twist and convolute bills and laws so much that the ordinary citizen could not understand them. Think on this people , please think on this.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver

Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!
Thomas Jefferson

One of my favs.

And this;

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question. Thomas Jefferson Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
When people are working for the government they are being paid by taxpayers,this is a big problem,we need less government

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join